NHL by Adidas - Predictions and Wish List (Final teams added! - MTL/BUF/VAN)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You knock it out of the park again. This series looks great so far & I've liked every jersey made. My fave is your wishlist Minnesota home. That jersey would  be a best seller. I'll agree that the riad needs a smidgen of red due to the pants & home jersey. 

Hoping to see more.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Thank you everyone for all of the constructive feedback so far! 

13) St. Louis Blues

Prediction: Their close is so close to being perfect (if only they would fix the blank space between the striping), and I don't see them making any major changes

STLFULLx_zps7ua9wder.png

Wish List: I love the overall look of their Winter Classic unis, so this is sort of based off that idea. I'm also a big fan of minimizing the navy.

STLFULL_zpsubvl1try.png

14) Winnipeg Jets

Prediction: only going to put a prediction for the Jets, their Heritage Classic unis were a huge hit and it seems like a good opportunity for them to promote these beauts

WPGFULL_zpsuvjstryy.png

15) Edmonton Oilers

Prediction: also only going to put a prediction for the Oilers, as we already know their orange unis are going full-time status. I could see them making small changes to the road (matching the collar and putting the TV numbers on the shoulders)

EDMfull_zpsf4ldgtxv.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

On 1/12/2017 at 5:00 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

4) Columbus Blue Jackets

Prediction: While many prefer the cannon-third jerseys, I don't think there will be major changes to the Jackets' unis.

CBJFULLexp_zpspol1iqoc.png

Wish List: They've had basically the same look for years, it feels like a good time to switch things up a bit and form a new identity with their young, talented roster.

CBJFULL1_zpsrvgk9elf.png

5) Florida Panthers

Prediction: They literally just unveiled new uniforms this year. Doubt there will be any significant changes.

FLAxfull_zpsdhocbui5.png

Wish List: Not enough blue (imo), plus I love their new leaping panther logo

FLAfull_zpsfa7ksnm9.png

Rangers and Flyers will be next!

It's absurd how good that new leaping panther looks on a jersey. I wish they'd gone with this. 

STL: Prediction looks nice, and I like the inspiration for the second set. I'd change the shoulder patch, though.

WPG: The only thing that I'm not a fan of in this set is the logo. It's too simple for my taste.

EDM: I'd only change the away jersey to a modernized WHA jersey.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I know I'm a little late for Minnesota, but I'd love to see the script stay somewhere in the set. The helmet is a fantastic spot. I also can't see them ditching it, at least on the dark helmet so...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 1/13/2017 at 1:00 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

CBJFULL2_zpstxu7tm8m.png

That home one is possibly the best alternate/outdoor game option I've ever seen, for Columbus. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I like the idea with Winnipeg, although the logo is pretty implausible in my opinion. I would switch it to the current logo and also change the font which is really weird.

As for the Oilers, maybe try using two-layer numbers like the homes on the away?

Finally for the Blues, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see their Winter Classics become the main logo considering how popular they are.

St. Louis:

I love the new St. Louis set, something I've never really seen done to them. I'd switch the outer outline of the logo on the home to white though, I'd even just have 2 thicker outlines on the logo, inner being yellow and outer being white (home) / navy (away).

Winnipeg:

With Winnipeg, I get it, but I hate the idea of another red and blue team. The really logo is a much better fit too, that rejuvenated logo looks to bare. And if you compare the Jets and Jackets, they have basically the same striping pattern and color scheme. 

Edmonton:

One thing I've always hated about the Oilers alternate (new home) is the blue and white outline NOB. It's quite difficult to distinguish from afar without a thick outline. I think you did a pretty good job making it more distinguishable by making the letters thicker themselves, but I think they should just go with white considering that's how they were originally on that jersey. The away looks solid with the flipped orange and blue and honestly surprised me how much more I like it over their current away.

Columbus:

As a fan, I love the set. However, I'm not a fan of the number font. It may just be how large the numbers are on the jersey, but they look to bulky. They're also too retro for such a modern jersey. The NOB font is great but I think it should be mixed with a more modern military font. If you're gonna go with the alternate color scheme, get rid of the off-white please. I hate the look of it on a primary set if it was originally intended as a throwback nod (fine in Minny's case). White would look nicer imo anyway.

New Jersey:

Just beautiful. I just did an alternate very similar to this and I fell dirty...

Colorado:

As much of a hater I am of that jersey, I love the away. But the lighter blue doesn't really work with me. The navy compliments the silver and maroon so well and the lighter blue, not so much.

Dallas:

I get the need to be continuous for the number outline, but on the home it looks like there's some trickery being played on my eyes. The set has an Arizona-style to it as the arms and hems stay the same throughout the jersey and you're simply changing the base color. On the away it would make sense to have the double outline in the numbers seeing as how black and green do not touch on the jersey. However, on the home they do, so a single black outline would suffice, same with on shoulder numbers (the outline being green).

I have to add that these are all great without any of these nitpicks. Surprisingly, my favorite is the Tampa prediction set. I don't know what it is, considering how passive I've been about Columbus' uniforms, but that get up really works for the Lightning. 

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Thanks everyone for the great feedback! Maybe once I'm done with this series and have some time I'll go back and make some edits

Only one team for today....

16) Toronto Maple Leafs

Prediction: In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if they unveil a new look for next season considering when they rolled this year's unis out, they were labeled the "100th anniversary uniforms". But nevertheless, I don't see Lou being THAT bold and giving the go-ahead to release a new set of unis in back to back years...

TORFX_zpsfg08eplf.png

Wish List: Inspired by the leaked (and unused) Toronto Arenas jersey that can be seen in ACC. 

TORF_zpswvmmalf9.png

2LYbxnm.png

17) Chicago Blackhawks

Prediction: don't see any major changes happening with their unis

CHIFx_zpsifydvtv6.png

Wish List: I do, however, hope that they add the collar from the WC jersey and red C patches to the roads...

CHIF_zps7nxzjktt.png

18) Anaheim Ducks

Prediction: What's not to love about their orange alternates? I could see them promoting their alts and unveiling a matching white (which coincidentally is in my wish list)

ANAF_zpszq11rnmw.png

2LYbxnm.png

Archived