Free agent Frenzy 2014

DANGLES78

With Free agent frenzy starting tomorrow I think it will be interesting to see where all the UFA'S (and some RFA'S) will go. First I think some teams will go for big names instead of positional needs. For example Martin Brodeur to the Tampa Bay Lightning (probably not going to happen just saying). Still a team like Florida with cap space needs wingers so Vanek or Cammalleri could go there but... It will all depend on the GM's preferences and needs.

NOT THIS GUY AGAIN!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these huge players and hype for today, and the biggest news here the past few days is that Benoit Pouliot doesn't hate Ottawa.

Great times, great times. Hoping Murray can pull a trade off like last years.

Three forwards (inculding "substantial prospects") and a draft pick.

Sounds alright, hoping we get one of the Stars high-end prospects, but we really do need a defenseman.

I'll wait until it's finalized to get an opinion on this trade.

Three forwards (inculding "substantial prospects") and a draft pick.

Sounds alright, hoping we get one of the Stars high-end prospects, but we really do need a defenseman.

I'll wait until it's finalized to get an opinion on this trade.

Stars trade Alex Chiasson, Nick Paul, Alex Guptill and 2nd pick in 2015 for Jason Spezza and Ludvig Karlsson.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Chaisson and Guptill are good, picks alright. Not the worst we could have gotten in return by a long shot.

And the same guy who first reported that trade (Bruce Garrioch) said that the "Sens aren't done by a longshot. More trades coming today" Oh, great.

The Oilers are now in "We have to overpay average free agent players until we start winning and guys will willingly come here for market or less than market value" mode.

See: Columbus Wisniewski, James

PvO6ZWJ.png

Stastny to Blues. Oh god.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived