Houston Astros concept

Mike2025

I made this just for fun, it'd be kinda cool if they used Astro from the Jetsons for the team, but obviously that will never happen, here's my idea of what that would be like:

Primary Logo:

primary4rn.jpg

Alternate Logo:

astro4ag.gif

Home:

home4gr.jpg

Away:

away8sn.jpg

Home Alternate: (Road Alternate same, but with grey pants)

ggh0di.jpg

and that's about it.

Thoughts?

Mike2025 - actually it's pretty nice. You kept the design simple. Great "Astros" logo :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Shouldn't they be the "Rastros", Reorge?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I never thought about this before, but Astro from the Jetsons would make a great mascot for the Astros. Now, if the folks in Houston can get ahold of the folks at Hanna-Barbera (or whoever is control of the Hanna-Barbera rights) ...

I like the concept. But before you Oakland fans spaz out, I just don't like green as a baseball uniform color. Try one with the old orange and navy. Nice numbers! I've seen that style before. Sort of a modern version of the Red Sox numerals. :rolleyes:

Nice numbers! I've seen that style before. Sort of a modern version of the Red Sox numerals. :rolleyes:

I've got it too - it's called Bank Gothic. It's different, but it would work for a team like the Astros. One of the things I don't like about their new look is that they look like they're trying to give the team a look from a period where they didn't exist. Yes it's very traditional, but the team was rechristened with a Space Age, futuristic name in the '60s. They were always very progressive - 1st dome, AstroTurf, the giant cartoony scoreboards, rainbow-bellied uniforms, numbers on pants. The stuff they have now is more unimaginative, and got away from the distinctive color package that BB was talking about. If they had changed their name and tried to tie in the nickname with the train/train station theme, the colors and look might fit better.

That said, I like the idea, but I would also vote for a return to orange (sun, stars) and navy (dark outer space, night sky). And these are a nice start, but they need something else. The front and back lettering looks very compressed horizontally, and without any other design elements on the front (piping, numbers, underlining, etc.) they look too sparse. If you're planning on leaving the letters so compressed, maybe throw a shooting star/underline on there to beef it up a bit.

Very creative, and the dog takes the name in an entirely different direction. Way to redirect the 'Stros to a more futuristic style.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived