Free agent Frenzy 2014

DANGLES78

I appreciate seeing Edmonton building around possession; Pouliot, Purcell, and Fayne are all positive possession players. The Mark Fayne deal in particular is completely reasonable.

That said, G-ddamn, that Nikitin deal looks stupid when you see Ehrhoff's. Obviously it's not apples-to-apples, but the basic idea of Ehrhoff making less than effing Nikita Nikitin sounds poor.

--

Thanks, Rangers, for plugging Daniel Boyle.

David Bolland to Florida on a 5/$5.5m term - HAHAHA.

Annoyed that Bergevin's has been making good moves these last two days.

spacer.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always liked Bolland a lot, but that contract is indefensible. I just...why.

All this spending the Panthers are doing is going to look funny when the feds bust Viola for whatever it is he does that might be illegal.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Clayton Stoner to Anaheim 4 yrs 13 mil

Ummmmmmmmm, ok. Ducks are definitely going to trade a defenseman now. (Please be Bryan Allen. Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaassssseeeeeeee be Bryan Allen.)

Also, the jokes are already flying around the SoCal twitter verse. Personally, I demand Stoner wears the #20 and plays on a paring with Fowler. Just for fun.

----

HA! Panthers.

---

Ryan Miller is a Vancouver Canuck.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Not sure how that really helps the Canucks other than taking starts away from the execrable Jacob Markstrom. I thought he'd want to go to a contender.

Now that Ryan Miller is in Vancouver, where does Jonas Hiller go?

Most people thought that Miller was a lock to either go to San Jose or Anaheim (neither of which made sense), and Hiller was a lock for Vancouver. Now that throws a wrench, because Hiller isn't coming back to Anaheim and I doubt San Jose would sign him. Unless he goes to Calgary or Winnipeg (maybe Minnesota), I don't see him staying in the West. And with Miller's signing, Hiller might have to adjust his salary/contract demands, because that's right around what Hiller wanted. Depends on where you see Hiller in relation to Miller, I guess.

Now that Ryan Miller is in Vancouver, where does Jonas Hiller go?

Gotta be the Jets. They're the only team that hasn't addressed their goaltending situation, and theirs is the one that's really a situation.

Three forwards (inculding "substantial prospects") and a draft pick.

Sounds alright, hoping we get one of the Stars high-end prospects, but we really do need a defenseman.

I'll wait until it's finalized to get an opinion on this trade.

In 2013 Hockey Prospectus ranked Chiasson as the Stars' #7 prospect, Guptil #9, and didn't have Paul in the top 15. Not sure what is supposed to be substantial about that. Really wish they could've got one or two of Eakin/Ritchie/Faksa/Oleksiak. Dallas is really shaping up to be a great team. In one year Jim Nill has managed to bring in Seguin and Spezza. With Stastny leaving Colorado, the Stars probably have the 2nd best center depth in the division.

Matthieu Perreault, he'll be a good Jet too. Nice pick up for Winnipeg.

I guess Bob Murray thought that that was a little too pricy or that Rickard Rakell can take over the 3rd line center spot. I like the kid, and agree his skill set isn't a 4th line set, but we'll see.

Phoenix gave three years to Joe Vitale. Buh?

Obligatory: JOOOOOOE VITALE MEANS MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOOOOU, JOE VITALE TO EVERYONE, SIGNING HIM IS LOTS OF DUMB

Archived