Utah Swarm Concept

AAO

Usually I like all of your work, but I'm not so sure about this one. I know where you are trying to go with this, but (and maybe it's just me) it isn't readily apparent at first glance that these are bees. Without the name, I might still be trying to figure it out (which is problematic if you are using the secondary without the wordmark).

I really can't think of a suggestion offhand to address this. Maybe a sideview of a divebombing swarm would work better to convey that we're talking about bees.

Sorry, but it just doesn't work for me as is.

Most Liked Content of the DayĀ -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017Ā  Ā  Ā /////Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005Ā Ā šŸ™ƒ

I didn't notice the basketball reference until you mentioned it. I wouldn't have known this was a logo for a basketball team at all.

Here's what I picked up about this:

Those two bees look like pirate hook hands. Add antennae to both of them.

I think the antennae should have less of a curve/hook, because they look like viking horns.

The wings seem to come up instead of receding into the background like the stinger and legs. I think you could correct this by having the switching the top and bottom of the wings, because the wider side would be closer to the shoulder blades and the thinner end by the abdomen.

The U in the secondary logo doesn't match any of the fonts/lettering styles used in the main logo.

The top of the S in Swarm should point down towards the midsection of the S, and this should diminish the odd negative shape between the S and W.

Actually, all the letters in Swarm are just inconsistent with each other. Are they all curvy, pointed, what? There's no unifying theme in all the letters.

Its a good start, but needs plenty of polishing.

Back-to-BackĀ Fatal FortyĀ Champion 2015 & 2016

I like the quality, as always, and I like where you're going but the antennae look like bull horns. I've heard of bull ants, but never bull hornets ;)

I figure the antennae should be thinner than you have em right now.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bullšŸ¤¬

Archived