LAWeaver

6 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Habs- Chest stripes needs ta go. Looks too hokey, and yes, I know these are the Habs. It doesn't feel football, though.

disagree with you here. feels very northwestern football, works well here especially since its the habs.

have to change up Nashville, really not a fan of all those small stripes. maybe take some inspiration from navy lacrosse which has stripes like that to make it look cleaner.

really loving these concepts so far not much critique to give thats different than anyone else so I've been enjoying from the sidelines. well done so far.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well alrighty then! These are the types of things I was looking for. 

6 hours ago, hockeyny13 said:

have to change up Nashville, really not a fan of all those small stripes. maybe take some inspiration from navy lacrosse which has stripes like that to make it look cleaner.

Yeah, I was kinda iffy on the sleeve striping myself. I did something similar with my Yankees crossover in another thread but it didn't go over so well either. Guess I should've learned from that :P

I will look into the Navy style striping. I know they do that for football as well. 

11 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

I kinda love the Canadiens, especially the M.  Agree that the chest stripe should go all the way around, but it'll be difficult the way you have the back numbers currently.  For an alternate helmet, I'd love to see how/if Ken Dryden's mask design could be incorporated.

For the Kings, why not have both?  Let the Black and Silver be home, with the purple and gold be on the road (but gold as the jersey color, not purple).  I personally love it when teams have unique uniform concepts for specific situations.   

One thing I should've pointed out was that the set that isn't chosen will be used as an alternate. I don't like inconsistency, so I'm afraid I won't be using a different home and away, but I will most likely use it as an alternate.

12 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Habs- Chest stripes needs ta go. Looks too hokey, and yes, I know these are the Habs. It doesn't feel football, though.

Preds- Back to the drawing board here. You could've done so much here! This feels like a cop out. This is a team that deserves to be ultra-modern, IMO. Using the Piping from the set they have now.... and the thick pant stripe would've also been cool. You could've made the Preds ultra modern, but classy. Instead, it feels like they're trying way too hard to be a classic team.

Piping is a no-go for Nashville. While the Atlanta Falcons have used it fairly well for over a decade, it's becoming dated. I will look into the striping idea though. 

13 hours ago, mamiller99 said:

Eh, Jackets is missing something. Why not make the sleeves red? Right now, it seems a little plain

Red sleeves would look out of place. I can make the logo fully visible on the sleeves if that would help. The sublimated logo seemed pretty popular though. 

14 hours ago, timberwolf said:

Preds: Ehh. It's good, but there's some inconsistency. The small white lines of the shoulder don't blend well with the bold stripes on the helmet and pants. Maybe do what Syracuse does with small stripes...

image.thumb.jpeg.cba3f4f9ae8ca24a98bd3c4

(look closely at the numbers...)

Not too sure what you mean. Sublimating the stripes into the numbers wouldn't really make sense if they're already going through the center of them. Fading them into the sleeves would make even less sense. 

I think I might have an idea for Nashville.

Minnesota seems to be a done deal as well as the Black Kings set. The purple will be used in some way, probably being converted into a fauxback set. 

Funny how everyone wanted the chest stripe on my throwback White Sox crossover, but no one wants it for a team that's had it for what seems like forever. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

1 hour ago, timberwolf said:

I mean use the stripes like Syracuse. Not necessarily the sublimation, but use it to that extent. Sorry if I'm not being clear.

No no, you're fine. I'm glad you cleared that up. I'm not sure how that will look as the stripes are supposed to resemble the six strings on a guitar. Plus I don't think the fade was well received by some when they unveled their look. I'll look into it though.

28 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

All of these are good so far. Any chance at red pants for Montreal?

Probably not. If so, it'll be with the road jersey only. I couldn't imagine a team like Montreal going mono-red, but hey, the Chiefs did it!

22 minutes ago, TVIXX said:

i would go with purple and yellow for the kings,

how bout continuing the pants and helmet stripe to the jersey

The actual primary logo is meant to resemble a downward hanging banner, so flipping it around wouldn't make too much sense, but I'll look into it.

6 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I didn't necessarily mean Piping for Nashville, but rather I'd like a more modern set for the team. You know the top of the piping that looks like Smilodon teeth? That could be integrated into the design, for example. 

