Free agent Frenzy 2014

DANGLES78

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad Richards doesn't impress me as the kind of guy who has the heart to play for a Canadian/major-market team at this stage of his career. He got his Cup, he got his money, he'll just play out the string with Carolina or Anaheim or something.

I'd take him in Chicago, of course, but that would require taking a pay cut to play under scrutiny for a contender, and I think he'd rather get a ton of new money on top of his ton of buyout money to just sorta hang out and do whatever. Richards has never been a truly great player, just a guy who was in the right place at the right time when the money trucks rolled out. Alfonso Soriano on skates, more or less.

oopsies

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Columbus might win the East this year because oh my god who the hell else is going to.

Also, what in tarnation are the Flames doing? I mean, I'm not surprised, it's just, ugh, Brian Burke, you're an idiot.

Richards is A Guy. It certainly dooms Versteeg and/or Oduya/Leddy. Which is fine.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Devan Dubnyk to Arizona. Which in my opinion is good for people who are not yotes fans. (He kinda sucks) He's horrendously awful.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Richards is A Guy. It certainly dooms Versteeg and/or Oduya/Leddy. Which is fine.

Isn't Leddy still cost-controlled? Why would we get rid of him and not Oduya? Makes no sense. It'll probably be Versteeg, though, as long as we can find a team dumb enough to take him. Personally, I recommend the dumb team that is now paying Deryk Engelland more than they'd be paying Versteeg.

Who will be taken, who will be left though the show ends the signing does not. Will teams go all out or will they lay back we'll see at the beginning of the season till then

nhl_ap_brodeur_580.jpeg

In your dreams Edmonton.

Plus Nabokov signed with Tampa.

NOT THIS GUY AGAIN!

Isn't Leddy still cost-controlled? Why would we get rid of him and not Oduya? Makes no sense. It'll probably be Versteeg, though, as long as we can find a team dumb enough to take him. Personally, I recommend the dumb team that is now paying Deryk Engelland more than they'd be paying Versteeg.

I hope beyond hope it's Versteeg. He is conveniently paid the exact amount as the cap overage.

I'm thinking Washington seems a fine place to send ol 32/23. And I only suggest Leddy because Quenneville doesn't seem to like him.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

How is this a good day for Edmonton? Their only move was overplaying Ben Pouliot. They didn't shore up their D (but if it took 7 years and 40 mil for Niskanen, I'd rather not) and didn't pick up a guy to play 2nd/3rd line Centre in case Leon Draisaitl isn't ready or can't perform.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Very happy with today's moves for the Lightning. Very happy with everything since Sunday night actually. Was able to spend some time with some friends today who work with the team and the one move that I was wary of on Sunday makes perfect sense now.

Maybe even happier with who the team didn't sign. Glad to see Niskanen and Iginla in particular go elsewhere.

Martin Brodeur delusionally thinks he's still an NHL starter. The Winnipeg Jets have Ondrej Pavelec. Get packin' for the prairie, Marty.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well all I can say as a Pens fan, is :censored: the new GM. He's made some pretty dumb ass decisions already, and I just know the pens are going to suck now.

Trade ya Greening for Crosby, help you out with the McDavid sweepstakes.

Dave Bolland's contract year of 23 games with 8 goals and 4 assists earned him $27,500,000 over five years. Dale Tallon, man.

Archived