Future Premier League Project - 20/20 - Aston Villa

Berlin Wall

After my design projects for the Bundesliga, MLS and BeNe League, I always thought about doing a Premier League one, too. I'm a fan of the soccer culture, the English leagues and I even like the Three Lions (my profile pic is Beckham btw). So, what will I do?

I will basically create a home, a clash and for some teams also a third jersey for every team of a future Premier League. For some teams I will also do a logo update.

My future league takes place about 5-10 years from now on, so there will be some teams in the league you may not expect. I chose the 20 teams from their current situation, tradition, team colours and personal preference. I also updated the PL badge on the sleeves and worked with a new league wide font without any colour limitations.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let's just start with the first team.

1/20

2rqn036.jpg

West Ham United

The first club is West Ham. They are one of around four clubs from London, that without a doubt belong to the Premier League. I'm really looking forward for their development in the new stadium. Unfortunately, they created an ugly crest to celebrate that. So, I worked on a new crest based on the logo they used until last season. I eliminated gold and white and focused on the hammers.

For the uniforms I stayed with Umbro as their supplier and just created some classic West Ham kits.

n228a1.jpg

scxoah.jpg

sl1btz.jpg

And, like in my old projects, I will update this map after every team I posted. 1/20 is done.

34e6zv4.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Thank y'all for the feedback. I have some good news. I decided to do full three kits for every team and I've added the third kit for West Ham above.

3 hours ago, jay_fs_designs said:

Nice idea and a good start. But it'd be nice to now the exact season... The WHU away kit also looks very familiar to me. You should make sure the kits stand out from the current sets. But I'm defo looking forward to see more ?

Let's just say 2024, because of the number. The reason why the WHU kit looks familiar is because this is their classic look. White with sky blue shorts and socks is just the regular away look for them. As a third I added a dark blue kit, also a colour that they often use for their away uniforms.

But I can say, for the next team the home uniform will highly differ from what they wear now and over the last few years.

2/20

4voml1.jpg

Watford FC

The next club is Watford. As a club itself, they don't even belong to the Premier League for me. There are many other clubs with a bigger PL tradition than Watford. But there is something about their identity and their colour scheme that I really like. I just want to see them in the Prem because they are like a little spot of colour in the league and their identity is so unique. One thing I love is when Watford wears red shorts and socks to their classic yellow home shirt. So the kit I created is like a re-interpretation of the uniforms they wore in the 70s and 80s. They should just have yellow and red as their primary colours, and black just as an accent colour. I hate that they basically didn't use red at all over the last few years.

The clash jerseys are modern this time. The black kit is a nod to their home kit from the early 90s.

za0j9.jpg

21luxxz.jpg

11gsjgp.jpg

deuqz8.jpg

5 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

2/20

4voml1.jpg

Watford FC

The next club is Watford. As a club itself, they don't even belong to the Premier League for me. There are many other clubs with a bigger PL tradition than Watford. But there is something about their identity and their colour scheme that I really like. I just want to see them in the Prem because they are like a little spot of colour in the league and their identity is so unique. One thing I love is when Watford wears red shorts and socks to their classic yellow home shirt. So the kit I created is like a re-interpretation of the uniforms they wore in the 70s and 80s. They should just have yellow and red as their primary colours, and black just as an accent colour. I hate that they basically didn't use red at all over the last few years.

The clash jerseys are modern this time. The black kit is a nod to their home kit from the early 90s.

za0j9.jpg

21luxxz.jpg

11gsjgp.jpg

deuqz8.jpg

Awesome! I love this set. Also looks more like 2024 than the first set. I hope you have my beloved Newcastle United in there. Where did you get the template from? I really like the presentation

On West Ham, I'm kind of missing the gold a bit. It could be worked in as a trim on the crest or somewhere fairly minor. I like the different permutations and combinations of the crest, like how the shield itself is taken out, leaving just the hammers, on the home kit. The crest on the back of the collar on the home kit, though — I don't think I've ever seen a crest printed on a folded-over polo-style collar like that before. It could work, but it might work better to move it down to the actual shirt, just above the name. Love the shade of blue for the clash kit, though.

For Watford, I'm disappointed you didn't touch the crest at all. Even just updating the font to something a little more modern and fixing the unnecessary capitalization would have been big improvements. I'm digging the inclusion of more red overall and the pattern on the away kit.

For the project overall, though, I really don't like the name/number font. It's just really bland, even with the little notches. You could do something a lot more interesting there.

Thank you guys for the comments. I actually really like Watfords logo. Even the capitalized W. That's why I didn't touch it. Nonetheless, here's the next club.

3/20

2rgesxx.jpg

Chelsea FC

No explanations needed here why I chose them for my future PL. I slightly simplified the crest. I eliminated gold and most of the red to make it look cleaner. For the kits, I always liked them the most when they used slight touches of gold on the home kit. So I created a modern home kit with two tones of blue and a bit of gold. For the clash kits I went full retro this time.

10xy001.jpg

67ml2d.jpg

2md2hb9.jpg

2q9beoy.jpg

Thanks. Here's the first team that doesn't play in the PL right now.

4/20

nmb02w.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday

They are one of two clubs from my project, that I never actually experienced playing in the Premier League, but still would be part of it if I could choose. Why? Because I'm aware of their huge tradition, their stadium and their fan-culture. And I always liked their identity as kind of a blue version of all these clubs like Sunderland, Southampton, Sheffield United and so on.

I'm really happy they changed to their old logo now, as their former logo looked very 'dated'. I just updated the colours a bit to make it look fresh and modern. I went with Admiral as their kit supplier, because I really want Admiral to make a step back into higher levels of soccer. I thought Wednesday would be a perfect club for it.

j6l9qv.jpg

23ijiph.jpg

jto50g.jpg

2m44rit.jpg

1 hour ago, Berlin Wall said:

Thanks. Here's the first team that doesn't play in the PL right now.

4/20

nmb02w.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday

They are one of two clubs from my project, that I never actually experienced playing in the Premier League, but still would be part of it if I could choose. Why? Because I'm aware of their huge tradition, their stadium and their fan-culture. And I always liked their identity as kind of a blue version of all these clubs like Sunderland, Southampton, Sheffield United and so on.

I'm really happy they changed to their old logo now, as their former logo looked very 'dated'. I just updated the colours a bit to make it look fresh and modern. I went with Admiral as their kit supplier, because I really want Admiral to make a step back into higher levels of soccer. I thought Wednesday would be a perfect club for it.

j6l9qv.jpg

23ijiph.jpg

jto50g.jpg

2m44rit.jpg

Simple and effective, I love it!

Bonus points for choosing Admiral. :)

Archived