Geelong Cats New Logo

rmered

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second one's alright. The cartoon logo was a black cat, which, I think, should have the colour of the cat on the second logo.

I was really getting used to the previous shield logo, which was about as generic as you can get.

I saw, I came, I left.

the second new shield has a classy feel to it, IMO (and also reminds me of this big ol white cat that occasionally hangs out in my backyard). Only thing I woulda done different is place "EST. 1859" where they have CATS.

The first new crest, meanwhile, reminds me of this jumper idea I've been drawing out off and on but never put to digital form.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The second cat looks a bit like the England three lions. The first would look a lot better if the "Cats" wordmark wasn't so obvious; you could scrap that entirely and it'd make a pretty good secondary logo.

Rob, wouldn't they be replacing this?

2006_AFL_Geelong.jpg

sig.png

First one: awful.

Second one: much better, still something about it bugs me. Maybe it's the uneven hoops, or possibly the way it reads "Geelong Cats Football Club", which it isn't.

WEGcat was awesome in comparison.

First one: awful.

Second one: much better, still something about it bugs me. Maybe it's the uneven hoops, or possibly the way it reads "Geelong Cats Football Club", which it isn't.

WEGcat was awesome in comparison.

.. you know what bugs me about the second one... the fact their apparel sponsor is Slazenger (assuming it's still their sponsor) which features a side-profile leaping cat logo. It just seems like from a distance, they would get mixed up.

I saw, I came, I left.

I think the font may be similar to the new Ottawa Senators font. That may be worth looking into.

As far as these, well, I like the second one more than the first, though I do like how the top one incorporates the hoops into the logo itself.

Overall, I'm not impressed by either.

philly.png

Personally, I really like the idea behind number 1. It has some details I'm not a huge fan of, like the "Cats" and the shape of the shield, but the cat in the stripes I actually like.

Same feelings about the second one. Nice concept, but I'd have done a few things differently.

when it comes to AFL logos though, this is one of the better ones IMO.

The second cat looks a bit like the England three lions. The first would look a lot better if the "Cats" wordmark wasn't so obvious; you could scrap that entirely and it'd make a pretty good secondary logo.

Rob, wouldn't they be replacing this?

2006_AFL_Geelong.jpg

Gaz,

You're quite right, they are replacing the shield as their official logo, I was more commentng on how they were replacing the cat because they wanted to go back to having an actual cat in their logo, as distinct from just GFC.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived