Favorite NHL uniforms

DaveK

Also, IMO you cant go wrong with green:

pNHL-7338724dt.jpg

Minnesota%20North%20Stars%2080s%20away.jpg

Agreed. If you see my post in the Concepts forum, under the "Re-Branding the NHL: Defunct Teams", I made a statement asking the designer to rebrand virtually every defunct NHL except the Whalers and North Stars. They're just too perfect IMHO.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, I'll start with my favourite ever, worn by my favourite team.

niedermayer.jpg

With all due respect, it is not humanly possible to be a Ducks fan, and give any sort of props whatsoever to the Sharks, their players, their uniforms/logo/color, arena, management or fans.

It is blasphemy. Like a Red Sox fan praising the Yankees, or a Michigan fan remarking at how beautiful the Buckeyes are, or perhaps a Duke fan fawning over the Tarheels...

It is just a cardinal sin.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

A couple of "controversial" choices that I genuinely like:

Thrashers current homes. Every other look the Thrashers have ever worn has been a complete fail in my book, but I've always liked these:

pittsburgh-penguins.jpg?size=500&imageId=8478196

Predators yellow alts. Ok, the crest is pretty bad, still a truly unique look that the Preds fans embraced:

nashville-predators.jpg?size=500&imageId=5920907

wow you are actaully very right.. when I think of both these teams I cringe, but these looks are good

300px-CarolinaColiseum.jpg

Lights Out - With all due respect, do you really like those jerseys (meaning, would you proudly wear them in public), or are you just trying to be funny by posting the most hideous uniforms in recent NHL history for attention? I have a sneaking suspicion it's the latter, especially when one considers that the Lightning and Ducks jerseys are not only two of the most hated NHL alts in league history, but also two of the most universally ridiculed uniforms to ever exist, in any league. In the world. Ever.

So seriously, what uniforms do you actually like?

I take it you've never seen my concepts then because a lot of them are just as wild as the uniforms I've picked as those favorites. And yes, I genuinely like those. I wish I owned a Wild Wing sweater, just because it's rare and a sure conversation starter. And unlike you, I get my opinions from my eyes and my brain, not what haughty bloggers tell me to like. So, please kindly cut the crap and stop being a douche because not everybody has the same taste in uniforms as you.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Lights Out - With all due respect, do you really like those jerseys (meaning, would you proudly wear them in public), or are you just trying to be funny by posting the most hideous uniforms in recent NHL history for attention? I have a sneaking suspicion it's the latter, especially when one considers that the Lightning and Ducks jerseys are not only two of the most hated NHL alts in league history, but also two of the most universally ridiculed uniforms to ever exist, in any league. In the world. Ever.

So seriously, what uniforms do you actually like?

I take it you've never seen my concepts then because a lot of them are just as wild as the uniforms I've picked as those favorites. And yes, I genuinely like those. I wish I owned a Wild Wing sweater, just because it's rare and a sure conversation starter. And unlike you, I get my opinions from my eyes and my brain, not what haughty bloggers tell me to like. So, please kindly cut the crap and stop being a douche because not everybody has the same taste in uniforms as you.

I get my opinions from, as you would say, my eyes and my brain, and honestly I find those sweaters you posted are G-d awful. Maybe you need to realize that not everyone who likes traditional looks gets their opinions from "haughty bloggers." Most of us dislike those looks because, well, we just don't like them.

You yourself have stated on many occasions that you don't follow hockey, nor are you well versed in the sport's traditions and customs. That's fine, but is it possible that your particular tastes in hockey sweaters, which seems to be the source of conflict between you and more well-versed hockey fans, may come from being unfamiliar with what's generally considered within the guidelines of a good hockey sweater?

Here are my favorites, and this is my favorite of these type of threads because I'm a huge NHL fan and have alot of jerseys. And yes I own and wear all listed. Not sure how many pics can be in each post, but I may have 2 posts worth.

tx.kozlov.jpg

stars_big.jpg

2685601520100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

barrasso.jpg

56687601_1.jpg

9025d1194203540-tom-barrasso-mask-barrassopenmask3.jpg

sharks_blackhawks1.jpg

evgeni_nabokov_practice1.jpg

noronen-buf-pun.JPG

puppatbl.jpg

2ly2w09.jpg

...continued.

California_Golden_Seals.jpeg

NYR3RDW99F.jpg

New-Jersey-Devils-Red-Green-Throwback-Retro-Jersey-1982-92.jpg

07-Coyotes-300x298.jpg

The following two are my favorite jerseys of all time regardless of sport. I lean towards the Flames jersey because I loved it the second I saw it, but can't pass up the old Rangers third being American as just pure beauty.

202088087.jpg

flames_big.jpg

2ly2w09.jpg

With all due respect, it is not humanly possible to be a Ducks fan, and give any sort of props whatsoever to the Sharks, their players, their uniforms/logo/color, arena, management or fans.

Right, so I'm not allowed to like what I think is a perfectly good logo and uniform set on the basis that the Sharks are a rival team? Yet there are, for example's sake, Maple Leafs fans who like the Canadiens' identity, and vice versa, despite the two teams having a long historical rivalry.

FWIW, I actually enjoy the rivalry between the Ducks and Sharks, and I even consider San Jose to be something of a second favourite team (even though I don't bother rooting for them). Also, as someone who lives nowhere near California as you can see on the left, the fact that it's a "local" rivalry means nothing to me.

If it's any consolation, I hate the Kings' logo, partly because I think it's poorly designed </shameless self plug>

Also, you quoted the wrong jersey.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I get my opinions from, as you would say, my eyes and my brain, and honestly I find those sweaters you posted are G-d awful. Maybe you need to realize that not everyone who likes traditional looks gets their opinions from "haughty bloggers." Most of us dislike those looks because, well, we just don't like them.

I'm not saying everybody does. I was referencing the incident in the basketball thread where ThePreacher linked to bloggers' lists of the worst NBA uniforms of all time in order to disprove people's opinions or something. Nothing personal against you or any other hockey fan.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I would respect your opinion more if you didn't resort to childish ad-hominem attacks to get your point across.

You yourself have stated on many occasions that you don't follow hockey, nor are you well versed in the sport's traditions and customs. That's fine, but is it possible that your particular tastes in hockey sweaters, which seems to be the source of conflict between you and more well-versed hockey fans, may come from being unfamiliar with what's generally considered within the guidelines of a good hockey sweater?

Well said. This seems to be 100% true might I add. You see, I think all these uniforms that I consider horrible were released by people the league (see: teams) hired from management/marketing companies to help sell a product, and they geared them towards non-hockey fans, hence why you see a lot of NBA and other non-NHL fans drooling over these blasphemous (and hideous) disgraces to hockey, which alienate it's true fans (like myself) and act as such a polarizing center of contention on these boards. Well said, sir.

Right, so I'm not allowed to like what I think is a perfectly good logo and uniform set on the basis that the Sharks are a rival team? Yet there are, for example's sake, Maple Leafs fans who like the Canadiens' identity, and vice versa, despite the two teams having a long historical rivalry.

FWIW, I actually enjoy the rivalry between the Ducks and Sharks, and I even consider San Jose to be something of a second favourite team (even though I don't bother rooting for them). Also, as someone who lives nowhere near California as you can see on the left, the fact that it's a "local" rivalry means nothing to me.

I didn't realize you were from the UK. Had I known you were from Britain, I wouldn't have made that comment. But as any California Ducks/Sharks fan knows.. our two teams HATE each other... It's like a Liverpool fan rooting for Chelski or ManU (or a Man City fan liking MAn U?)... just doesn't happen. Hope that analogy worked.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

stars_big.jpg

What a hysterical logo. Ugh, that joke was so esoteric it's not even a joke. Forget I even bothered.

Mooteruslogo.png

It's a Mooterus alright.

I can't believe how many of the jerseys posted in this thread are from my Curious, Weird and Ugly Collection.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'm not saying everybody does. I was referencing the incident in the basketball thread where ThePreacher linked to bloggers' lists of the worst NBA uniforms of all time in order to disprove people's opinions or something. Nothing personal against you or any other hockey fan.

Ah gotcha. Well those blogger lists (and the SI lists they seem to be based on) are usually penned by people without a clue anyway. Take my Leafs for example. Their most recent uniform change will have them returning to a traditional-based design for the first time since, say, 1996. In 1997 they tried to go cute with the numbers, and in 2001 they added silver to the colour scheme and added that G-d awful TML alternate logo. When the Edge sweaters debuted they lost the silver, but kept the double number outlines and lost the waist stripes. The most recent change, with the classic leaf returning as the alternate logo, the return to athletic block, and the return of waist stripes and tie-down collars marks the return of a truly classic Leafs look. Yet almost every blogger article about the best hockey uniforms between 1997 and 2010 listed the Leafs' set as "untouchable," and "classic." So really when you're dealing with SI type blogs/lists you're dealing with people who often don't REALLY look at the uniforms they're ranking.

I didn't realize you were from the UK. Had I known you were from Britain, I wouldn't have made that comment. But as any California Ducks/Sharks fan knows.. our two teams HATE each other... It's like a Liverpool fan rooting for Chelski or ManU (or a Man City fan liking MAn U?)... just doesn't happen. Hope that analogy worked.

Fair enough. I know very well of the general hatred between the two teams, and I understand why the two hate each other, but I personally don't feel any hatred towards the Sharks. I have no idea why, but I sort of like them for some reason.

And I see what you were trying to do with the analogy. Makes perfect sense to me, even though I'm one of three, or maybe five people in Britain who hate Football/Soccer with a burning, fiery passion. :lol:

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I would respect your opinion more if you didn't resort to childish ad-hominem attacks to get your point across.

Well said. This seems to be 100% true might I add. You see, I think all these uniforms that I consider horrible were released by people the league (see: teams) hired from management/marketing companies to help sell a product, and they geared them towards non-hockey fans, hence why you see a lot of NBA and other non-NHL fans drooling over these blasphemous (and hideous) disgraces to hockey, which alienate it's true fans (like myself) and act as such a polarizing center of contention on these boards. Well said, sir.

I'm going to completely disagree with you here and say that you are completely wrong. And this coming from a Kings fan. The Sharks original look and currently look are great, heck even the Mighty Ducks original look was great. I don't think just because you root for one team that you can't appriciate what looks good on another. As a Dodger fan, I think the Giants current look is great. Heck, I hate the Raiders, and yet I appriciate and love their look. I don't see why can't you appriciate the look of another team, well I guess except if you live in Britian according to your bizarre rules.

Archived