Ot pedro martinez

bosox

you know, if you actually watched, zimmer threw a punch. pedro has to protect himself.

Protect himself? He could have just stepped out of the way I mean come on he is a 20-30 something athlete. Zimmer is 72 all he had to do was step out of the way not throw him to the ground.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Let me chime in here.

Zimmer, now there is a punk.  He has the balls to attack Pedro, but when Clemens throws and hits Piazza in the head its oh he didnt mean to hit him. Zimmer defends Clemens and that was a legit 90+ fastball directed right at injuring Piazza. Come on u cant defend one guy and go after the other.

Then the news comes out and its that Pedro throws him to the ground.  If u watch Pedro isnt doing anything and Zimmer comes after him.  He got what he deserves, he is lucky Pedro doesnt clean his clock.  I dont care what Pedro is 20, 30 whatever.

I played minor league baseball and u let the players play and coaches coach.  Zimmer is wrong flat out, no matter who Pedro threw at.

pedro was to blame for throwing at Karim Garcia's head and don who had his carrer ended by a throw to the head was upset for that reason. Don Zimmer was to blame for charging Pedro. BUT you know something is wrong when Roger Clemens is the peacekeeper of the whole deal.

To sum it up my Yankees are up 2-1 are they are going to be the 2003 World Series Champions

pedro was to blame for throwing at Karim Garcia's head and don who had his carrer ended by a throw to the head was upset for that reason. Don Zimmer was to blame for charging Pedro. BUT you know something is wrong when Roger Clemens is the peacekeeper of the whole deal.

To sum it up my Yankees are up 2-1 are they are going to be the 2003 World Series Champions

But there was a good point made earlier. Why was Zimmer not upset when Clemens hit Piazza in the head?

I through it funny that Zimmer would ever try...at least he didn't hurt himself when pedro knocked him down

What Zimmer did was wrong but you can see why he did it. It was really enraged, after all he almost died because of something like Pedro did.

For those of you who don't know when Zimm was in the minors as a player he was hit in the head by a beanball, and spent the next 13 days in a coma. If you went through that and you saw someone do that you would have a simular reaction no matter what the age.

Zimmer's apology today was very sincere and he meant it.

Indeed, his apology was very sincere, those were very deep emotions coming from him. But Saturday's game was one bad decision after another.

First, Pedro hit Garcia. Then Ramirez got upset over a pitch that was OVER THE PLATE, Ramirez was just dumb enough to duck and make it look like it came at his head. Then Zimmer right from the beginning went after Pedro Martinez, Zimmer wasn't after anyone but Pedro.

And Pedro is no punk. When Zimmerman was coming at Pedro, Pedro isn't thinking, "Oh, here's some 72 year old man coming after me, I'll just try and get way." He's thinking that he needs to defend himself, so he pushed Zimmer out of the way to make sure Zimmer couldn't hurt him. Zimmer was the aggressor and Pedro only acted in self defense.

I'll give credit to Zimmerman though, he sticks up for his players. It's a shame he suffered such a brutal incident as to get hit in the head without a helmet on. But that dosn't justify what Zimmer did. But he's also a good enough person to apologize for what he knows was wrong.

sig09.jpg

Archived