NBA Expands to Louisville; Version 2

adam__cain

This is something I have been toying with for a while. I wanted to do a non ABA Colonels, non horse themed KY team. I went with Troopers. There are two separate Army bases in Kentucky, which led me to a military-esque logo.  The team would play in Louisville but would be branded the Kentucky Troopers. Navy and Gold instead of the ABA royal and red. I wanted to use gold more due to Fort Knox, but couldn't make it work in a way that wasn't corny. 

JLRtdFu.jpg

Here is what they would wear at home. There are some Colonel elements to this set without it being a direct rip. I know that the Pacers also wear navy and gold and are a border state, but  the identity here is different enough that they wouldn't get mixed up. I'm definitely looking for was to improve on this. 

D8hucvM.jpg

31 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I like the use of Kentucky in the basketball. This is a really good look

Thanks!

That was something that I just kid of stumbled upon. It was a plain blue panel that sort of had a similar shape, and I reworked it over and over until I got a version I liked.

1 hour ago, GT Designs said:

The logo is a good start but the bottom left part seem a bit bland and boring. The Kentucky basketball is great tho!

I originally left it blank, but didn't like all the negative space. I think I may go back to that version. 

57 minutes ago, LogoMark said:

The state outline in the ball is nice, but the wordmark seems kind of similar to the Pelicans. The KY monogram could be pretty cool, nice work!  

The font I used is a western version of a font called barbaro. It does have some similarities to New Orleans, but they are still different. 

You got anymore expansion teams jerseys? I would love to see them! I know Supersonics are all over this page, do you have a take on them if they ever "expanded back" to Seattle? 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

6 hours ago, Tore said:

You got anymore expansion teams jerseys? I would love to see them! I know Supersonics are all over this page, do you have a take on them if they ever "expanded back" to Seattle? 

I am still working on finishing up this one, but who knows what I may start next.

Archived