Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was expecting you to do black and white team colors. Whatever. This uniform looks great, especially the pants stripes, but I don't know how red, black, and white fit into racing together.

This is from someone that can't stand racing but when I think of fast which is what I was going for I think red.

I almost went black & white but just could not bring myself to go that boring.

This is not my favorite concept I have done but I do like the uniforms.

Did I miss out on this one completely?

Up next will be the Kansas City Franchise

I was expecting you to do black and white team colors. Whatever. This uniform looks great, especially the pants stripes, but I don't know how red, black, and white fit into racing together.

This is from someone that can't stand racing but when I think of fast which is what I was going for I think red.

If you used a checkered-flag pattern on the uniform, it wouldn't be boring.

No, you didn't miss out. I was just wondering what made you choose red, black, and white as team colors. And the pants stripe you had wouldn't be there if you had black and white as team colors.

If you used a checkered-flag pattern on the uniform, it wouldn't be boring.

I actually tried that but with the red as the base color.

I did not like that look at all just felt forced.

I actually had a checkered flag in the primary at one time then in the secondary another time but never could get it to work.

Nice and simple with a great logo

Red is associated with fast cars so it fits well enough

You might consider a checkered design if tastefully done but it could also cheese it up too

All these teams look really professional

Yeah when I tried the checkered design it did not look like a pro team more like an Arena or College so I just dropped it all together.

You might consider a checkered design if tastefully done but it could also cheese it up too

Yeah when I tried the checkered design it did not look like a pro team more like an Arena or College so I just dropped it all together.

Some of those early 90's arena league uniforms were a true abomination(i.e tampa bay storm-albany firebirds etc, google 'em to see what i mean!!)

You could post up Racers uniforms with the checkered stripes u were gonna use, just for kicks maybe ;)

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Some of those early 90's arena league uniforms were a true abomination(i.e tampa bay storm-albany firebirds etc, google 'em to see what i mean!!)

You could post up Racers uniforms with the checkered stripes u were gonna use, just for kicks maybe ;)

Oh my god, the Jay Gruden-era Storm uniforms were AW FULL! I don't know how an arena legend like Gruden would even accept to wear that!

The Kansas City Mustangs!

Mustangs started out in Los Angeles as the first west coast team in the MLF in 1944.

In 1959 MLF reached a deal with the struggling All-American Football League & 4 of their teams to become a part of their league.

The Baltimore Stars, the leagues best team & winner of the AAFL championship 4 out of its 6 seasons, needed a new home as the league already had the Bombers so the Stars were moved to Hollywood.

The Mustangs could not compete with the Stars on or off the field and attendance for their games dropped to average of 15,000 per game.

In 1961 the league was looking for a new home & owner for the struggling franchise or feared contraction might occur.

After looking at both Miami & San Diego markets Kansas City was offered the franchise mainly because of strong ownership proposal led by Jack Hart a former player & coach in the MLF.

The new ownership group wanted to keep the name & history of the team as they thought it would create a natural rival with the St. Louis Stallions.

The turn around for the franchise started in 1965 when Jack Hart gave up some ownership control & became the head coach.

He led them to several playoff appearances in the late 60's & early 70's including two title games but could not win the championship.

He is still Kansas Cities all time winning coach.

In the last few years head coach Tommy Bratkowski has been trying to get there with some mixed results.

In 2008 in his first year at the helm they signed highly sought after QB Dan Hollister & RB Ronnie Miller to huge free agent deals.

As a result they were successful the first two years going 10-6 & 11-5.

In 2010 they dropped to 9-7 & out of the playoffs.

Last year was even a bigger disappointment finishing 6-10 with Miller only playing in 5 games.

This is an aging team built on free agency on offense & a stingy defense led by All-Pro LB James Durant but many fans feel this could be the last year this team will be together.

Here are the current uniforms plus a throwback they debuted in 2009 which is a tribute to their Los Angeles days.

As always C & C welcome!

KCLogosUniformsSheet2_zps3c323569.png

KCAltUniformSheet.png

Colts, Broncos Stampeders and 49ers made a baby.

FYP :P

I would suggest a "KC" wordmark with the horseshoe as the C. I'd also consider a color change since what you have now is pretty close to the Chiefs... perhaps royal blue to tie them into the Royals and Wizards, and because you hardly ever see royal blue and metallic gold used together.

Colts, Broncos Stampeders and 49ers made a baby.

FYP :P

I would suggest a "KC" wordmark with the horseshoe as the C. I'd also consider a color change since what you have now is pretty close to the Chiefs... perhaps royal blue to tie them into the Royals and Wizards, and because you hardly ever see royal blue and metallic gold used together.

I am actually using that color scheme for the Cincinnati Kings which is pretty set now. I can look into other colors I guess but I really don't care if it looks like the Chiefs colors since they are not around in this world & neither are the Royals or Wizards..

I had a KC wordmark but opted for the horse shoe instead I can look at again though

As usual the baby is so much cuter than the parents! rolleyes.gif

Would like to see a new horseshoe logo or something different there to separate from the Colts, but other than that fantastic set. Love the red and gold, and don't find it too similar to the Chiefs, who use yellow.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived