Professional Dodgeball Coalition 2.0

Windell918

Guest darkpiranha

Surge is amazing.  

You may have addressed this earlier, but how about showing us what the old logos looked like?  Sure, we can go back and hunt them down, but I'd love a basic side-by-side comparison.  

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, chrisCLEMENT said:

I prefer the sleeved jerseys from the previous PDC, then the more basketball style jerseys you have now! Nice stuff overall though! 

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Also it seems like the player names and numbers aren't quite centered on some of these, especially on the Surge jersey.

Everything else is pretty good though!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

On June 30, 2016 at 8:28 PM, chrisCLEMENT said:

I prefer the sleeved jerseys from the previous PDC, then the more basketball style jerseys you have now! Nice stuff overall though! 

22 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Also it seems like the player names and numbers aren't quite centered on some of these, especially on the Surge jersey.

Everything else is pretty good though!

22 hours ago, ujju2 said:

Looks amazing! Although I have to agree, I personally preferred the sleeved jerseys. These are definitely more realistic though. Nice work!

I guess i can understand this. More design real estate and such. I just really felt sleeveless would be more likely for dodgeball. Less baggy which would make the referees jobs easier and less cumbersome for throwing. It was actually one of the primary reasons I decided to do this project. I want to give in to this request but at this point that would mean starting over in so many ways. I will make one change how ever...

On June 28, 2016 at 0:27 PM, Uglybus said:

I don't like the templated teams. You have such a great design ability, so it sucks to see you make bland uniforms. 

I know I quoted this before. Frankly Ive just changed my mind. I like making the jerseys more than anything else and I can put together 15 more. Ill have to delay Orlando a bit and use some of tomorrow to work on some. But the courts are staying as are. 

So heres the first example (only one I have so far): 

Chill-Jersey.jpg

22 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Surge is amazing.  

You may have addressed this earlier, but how about showing us what the old logos looked like?  Sure, we can go back and hunt them down, but I'd love a basic side-by-side comparison.  

Thanks Fish. Im not sure exactly how I would do this with some teams coming from various old identities rolled into one, but I can redirect you to the flickr page to see the originals. http://www.flickr.com/photos/27705980@N03/

Since the PDRL is being reworked and Orlando was scheduled for today (not done) Im going to bump the next team up a slot. So heres the Fargo Flickertails

Flickertails-Logo.jpg

One of my favorite primary I have made. Has a scrappy smirk with a dirty bold color scheme. I redid the word mark do clear up some reading issues. (don't want LI to equal U any more)Flickertails-Jersey.jpg

This scheme is admittedly ugly together. It works; the contrast is fine, but it just "christmas sweater" ugly. But i can see a city with no major sports teams really embracing it. I imagine this team to be borderline dirty and tough. I feel this look would work for just that. The pattern on the back and such comes for the fur pattern of a flickertail.

Flickertails-Gear.jpg

Furthering the scrappiness I went with the Tagline "DAK RATS" Dak meaning Dakota. But rats expressing the vile side of the club. Sure a flickertail is squirrel but any nasty little rodent could be a rat right??.

Flickertails-Court.jpg

And the court has the same pattern as the jerseys. 

And **bonus** heres the look for the Norfolk Fleet Jerseys

Fleet-Jersey.jpg

Went with a watery sublimation on the homes with a more retro look for the clash. I did a similar look with the alternate last time through. Kind of a Naval nod. 

Up next it will either be Orlando or a set of Gemini Snakes

Creative Constructive Critiques Always Enjoyed.  

I'm really glad you decided to change the PDRL jerseys. The Montreal one is already miles better. Both Tampa teams are great and I'm really glad you replaced red in the Surge logo. It looks a lot better without it. The uniforms are great too. Fargo looks really good too. I especially like the uniforms. Norfolk looks good too, except for the fact that the Columbus logo is off center on the patch. Good work!

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

17 minutes ago, Jabel777 said:

I'm really glad you decided to change the PDRL jerseys. The Montreal one is already miles better. Both Tampa teams are great and I'm really glad you replaced red in the Surge logo. It looks a lot better without it. The uniforms are great too. Fargo looks really good too. I especially like the uniforms. Norfolk looks good too, except for the fact that the Columbus logo is off center on the patch. Good work!

Fixed that good catch.

Up next a top concept from last season moving to a new home.

Serpents-Logo.jpg

Moving to Minneapolis (one of the Twin cites) seemed like a good fit for the twin serpents. 

Serpents-Jersey.jpg

A lot of similar elements from the first go round. 

Serpents-Gear.jpg

Twinning is a the underlying theme from this set. There for two is better.Serpents-Court.jpg

Hope ya like this set. Hopefully up next will be me catching up on the PDRL.

Yes! Stockholm was my favorite set from the first go 'round, and I'm ecstatic that it survived the cut. I think, for the stripes, you should make the "off color" stripes one shade darker than normal instead of one shade lighter.

Just a quick question: why did you give a small city like Fargo a team in the PDC over cities like Charlotte, Salt Lake City, and Albuquerque, among others?

By the way, the Twin City Serpents look really good, as Stockholm was a personal favorite of mine from the last go around.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

1 hour ago, jmoe12 said:

Yes! Stockholm was my favorite set from the first go 'round, and I'm ecstatic that it survived the cut. I think, for the stripes, you should make the "off color" stripes one shade darker than normal instead of one shade lighter.

Going darker on the yellow set makes it lose the some contrast on the brown. I would have preferred going darker on the brown set for the same reason but doing so makes it almost black. There is enough black jerseys already in the league. 

5 minutes ago, Jabel777 said:

Just a quick question: why did you give a small city like Fargo a team in the PDC over cities like Charlotte, Salt Lake City, and Albuquerque, among others?

By the way, the Twin City Serpents look really good, as Stockholm was a personal favorite of mine from the last go around.

Ive always had a problem with the big market small market deal. If we were honest we should have 10 teams in new york, 10 in Chicago, and 10 in LA. I tried to distribute the cites by geographical size and market size across all three leagues. So Salt Lake City is bigger than Fargo but gets a PDRL instead of PDC. I know it doesn't make since completely but I felt if we but all the tier one teams in tier one cities then smaller markets may care less about the PDC and vice versa. Id love to say there was an algorithm I used but I just gave it the eye ball test and tried to space it out. The end all be all was I loved the fargo logo and name and I wanted it in the top tier. That brand wouldn't have worked anywhere outside the flicker tail state.

Sorry for the delay today guys. Started some home renovations today so I couldn't post this morning but straight from Iceland here is the Orlando Oracles!

Oracles-Logos.jpg

Magic city got hold of one of my favorite secondaries to use as their primary. 

Oracles-Jersey.jpg

Glad you guys talked me in to making full jersey sets for them. This one was fun.

Oracles-Gear.jpg

Probably my favorite "mittens" in the league with this logo.

Oracles-Court.jpg

There you have it. Off to paint or something. Hay, which team will be next!?!

Love the Oracles, though I'm disappointed to see another stellar primary fall by the wayside. I know it's for consistency, but the peach outline on the clash numbers is really hard to see. Are we headed to Iowa next?

Kinda disappointed that you didn't stick with the Orlando command However that doesn't take anything away from the design quality which is stellar. Also Orlando as a city in my personal opinion should be in the main leauge, but at the same time it fits in the d Leauge here (not based on your design quality I mean based on the solar bears being in the ECHL). And message to some sporting head honcho. MAKE THIS A REALITY, ESPECIALLY WITH THESE DESIGNS WE NEED TO HAVE A LITTLE MORE EXCITEMENT BESIDES (no offense) PEOPLE HITTING A BALL INTO A HOLE (golf) FOR 3 :censored:ing DAYS.

And also I take it the HAY thing was a clue to who we see next

Archived