87’ers now the Delaware Blue Coats

BBTV

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

The S of Coats seems pretty far away from the T. And could they not find a place to put the spikes on the S?

The spikes are only at the middle of full-length vertical strokes. Same way (essentially) for the Patriots' wordmark, which this clearly ripped off.

The T and S do seem far away, but that's just the nature of the letters. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The spikes are only at the middle of full-length vertical strokes. Same way (essentially) for the Patriots' wordmark, which this clearly ripped off.

I actually went and looked at the Patriots wordmark before I posted to see if that S also didn't have spikes.

The Angels put the spikes on the S and I think it looks more cohesive than having a plain S like for the Patriots and Blue Coats.

jc69i93rlxeidoomxfhsnaqdy.gif

But to be fair, the shape of the Patriots and Blue Coats S doesn't really allow for the placement of spikes.

IbjBaeE.png

The spikes on the Angles A are weird - they’re level, despite the letter being vertically skewed. They’re at different heights of each “leg” of the A

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The spikes on the Angles A are weird - they’re level, despite the letter being vertically skewed. They’re at different heights of each “leg” of the A

The weird thing is the spikes on the N and L follow the curve of the mark, the spikes on the S are based on the angle of the downstroke, but there's really no rhyme or reason to the spikes on the A (maybe to matchup with the perfectly horizontal halo?). edit: Plus there's that awkward skew in the A that isn't featured in any of the other letters. That A is one of the oddest letters in a wordmark in sports.

8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The weird thing is the spikes on the N and L follow the curve of the mark, the spikes on the S are based on the angle of the downstroke, but there's really no rhyme or reason to the spikes on the A (maybe to matchup with the perfectly horizontal halo?). That A is one of the oddest letters in a wordmark in sports.

Mark that down as another thing I'd never  have noticed before the boards and now I'll never un-notice.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Why not wait until the offseason (after the G league finals) to announce this? I know this is a minor league, but don't most teams wait until after the completion of their league's season to announce any sort of rebranding?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

12 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

There's a lot going on with the website, wow

full-court-mockup-v4.jpg

Will they still be playing home games at the University of Delaware next season? IIRC they've been using the same floor as the UD's basketball teams.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Will they still be playing home games at the University of Delaware next season? IIRC they've been using the same floor as the UD's basketball teams.

They're gonna move into the new 76ers Fieldhouse court being built in Wilmington.

bYhYmxh.png

16 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Couldn't resist myself, but no, it's not "just the nature of the letters", it's the designer's job to kern them properly. In this case, they weren't.

Anyway, this is clearly a stolen logo, unless the rights were bought for its use from the original owner. No wonder the horse's head looks clunky - it's executed much better in the original logo.

Also, with that being said, this is already irrelevant, but how do spare red highlights make the coat red? It's clearly blue.

They should have used gray highlights in the coat.  As the "blue" coats, I'd've avoided using any other color there, espeically that of their enemy.

As for the logo theft - have they been called out for it yet either on social media or other channels?  I may send something in to Lukas to go on his blog unless someone already has.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

As for the logo theft - have they been called out for it yet either on social media or other channels?  I may send something in to Lukas to go on his blog unless someone already has.

Lukas had it on Twitter yesterday (which I think was in the post on previous page).

9 hours ago, truepg said:

Couldn't resist myself, but no, it's not "just the nature of the letters", it's the designer's job to kern them properly. In this case, they weren't.

edit: Ok. You do have a good point.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They should have used gray highlights in the coat.  As the "blue" coats, I'd've avoided using any other color there, espeically that of their enemy.

I have to disagree here. The red highlight is a tie-in to the Sixers' identity, and is seen on the horse too.

Also, as a side note, it's highly likely in this case that the bottom part of the horse - the legs - was "borrowed" from yet another logo.

Archived