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. I know Washington, Oklahoma, and Arkansas have something like that but they're all on slightly older templates. I should be able to copy it though.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback. These are the types of comments I've been looking for. :)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Kings-Definitely silver and black, though the purple and gold would be an excellent throwback 

Canadiens-Love the stripe. Immediately thought of Northwestern when I saw it. I agree that I would like to see it extended on the back as well. I'd love to see you make an alternate based off of their beautiful Winter Classic set this year. 

Wild-Perfect. I wasn't a big fan of that number font on our original jerseys, but it works here. I'm glad you went green as the home jersey instead of red. I think a red alternate would look great, but I think green should be their regular home jersey. I hate the Christmas Sweater jerseys they currently wear.

Predators-I like everything except for the sleeve cap striping. I get where you were trying to go there, but I don't think having the six string stripes there is necessary. Maybe keep the cap blue but then put the Pick logo on the cap, similar to how Army West Point has their rank on the sleeves. 

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I appreciate it. It's been a crazy week and the rest of the month doesn't look to be any different. 

UPDATES:

LOS ANGELES KINGS:

QtOKWJk.png

9j46zLe.png

Simply fixed the random silver sock by making it black and added an away set.

MONTREAL CANADIENS:

krwzkVI.png

Zm0REwh.png

Moved the chest striping to the sleeves, although the uniform feels a little...naked. I also added a pair of red britches with the away jersey. 

NASHVILLE PREDATORS:

kezJpjy.png

IG4r4Lu.png

Went in an entirely new direction with these.

The helmet stripes are meant to represent claw marks/slashes yet still resemble the jersey and pants striping. 

The jersey striping is meant to be almost the same as these from Washington, these from Oklahoma, and more-so these from Arkansas.

The pants stripes are based off the jersey striping.

*Patiently awaits comparisons to the Denver Broncos*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW CONCEPTS!

NEW JERSEY DEVILS:

bwqHduV.png

gQ1Y2qT.png

Probably my 2nd favorite set in this series.

Satin black helmet featuring satin logos and striping, which is inspired by the tail in said logo. The tail striping is also on the pants as well.

Potential Alternate: Throwback.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS:

1cHWbrE.png

SRrBEYR.png

The primary logo has been changed and is now more of a combination between the actual Islanders NY logo and the NY Giants' logo.

The helmet is meant to represent the Giants helmet with the metallic finish. 

The striping pattern is lifted straight from the team's sweaters.

Potential Alternate: Brooklyn Blackout.

NEW YORK RANGERS:

jIavTAq.png

p2cbJj5.png

The goal here was to create a look that looks like it has been around for a good while.

The striping patterns are lifted straight from the team's sweaters.

The main change is the removal of the drop-shadow, which I'm not against bringing back. I just felt that it was a bit too much (not a fan of drop-shadows to begin with).

Potential Alternate: Either a Navy & Vintage white set or something with the Lady Liberty logo (or a combination of the two).

OTTAWA SENATORS:

AiTvtv2.png

8CePE9g.png

Aaaand I just realized i forgot the shiny effect on the pants. Great :/

The helmet and jersey striping patterns is based off of their absolutely stunning black alternates from several years ago.

Didn't put it on the pants because I felt that would be too much.

The Senator profile logo is featured throughout the uniform: The helmet, chest, and the side of the pants.

Potential Alternate: Black jersey, probably a throwback-ish, with barberpole elements involved. 

The last round of C+C was excellent. Let's keep it up from here on out! I really appreciate the constructive feedback :) 

Guest darkpiranha

All look great, especially the Sens.  I wouldn't have thought to go with a gold helmet, but it works.  On the Devils, did you try having horns on the front side of the helmet to complete what you started with the tail on the back?

Still prefer the Habs stripe to the update, but that's whatever. Really like the Preds update though. 

Devils- looks great. Love that helmet and the pants. 

Isles-not much I can criticize. I hope your Brooklyn Blackout is better than the bland ones that the Isles actually wear. 

Rangers-Obviously, they're a classic franchise and they require a classic look. That said, these seem a bit too plain to me. I'd be interested to see how the drop shadow looks, but I actually like the current numbers. Since "New York" or "Rangers" are so heavily featured on the front of their sweaters, maybe add script to the jersey (possibly in drop shadow) instead of the chest logo. Obviously, you wouldn't be able to go diagonal script here, but I think regular script across the chest might complete this set. 

