Favorite NHL uniforms

DaveK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe how many of the jerseys posted in this thread are from my Curious, Weird and Ugly Collection.

I'm glad I'm not alone on this...

I was crucified when I asked why so many of people's alleged favorite uniforms can also be found on most "worst-dressed in sports" lists. Must just be due to the fact that I'm a traditionalist, and generally hate anything that flies in the face of my stance on hockey (see: tradition.)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

No, you weren't "crucified" for being a traditionalist. There is no shortage of them on this forum and they far outnumber the modernists. You were criticized by me and others for voicing your disagreement with others' taste in uniforms in a rude manner. I would have had no problem with you disagreeing with my taste in uniforms if that didn't come attached with you accusing me of trolling.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

No, you weren't "crucified" for being a traditionalist. There is no shortage of them on this forum and they far outnumber the modernists. You were criticized by me and others for voicing your disagreement with others' taste in uniforms in a rude manner. I would have had no problem with you disagreeing with my taste in uniforms if that didn't come attached with you accusing me of trolling.

I have to agree with Lights Out here, Preacher. Lights Out may have a taste in uniforms that isn't considered "normal". You obviously disagree with him, and I can respect that, but please be respectful of his opinions. In turn, Lights Out and others will respect your opinion.

The reason I butt-in on this conversation is because ThePreacher has acted rude towards me in the past. I'm sure I egged him on non-purposefully in the past, as well. Let's just agree to disagree on this one, eh?

I apologize if you got the impression that I accused you of "trolling"... That wasn't what I was aiming for. I just raise a curious eye when there's 4-5 consecutive posts of increasingly bizarre/outrageous logos/uniforms/color schemes in a row on here. It starts to feel like a "one-upping contest" in which the current poster is trying to out-shock the previous poster, that's all.

But hey, if you legitimately like the far-out stuff, that's cool with me.

I'm just a traditionalist (as I've mentioned about a hundred times lol), so this new stuff kind of blows my mind.

Let's just agree to disagree on this one, eh?

That's what I thought I was doing since the beginning...? I didn't realize I came off as so contentious. I've been coming on these boards for 2-3 years, but I didn't join until this summer. I completely respect 95% of the opinions on here, but it irks me when people start throwing around the ad hominem attacks and name-calling. I mean, calling someone a "douchebag" simply because you disagree with them is childish IMHO. Just my 2 cents...

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

That's what I thought I was doing since the beginning...? I didn't realize I came off as so contentious. I've been coming on these boards for 2-3 years, but I didn't join until this summer. I completely respect 95% of the opinions on here, but it irks me when people start throwing around the ad hominem attacks and name-calling. I mean, calling someone a "douchebag" simply because you disagree with them is childish IMHO. Just my 2 cents...

Did I call you a douchebag? If I recall correctly, I didn't. But if you got that impression from me, I apologize.

And I had to look up "ad hominem" to understand what you meant. My vocab is large, but surprisingly I haven't been exposed to that term yet. :D

Did I call you a douchebag? If I recall correctly, I didn't. But if you got that impression from me, I apologize.

And I had to look up "ad hominem" to understand what you meant. My vocab is large, but surprisingly I haven't been exposed to that term yet. :D

I'm going to back you up on this Punch. I don't know how many times I've posted something about a uniform or team, and then the person will call me an idiot or worse, and I'm not even talking about them. I think people need to learn how to read and not read between the lines that aren't there. When someone disagrees with your opinion on a uniform, team, or player it's not a personal attack on you. Stop taking things as personal attacks. If I want to call you a blankety-blank, I'll come out and call you a blankety-blank. If I'm calling you a blankety-blank, then you've obviously started it by saying something nasty to me or about me. I've yet to call anyone on this board a name, not even an "idiot" or "moron". Some people need to separate opinions about uniforms, teams, and players and not feel like someone's opinion is a personal attack on them.

I really, legitimately, truly would proudly rock the Ducks Wildwing jersey in public.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I'm with you on the first two...

But as for the Wild, I'm still trying to determine why people laud it is "The Best Expansion Logo of All-Time"?? I personally HATE the name (teams need to STOP using adjectives as nicknames), and the logo is "meh."

I personally think the Blue Jackets did a wonderful job with their sweaters (after the bug and Rock 'n Roll HOF logo fiascos), the Predators looks decent, and the Trashers need work.

This is the best NHL expansion logo/uni in league history IMHO:

1401005palexandredaigleid1.jpg

I hate to be completely picky with you but that is not their expansion uni you see there. They didn't start using white numbers until their second year. Disregarding that however, I agree that they were some of the best expansion uniforms and logo in the recent era.

Archived