Pittsburgh Penguins logo/jersey concept

mcrosby

I started this way back when, as seen here.

I've since updated my concept logo and added some color, and an updated jersey set.

I like the addition of light blue to the black and gold, it's somewhat dull without it. I took the average baby blue and tried to make it a bit more neon. The third jersey takes from the Pittsburgh seal, which I think is gorgeous. I've got another third, which probably wouldn't fly in an actual game, that I may post later, first some C&C on this.

Thanks a bunch and go Pens

(let me know if I should just drop this already too)

penguinsblackblue.png

The pidgeon logo wasn't much liked to begin with, so to have an update of a logo that isn't wanted is a bad way to go. The trace "ice blue" elements don't fit. Instead of complimenting the design, they stand out, distract, and ultimatly subtract from the overall design. On the alternate, I do not understand why you went with the large checkerboard pattern. I get that you got it from the city shield, but it doesn't seem to fit in the overall scheme of the design, and neither does the floating "Pittsburgh Penguins" wordmark. It needs to be in the circle.

I do like the inclusion of the city shield as shoulder logos. That is an element i would like to see the Penguins add to their current uniform set.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Don't "drop" it. Refine it. I agree with JQK about the uni designs. The blue just looks like you said, I've got to find a way to throw blue in here somehow. You basically have 4 colors competing for space (there is a bit too much white). The black, gold, and white fit well together, but the blue is like an afterthought, and it does end up looking forced.

Let's see the other 3rd.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Here's an update, no blue, exception for the city seal. The third is supposed to resemble a penguin, again I have a feeling that it would not fly in the NHL, haha pun, penguin..fly...woooboy.

Anyways, let me know how you feel about the jersey itself, the aspects of it, etc. Again, after starting this quite a while ago it has become apparent that I won't be dropping it until I, and you, feel it is perfected.

penguinsblacksetupdate.png

I'm not a hockey guy by any means, but that third you just posted is the :censored:. I love the "penguin-ness" of it! White in front, black in back. Not only is it a cool logo and a beautiful design, but it is also just fun. Great logo too.

I try to always post a piece if criticism as well, but I don't have any here. I would LOVE to see an action template with that new third so I would know how it looks on a player.

I have a question about the jerseys: You're building them off a template, which is fine, but the bottom side-panel on the back view feels like it should be an extension of the main colour on the front of the jersey. Right now, it looks like the front colour would just suddenly end, and I'm not sure that'd look right when everything else is curved

That said, the second set of jerseys you posted are a lot better than the first, and I particularly like the alternate.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I've since updated my concept logo and added some color, and an updated jersey set.

I like the addition of light blue to the black and gold, it's somewhat dull without it. I took the average baby blue and tried to make it a bit more neon. The third jersey takes from the Pittsburgh seal, which I think is gorgeous. I've got another third, which probably wouldn't fly in an actual game, that I may post later, first some C&C on this.

penguinsblackblue.png

The black and white jerseys are very nice, except maybe the strange-looking beak.

The blue one made me think of a Greek restaurant though!

87Redskins.png

As a big Pens fan, the only thing I hate is all the blue they are using now. So the concept you came up with second is excellent!

I'd love to see it back in black and gold original colors, not the current ones, and then they'd be perfect.

That P logo is awesome!

Nice work.

2ly2w09.jpg

As a big Pens fan, the only thing I hate is all the blue they are using now. So the concept you came up with second is excellent!

I'd love to see it back in black and gold original colors, not the current ones, and then they'd be perfect.

That P logo is awesome!

Nice work.

I disagree. I'm also a huge Pens fan but I think the blue is cool. I'm a little biased because my cousin played in the blue Penguin days, but the throwbacks are so classic. I do think you need to pick one when it comes to the Penguins, though. You can't really combine powder blue and gold into a black uniform and make it work perfectly.

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

the "P" logo is cool but i'd like to see the alternate jersey with the logo from the first two. the penguin design is pretty amazing on the jersey with the white in the front and black on the back. i'd just like to see white or all gold inside the numbers/letters.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

actually, if he thickened up the outline on the numbers, they will work. i like the non traditional numbers and stuff. make the outlines as thick as the raiders throwbacks

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

penguinsblackblue.png

Good concepts. What would make them better would be the classic logo on the main home/away sweaters.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

I like this new update but I personally like what you did first with the adding the blue to the black and gold better. Maybe try putting that new alternate "P" logo on the home and away with the blue added and just use the blue throwback/winter classic jersey as the alternate. Overall, this is great work.

Here's an update. I removed the thin black strip at the cuffs of the sleeve, continued the gold portion on the back onto the front, and thickened the outlines on the alternate. Let me know what you think.

penguinsblackupdate2.png

I really like the logo on that alt. The black numbers would have to go white but I do like the update.

Archived