Sens-Love everything except the gold helmet. I'm sort of conflicted about it. Part of me loves your emphasis on gold in this set. Part of me is kinda bugged by it because it reminds me of the 49ers. The gold helmet makes sense because the the Senator in the logo wears a gold helmet, but the team itself doesn't feature gold as heavily as they should. As for the alternate, I'd like to see your efforts with either their beautiful black alternate that they wear now or the cream colored set that they wore for the heritage classic a few years ago. 

Nashville update - love the new stuff, it looks much better.

Devils - love the stripes.

Islanders - not a fan of the asymmetrical helmet stripe, but it looks good everywhere else.

Rangers - perfect, not much I can really say about that.

Sens - I love the striping, and it would've wanted it on the pants (although on second thought that might look a tad bit ridiculous). I think there's not enough black though, the problem is I can't think of anywhere specifically to put it.

Minor tweek to the 'Hawks set. Make the center stripe the same width as the other two, rather than Northwestern striping. It would match 'Hawks current striping and allude to the Bears. Other minor nitpick, if you go with a black set of pants, say for the away set, use the same pattern as on the breezers (white-red-white). It has the convenience of lining up with the white jersey. 

All the updated looks work for me, and are perfect now in my mind. Adore the new Nashville set. Feels very modern, but also feels like a classy modern look.

Jersey: I agree this set is really nice! The pant stripe, the jerseys, everything is very nice. It feels Eagles/Old Bucs inspired, and I love elements of both of those sets.

Islanders: Only thing I don't like is the helmet stripe along with @ahowe6464. Sorry.

Rangers: Can I say that I'd like to see Lady Liberty as a alternate? I like the set now, it's simple and classy.... but I'd enjoy a set of redf pants based off their actual hockey pants.... for fun!

Sens- Jerseys are perfect. I personally don't like the helmet though. It's too much for me and I'd like to see it without the helmet stripe. Also, Peace Tower logo somewhere. On the front, the pants, wherever. That logo deserves to be used, IMO.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

UPDATES:

(Devils were well received, so no update is needed. A horned helmet may come with the throwback, but no promises).

NEW YORK ISLANDERS:

8SYbNoh.png

zbM5g6v.png

9A1KstM.png

Simply removed the helmet stripe as that seemed to be the only complaint. I also added the primary logo. 

NEW YORK RANGERS:

e54FNEc.png

hO4jNhk.png

I figured something was missing and gosh darn it it was the drop shadows. I removed them at first but now I'm wondering why I even did that. 

OTTAWA SENATORS:

oHodT0Q.png

hrR1r2b.png

Pretty much made anything that could be shiny... shiny.

I thickened the black stripe on the pants and jersey striping.

I removed the helmet stripe, but I'm on the fence as I could go either way between having the helmet stripe and not having it. 

--------------------------------

NEW CONCEPTS! This will be my last set of 4 teams; the last 6 teams will be released in sets of 3.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS:

5omwqGn.png

17rxjop.png

Those of you who have been waiting for a team with Titans-style jersey striping, well... here ya go.

I felt like the Flyers should be the team to have the striping as it has been a key part of their uniforms for going on 50 years.

One thing I may do is add some black in the helmet and pants striping. to balance everything out.

Potential Alternate: I absolutely love their current orange alt, so look for that to be here.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS:

O4BlCny.png

atSUqmN.png

Robo-penguin is back as he works better as a football logo than his skating cousin.

Unpopular opinion: I like that Pittsburgh uses Vegas Gold. It helps separate them from Boston.

The striping is inspired by their Pre-Edge uniforms

Potential Alternate: either a throwback to their black and yellow days or to their double blue days. 

SAN JOSE SHARKS:

VKfYANM.png

QEbS81W.png

8dxUSqk.png

Minnesota's my favorite, but this Sharks crossover and New Jersey give them a run for their money as being the top team. 

Completely modernized the logo from the shark itself to the triangle it somehow emerges from.

Orange makes a return in the striping pattern and the sleeves. 

Speaking of the sleeves, I drew inspiration from the team's alternate logo.

Potential Alternate: Black uniform or a throwback.

ST. LOUIS BLUES:

naTVs2g.png

c1tar25.png

This was a tough one as it was hard to determine which blue to prioritize and where to emphasize it. 

Don't worry about the logo being visible on this template; it's on the other side. With it being a music note, you can't really flip it, so the unbalanced helmet would be used here.

Up Next: Florida, Tampa Bay, & Toronto! Please feel free to leave some C&C! :)

Archived