NHL by Adidas - Predictions and Wish List (Final teams added! - MTL/BUF/VAN)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5) New York Rangers

Prediction: Nothing too crazy changed, added the New York script to the road

NYRFULLx_zpsqjrep0ri.png

Wish List: make the striping more consistent across both sets (as well as the general templates). Also, I wouldn't mind if they added a patch with their primary mark on the shoulders

NYRFULL_zpsltux97my.png

6) Philadelphia Flyers

Prediction: Personally I really like the premise of their 50th anniversary unis, and I could see them going with those full time (albeit minus the gold)

PHIFULLx_zpssw7vjnao.png

Wish List: combine retro and early-2000's look. Also get rid of those gaudy-looking nameplates

PHIFULL_zpsyrfsatzx.png

New Jersey and Pittsburgh are next

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Hard to comment on this series without sounding like a gushing groupie.  The wishlist version of the Flyers is perfection and I've always thought the Rangers shoulder adapt their primary logo as a shoulder patch in some capacity.  Can't wait to see what you do for the Stars, Canucks and Flames.  Keep up the great work!

34 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Hard to comment on this series without sounding like a gushing groupie. 

True, true.

WSH: If this ends up happening, I hope the front logo will be swapped out with either the Weagle or modern script. That being said, it looks nice adidas-ified. For your wishlist, I agree that the WC logo has a place in their set, but not as primary. I also don't like how the striping pattern translates on the home jersey, and it is a bit too over-used...

TBL: Your prediction probably won't happen, but it looks nice. You knocked it out of the park with your wishlist (I prefer their current logo but the one you chose goes better with the set). The alternate throws back and connects with the main set, nice work.

CBJ: On your prediction, the thickened waist stripes really help. Not a bad set at all.  You nailed it with your wishlist though (happy to see that my mismatching striping could inspire a set like this)! The extra also looks great (might want to fix the stray grey swoop on one of the arm stripes) and the logo brings it over the top.

FLA: For your wishlist concept, I like the away better solely for the blue treatment. I think the home would look better if you'd switch the white and blue on the arm stripes. Looks great, but I like their current set better.

NYR: Both sets are lateral moves, though I've always thought the Rangers look good with shoulder patches.

PHI: I'd never realized how insanely good the Flyers' 50th jersey would look as a set (your great presentation doesn't hurt). Your wishlist version isn't better or worse than their current set, though it obviously looks great!

Overall, your collar treatments look amazing: I hope that's what adidas does, and the placement of the 100th patch looks miles better than that of the NHL. Incredible presentation as always.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

7) Pittsburgh Penguins

Prediction: They just unveiled a new set this year, so I don't forsee any changes next year

PITFULLx_zpsojzpuqcs.png

Wish List: my only gripe with their new set is how inconsistent the striping is between the home and road, so I fixed that issue and added some shoulder patches

PITFULL_zpsg47g3qvv.png

8) New Jersey Devils

Prediction/Wish List: since we don't really know much about what the Devils are unveiling next year, I'll combine my prediction and wish list

NJDFULL_zpsgixtcege.png

11 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

also, where do you get your templates from? They look really nice. 

Thanks! I drew/traced them all in Illustrator

2LYbxnm.png

PIT: Both look great, though I'd think the patches would be on the prediction. A fix for the inconsistent striping would be to just recopy the arm striping on the current home to the hem.

NJ: I'd love the jersey as a set, but I'd swap the two logos (Chris Smith of Icethetics has said that only a new shoulder patch would be added logo-wise) I also love the collar treatment!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

9 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

my only issue with the pens is the white socks. they look exactly like the bruins' socks. you should switch the colors around on the so you only have 1 yellow stripe surrounded by two black ones. like how they used to have it in the jagr era. 

Thanks for the feedback, I'll go back and swap the black and yellow on the Pens road socks. 

On a a side note, they're not the same as the Bruins' socks 

IMG_6505.PNG

2LYbxnm.png

On 1/14/2017 at 11:51 AM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

5) New York Rangers

Prediction: Nothing too crazy changed, added the New York script to the road

NYRFULLx_zpsqjrep0ri.png

Wish List: make the striping more consistent across both sets (as well as the general templates). Also, I wouldn't mind if they added a patch with their primary mark on the shoulders

NYRFULL_zpsltux97my.png

Rangers are nearly perfect. 1. no patch unless it on the alt or it's anniversary patch... 2. NHL 100th patch should not be on the front of the jersey...it's too squished so personally I believe it should be on the shoulder

2 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

Rangers are nearly perfect. 1. no patch unless it on the alt or it's anniversary patch... 2. NHL 100th patch should not be on the front of the jersey...it's too squished so personally I believe it should be on the shoulder

Thanks for the feedback! I get what you're saying with the NHL100 patch, but I'm going to be placing it on the same spot on every team's unis in this series - sort of like a league-wide NHL mandate, which there is precedent for from the 1999-2000 season (http://nhluniforms.com/1999-2000/1999-2000.html)

2LYbxnm.png

30 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Thanks for the feedback! I get what you're saying with the NHL100 patch, but I'm going to be placing it on the same spot on every team's unis in this series - sort of like a league-wide NHL mandate, which there is precedent for from the 1999-2000 season (http://nhluniforms.com/1999-2000/1999-2000.html)

Fair enough, though the year 2000 patch seems to have a little bit more space between the "R" and the shoulders...also I'm guessing the Fishlanders  are next.

6 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

Fair enough, though the year 2000 patch seems to have a little bit more space between the "R" and the shoulders...also I'm guessing the Fishlanders  are next.

Haha I actually haven't finished the Islanders yet, there's no real order to which teams I'll be posting next. I think it'll be Colorado and Carolina next

2LYbxnm.png

Archived