Some Reddit updates:

- 76ers want to sign FAs on 1-year deals. Maybe Redick is a max player for one season?

- Hayward's decision to sign in Utah may hinge on the Jazz re-signing George Hill

- Calipari is/isn't joining the Knicks (lol)

- Melo could be bought out and join the Cavs or traded to the Rockets (though the Rockets don't have much to give)

- Paul George still saying he plans to sign in LA next year

Of course, all of this could be BS. Tomorrow will be exciting!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Some Reddit updates:

- 76ers want to sign FAs on 1-year deals. Maybe Redick is a max player for one season?

- Hayward's decision to sign in Utah may hinge on the Jazz re-signing George Hill

- Calipari is/isn't joining the Knicks (lol)

- Melo could be bought out and join the Cavs or traded to the Rockets (though the Rockets don't have much to give)

- Paul George still saying he plans to sign in LA next year

Of course, all of this could be BS. Tomorrow will be exciting!

Redick is 33, even a max contract of 35% of a $99M cap for one year is a bit risky.

Hayward meets with the Jazz last. MIA and BOS go first. 

Lowry may not happen for Jazz if this is:

Ricky Rubio reportedly traded to Jazz

I really like the deal, as I've always liked Rubio a lot. And he's still quite young for being a veteran also. It is interesting however in that I'm not sure what this says about Hill, which means I'm not sure what this will mean for Hayward.

Overall, I'm half excited and half terribly nervous.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I really like the deal, as I've always liked Rubio a lot. It is interesting however in that I'm not sure what this says about Hill, which means I'm not sure what this will mean for Hayward.

Why are the Wolves doing this? If this is to get Derrick Rose.... that'll be a failure entirely. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

10 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Why are the Wolves doing this? If this is to get Derrick Rose.... that'll be a failure entirely. 

It is absolutely to get Derrick Rose.  I liked the Butler move.  This is going to terrible.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

30 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I really like the deal, as I've always liked Rubio a lot. And he's still quite young for being a veteran also. It is interesting however in that I'm not sure what this says about Hill, which means I'm not sure what this will mean for Hayward.

It means the Jazz (correctly) think George Hill is an off-injured, mediocre PG at best who will command more $$$ in the next six hours than the $14.1M and 14.8M left on Rubio's two years.

15 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

It means the Jazz (correctly) think George Hill is an off-injured, mediocre PG at best who will command more $$$ in the next six hours than the $14.1M and 14.8M left on Rubio's two years.

I'm in agreement with you there for the most part (though I think he was a bit better than mediocre, I'd say "good if healthy"), and I'm not concerned with whether or not we keep him, especially now. What I'm concerned about is that apparently keeping Hill was, for some reason, something reportedly Hayward wanted the Jazz to do.

If i'm Hayward, I'd be happy with the Jazz obtaining a more affordable PG that is a terrific passer with a low turnover rate and plays good defense, and this move would be a plus to me. But I'm not Hayward, and I don't know what this means to him. 

The Jazz are in a tough position where there's some win and some loss, to some different extents, with every move they could make when your top priority is Hayward. Keeping Hill may make Hayward happy, but you're spending much more than you should to do it. This Rubio trade is more affordable and gives you a solid PG who is a great playmaker and defender, but it's a mystery as to whether this helps keep Hayward. 

All I know and can say for certain right now is that I feel we upgraded at point guard.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Well, the Blazers flushed away more of Paul Allen's money.

Festus Ezeli signed a two year/$15M contract last June and will be waived if he isn't part of a trade before midnight.

Games played: 0

Luckily, only $1M is guaranteed for the 2017-18 season, but that cap and roster is still a mess and still #1 in salary committed.

Andre Iguodola is meeting with the Spurs at midnight tonight. Maybe he can light a fire under Aldrige's ass.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

41 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Andre Iguodola is meeting with the Spurs at midnight tonight. Maybe he can light a fire under Aldrige's ass.

The other Aldridge (TNT's David) is reporting Iguodala will also meet with I Kings tonight.

They definitely need an adult in the room to replace the team killer Rudy Gay, plus Andre will still have some Silicon Valley connections with Vivek.

From the "Out of Nowhere" files (if true)...

20170630_205417.png.dd7a6d381c205ef467d326cd3c541d38.png

Apparently Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis are headed the other way in the exchange....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well, I was just about to post this: https://theringer.com/2017-nba-free-agency-11-step-guide-to-fixing-los-angeles-clippers-steve-ballmer-lebron-james-5be49018c062

Bill Simmons' prescription for saving the Clippers started with letting Blake go. They really should have.

The neat piece, however, was moving Jamal Crawford and Patrick Beverly for Jahlil Okafor in a salary dump to clear space for LeBron and the banana boat crew (sans Paul, I guess). I like that way more for Philly than I do LA, and it makes no sense if you're keeping Blake.

But there's no way having just Blake at that contract is a good deal. What a shame.

Holy. Extended or no?

PG and Westbrook could be nice. Neither guy can take the last shot though.

They're going to love Oladipo in Indiana.

4 minutes ago, Buc said:

From the "Out of Nowhere" files (if true)...

20170630_205417.png.dd7a6d381c205ef467d326cd3c541d38.png

Apparently Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis are headed the other way in the exchange....

Randy Orton a part time GM in OKC? Holy crap what a move.

How in the world is Sabonis and Oladipo better than Kevin Love?

Indiana is all of a sudden the stupidest front office in the league. They couldn't have gotten one of Boston's WAY better assets?

Archived