Sun League - A Floridian Baseball Branding Project

raysox

39 minutes ago, bucknut42 said:

Fruit bats look great! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the final team.

Small nitpick, doesn't really hurt anything, but did you mean to spell "strawberry" wrong in your teaser for the fruit bats?

oh my god i hate you for saying that.

27 minutes ago, Bruins said:

The Strawberry's Dabbing and I can't not see it. Still great. Unis are FRESH, as has been this whole series. Somehow each of these brands feel familiar, worn and well-loved within 2 jpg's. That's a large feat in itself. You've pretty much crafted your own version of everything people like about Brandiose's milb work without the "Grrr, Nacho Tuesday, Kid's Tickets Free!" garbage. This is equal parts whimsical and baseball classy and every bit has been insanely followable. Also love how quickly the concepts have succeeded one another, keeps you super glued. Go Currents! Amazing work, Raysox.

thank you! I keep feeling like i'm one upping myself, i remember how excited i was for the Spikes when i first half finished the logo. I feel like I've unlocked sort of all the stuff i like that Brandiose does and made it my own. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, raysox said:

Hate as in “I can’t not see the logo I made  dabbing” rather than “dabbing is a cancer on society”

I appreciate it tho! For tomorrow it’s a Spanish(!) team name for a long time spring training home.

I've been told that two concepts in the same series accidentally  evoked communist and nazi imagery, so I wouldn't worry too much about a dabbing berry. Sorry for pointing it out though, lol. The series definitely keeps getting better. Think you might flesh it out a little further after team 10?

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I'm happy with most of them luckily. I think i might do a post cleaning up a few like adding more prominent claws to my lion. I tired to copy El Paso Chihuahuas' paws but i guess it didn't reflect it enough.

The Jaguarundi purple color seems like a different shade than when i designed it, so maybe crank down the red tone there.

The Spikes will most likely get an overhaul like I mentioned.

To the person that mentioned the evergreens and the Bog Hogs, that was just a tree line i quickly made cause it seemed empty in the circle. i can revisit that one to see if i can make it more swampy.

The FTM monogram it came down to me thinking the angle of the bolt fit better matching the F than the vertical M bit. I definitely tried the M angle first but ended up not keeping it

those are the ones in mind. The Fly Boys, ChocoSox, and Manatees(which I didn't create in the first place) seem pretty set. This next one is super restrained but i might make a mascot logo just so people aren't disappointed with the last one

On 11/27/2018 at 8:26 PM, raysox said:

Ft-Myers-01.png

Wait a minute! You actually managed to resist dubbing this team the Ft. Myers EdiSuns? 😉 

bulb-04.png

In my honest opinion, this guy is so good that he should be your primary with an EdiSuns - oops, I mean Currents - word mark incorporated into the logo. My only quibble with "Bulb Ruth" is that his shape should call to mind one of Thomas Edison's early bulb designs. Note the pair of bulbs on the workbench in the following photo:

PGceQIBl.jpg    

Wait a minute! You actually resisted the urge to dub this team...

5HPlaqvm.png

... the Ft. Myers EdiSuns😉

Further, in my opinion, this guy...

ZFoTI5Nm.png

has to be the centerpiece of your primary logo. Incorporate an EdiSuns - oops, Currents - wordmark with him and your primary would be good to go.

One quibble with "Bulb Ruth", though - he should really be rendered in the shape of one of Edison's early bulbs. They were more elongated, with a little, protruding nub of glass at the top. For reference, check out the two bulbs on the workbench in the following photo:

PGceQIBh.jpg

Really fun series!  

I can't believe you showed me up with two stellar puns in one post.

I thought the more modern shape for Bulb Ruth would be a better mascot since the shape is a little bit more recognizable than the ones he's holding that don't have that outward curve. I threw it on the roundel after i finished it and I thought the monogram was a little bit more in tune with similar logos.

Ft-Myers-06.png

Tonight I've been building the uniforms on photoshop. I did have a program that you could plug in colors and make a graphic but it was sort of superficial since it was all templated. The photoshop file I have lets me throw in the script logo, sleeve logo, and some nike logos, two things I wanted to include since some people have asked me for the game files and i want to make sure it's good for everyone.

screenshot.png

Manatees: Somehow, you made Albertus whimsical! I didn’t think that was possible. I like your updated manatee and uniform design. Good work.

Currents: I love the pun in the name and the “Bulb Ruth” logo. I would like to see more of it on the uniforms, be it through a sleeve patch or as the main insignia. Well done.

Fruit Bats: The font, logos, and dark grey road uniform are all fantastic touches. I do agree with @coco1997‘s idea of a white panel on the home hat, as it would help the design stand out more. Overall, I like it.

I can’t wait to see the final team and updates!

I did originally try the white panel front, but I went red and black heavy since Plant City stadium was Cincinnati’s spring training home.

gonna work on the last team more today. I did some tweaks to the Bog Hogs yesterday and feel better about the result. Hoping to be posted tonight

Text-Vero.jpg

Vero Beach was home to the Dodgers from 1948-2008. From just before Brooklyn moved to well past the Dodgers moved to Los Angeles. The stadium they played in is on a road named Dodgers. My hands were tied folks.

But I decided to name them the Azules! Like, for the blue! 
Vero-Beach-Azules-03.png

Vero-Beach-Uniforms-01.png

I couldn't just leave you all with that as my last team. So I made a literal Dodger Dog.

Vero-Beach-04.png

Bog Hog updates:

The more i saw my logo, the more I realized how many unnecessary things it had. There  were 2 greys, the white highlights were chunky, the bottom bit of the circle was pointless, also i hated the eye so much! I went ahead and cleaned it up slightly and landed on one grey. I also turned in the tusks as suggested on the cap logo.

Winter-Haven-01.png Winter-Haven-Bog-Hogs-small-50.png

Also while we're at it

Sun-League-Map2.jpg

1 hour ago, Whittier S said:

I can't believe this series is already over. It's brilliant.

WELL it's slowed but i have plans. The sim league should  be  up and running once i redo the Spikes finally. I'm thinking something cleaner with better colors. Think Oakland A's kelly green set and red.

I made changes to the Sarasota uniforms. Honest mistake on the script drop shadow after someone mentioned it didn't match the logo.

jerseys-Sarasota-Ringmasters-Away.png

speaking of the logo, the boy now has claws

Ringmasters-05.png

And circling back to the bog hogs, the dropping of one black means the home uniform looks like this

jerseys-Winter-Haven-Bog-Hogs.png

Archived