Pittsburgh Penguins (Bringing back 92-02 Logo)

ChrisRDigital

Pittsburgh Penguins: Fixing Up The Iconic 92-02 Logo

So I know there's probably tons of Penguins fans on this site, so this is definitely something you guys should be excited about. My personal favorite of all their logos was always the 1992-2002 geometric looking penguin. It stood out in the league, it was artistic but at the same time ready for competition, always stayed modern, and to me resembled a unique kind of shield with the triangle shape. That being said, I wanted to clean the head of the penguin up and give it a more modern aggressive edge. It's a sleeker and more fearless penguin to represent a great franchise. Majority of the logo set is done so here's a few samples to really give you an idea.

2YP3CH.png

ZghsJI.jpg1f4HfB.pngVMa6ip.png

I like it, but I would tilt the head up more to maybe about midway between where you have it now and where it was on the original, and also make the beak longer, because the head just looks a bit..off to me as it is.

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

very intimidating, way more so than the original... I almost feel like the lack of pupil helps portray it as an intimidating mascot as opposed to a lovable penguin... just me though. I would like to see if you continued the shading throughout though! could look really cool! regardless, great work! I think its an upgrade, especially the wordmarks.

spacer.png

This is very cool, a major upgrade to give the Penguins a fierce look.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Pittsburgh Penguins: Fixing Up The Iconic 92-02 Logo

So I know there's probably tons of Penguins fans on this site, so this is definitely something you guys should be excited about. My personal favorite of all their logos was always the 1992-2002 geometric looking penguin. It stood out in the league, it was artistic but at the same time ready for competition, always stayed modern, and to me resembled a unique kind of shield with the triangle shape. That being said, I wanted to clean the head of the penguin up and give it a more modern aggressive edge. It's a sleeker and more fearless penguin to represent a great franchise. Majority of the logo set is done so here's a few samples to really give you an idea.

2YP3CH.png

ZghsJI.jpg1f4HfB.pngVMa6ip.png

As a longtime Pens fan, I appreciate your effort, but the 91-02 logo seems to be ok as it is. The revised logo strikes me as being a little submissive, with the head pointed down. I get that impression more than a more aggressive or fierce look.

Archived