The Arena Name Game

Burning River

Dunkin Donuts Dome has a nice ring to it. I would be fine if it was just KFC Center or Yum! Center but not both together. University of Louisville Fans are going to become overweight fast. Their football stadium is already named after and serves Papa Johns now you are serving Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC at the new arena.

Signature intentionally left blank

Dunkin Donuts Dome has a nice ring to it. I would be fine if it was just KFC Center or Yum! Center but not both together. University of Louisville Fans are going to become overweight fast. Their football stadium is already named after and serves Papa Johns now you are serving Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC at the new arena.

Through the football stadium naming deal Papa Johns is the "offical" pizza of University of Louisville athletics. Part of the KFC/Yum deal is that during U of L games they will not be allowed to sell Pizza Hut pizza and will instead be selling Papa John's pizza at the concessions. They will be selling KFC and Taco Bell (don't know about A&W or Long John Silvers) during U of L events, but they will sell Pizza Hut (instead of Papa Johns) at any other event held in the arena. That "KFC Bucket" name would have fit pretty well if we had been able to land either the Grizzlies or the Hornets when they moved - part of the deal was to rename the team the Colonels (after the old ABA team).

Besides, the damn thing looks like a giant all-in-one printer sittind down by the river; the look doesn't fit in the area at all. The design of the new Pittsburgh arena is much nicer and fits in better with PNC Park and Heinz Stadium.

They seriously couldn't just go with KFC center? Wow.....i mean that's downright terrible.

Oh well, I guess there's many more worse names they couldve used. Those being:

Bruce Arena

Betty Ford Center

In 'n Out Center

Frontand Center

....ooookay you get it :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived