Free agent Frenzy 2014

DANGLES78

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, Boyle tool less than Detroit was offering to go to NYR and Niskanen just told the Wings he is going elsewhere. Also Ehroff didn't give them the time of day... what a difference a few yrs. makes.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Wings should have stayed in the West, where they'd have gotten in on the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.

Hell, they may be in the lottery next year.

But to your original point... remember hearing how they would destroy the East?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Ben Pouliot's contract's gonna be an albatross in a few years. I'm scared of this Western Conference. Even when we improve, we go nowhere.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I can't belive Anton Stralman blossomed into a player people want their teams to drop 5 year 22 million dollar contracts on. He was the definition of a garbage sixth defenseman while with the Blue Jackets.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I can't belive Anton Stralman blossomed into a player people want their teams to drop 5 year 22 million dollar contracts on. He was the definition of a garbage sixth defenseman while with the Blue Jackets.

Many people, myself included, believed him to be the best D on the market this off-season. Yes, even better than Matty Niskanen, or, at the very least, would come on a better deal than Niskanen.

Seeing that Hooks Orpik got more than Stralman shows that name value over #fancystats is still very prevalent in the NHL.

spacer.png

And the Blackhawks, other than unloading Bollig and Handzus. Also, it sounds like they can't sign Toews and Kane because the new CBA requires that you extend players pursuant to the current salary cap, even if it's a foregone conclusion that it will go up. Well, we had a good run.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived