Free agent Frenzy 2014

DANGLES78

Well all I can say as a Pens fan, is :censored: the new GM. He's made some pretty dumb ass decisions already, and I just know the pens are going to suck now.

Yeah, signing Christian Ehrhoff to a 1/$4M deal is really dumb. Like, I don't see how this decision doesn't blow up right in Pittsburgh's face.

At least he wasn't the dumbass signing Danny Tanner Glass or Deryk Engelland to three year deals when they were among the worst forwards in hockey last year. I'm no Jim Rutherford fan, but he's had worse days than today. Many worse days.

spacer.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolland goes from one of the highest income taxes in North America to not having to pay them at all. Going from somewhere cold as hell and spending your late 20's/early 30's in the sunshine state and getting paid bigtime to play for a team with zero expectations? Bolland's a happy guy right about now.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well all I can say as a Pens fan, is :censored: the new GM. He's made some pretty dumb ass decisions already, and I just know the pens are going to suck now.

Trade ya Greening for Crosby, help you out with the McDavid sweepstakes.
Nope, Jarred Boll for Crosby. #thankyouverymuch

That's what- She

Bolland goes from one of the highest income taxes in North America to not having to pay them at all.

Unless he lived somewhere besides Illinois, this is not the case. Illinois has a flat tax, which means he paid less than just about any other state by Illinois, including glorious "low tax" Wisconsin and Indiana.

The tax hike sunsets at the end of the year anyway.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He was in Toronto last.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

He was in Toronto last.

That's what I get for just glancing at wikipedia. My bad.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Not gonna lie- I want to get excited and intrigued over all this stuff, but I just can't.

I feel like the Kings sucked the intrigue out of hockey-

Welp, you heard it here first folks. The Kings are now the undisputed champions for the rest of time as we know it.

IbjBaeE.png

How is this a good day for Edmonton? Their only move was overplaying Ben Pouliot. They didn't shore up their D (but if it took 7 years and 40 mil for Niskanen, I'd rather not) and didn't pick up a guy to play 2nd/3rd line Centre in case Leon Draisaitl isn't ready or can't perform.

They also signed Mark Fayne.

Not gonna lie- I want to get excited and intrigued over all this stuff, but I just can't.

I feel like the Kings sucked the intrigue out of hockey-

Welp, you heard it here first folks. The Kings are now the undisputed champions for the rest of time as we know it.

Dynasty In The Makingâ„¢

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Yeah, but whether the Jackets have been in the West or the East, they've ended up dealing the Kings a game-changing player a couple months before they ended up winning the Cup. It's been pretty wonky to see play out the way it has.

Man, I was doing some capgeekery on the NY Rangers late last night, and I'm not sure how they're really supposed to be able to improve their product.

http://www.capgeek.com/rangers/armchair-gm/

They have about $14M to spend, but they have to address some internal matters first, which chiefly includes Derick Brassard and Mats Zuccarello getting new contracts. That's gonna chew up at least half that cap space right there. Chris Kreider also obviously has to be retained, although lower service time will keep his costs down a bit more. They have a relatively light prospect pool; J.T. Miller can essentially replace Brad Richards position at C, and I guess Dylan McIlrath will get a longer look next season, but whatever the case is, they really don't have any means to substantially improve their roster on the market (they didn't yesterday).

At least MSL is tentatively off the books at the end of the season, right?

spacer.png

The Blue Jackets lost Derek Mackenzie (great guy, but they'll find his 18 points elsewhere), Jack Skille, and Blake Comeau. I'm not really bummed out by losing any of those guys. It gives the 2013 first rounders a shot at the big club (Wennberg, Dano, Kerby Rychel) and maybe even superjunior Oliver Bjorkstrand.

The only thing I'm concerned about right now is working out a deal with Ryan Johansen. Nobody was foolish enough to offer him a sheet yesterday, but it still might happen this offseason.

PvO6ZWJ.png

How is this a good day for Edmonton? Their only move was overplaying Ben Pouliot. They didn't shore up their D (but if it took 7 years and 40 mil for Niskanen, I'd rather not) and didn't pick up a guy to play 2nd/3rd line Centre in case Leon Draisaitl isn't ready or can't perform.

They also signed Mark Fayne.

Hey, Devils fans, what are the Oilers getting in this guy?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

When was the last time one of these threads made it one page let alone five pages without a billion dollar flyers bonehead signing or big trade?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

When was the last time one of these threads made it one page let alone five pages without a billion dollar flyers bonehead signing or big trade?

If they hadn't made enough of them in the past to currently be over the cap I'm sure we'd have one.

If they hadn't made enough of them in the past to currently be over the cap I'm sure we'd have one.

They always find ways to do what they want despite the cap. I really think they're learning their lesson.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived