2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

Good win by the Lakers tonight. I didn't get to watch it, but I was following it closely on my phone.

The magic number to clinch is 2. Lets go Lakers!

But the schedule isn't as easy to finish. The Lakers have games left vs. the Spurs (trying to grab the #1 West seed), the Warriors and Rockets (each trying to get #6 and avoiding OKC or SA, whoever is #2, in the quarterfinal round). The Jazz have two against the Wolves and finish vs. the Grizzlies.

If Memphis or Rubio are still pissed at the refs for screwing their last games vs. the Lakers, they could tank their games for Utah to win, and have the Laker opponents give the purple and gold all the hell they can handle. One Laker loss can land the Jazz the advantage card again because of the tiebreaker.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lakers are still in a really tough spot to make the playoffs right now.

Jazz have no business losing either of their next two games. They'll certainly cream Minnesota in the game at the Delta Center. Lakers finish up with three home games, but all against playoff teams. Schedule still favours Utah to get the #8.

spacer.png

Glad to see Jay z go he was the hardest thing about being a Nets fan

I thought that would PJ Carlesimo...

I am a Seton Hall fan so I like P.J.

Fair enough but usually Nets fan I talked to liked Jay-Z due to the mainstream attention he bought to the team.

Also I would just like to point out that he stills has a stake in the ownership of Barclay's Center so it is not a complete divorce from the team.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Lakers are still in a really tough spot to make the playoffs right now.

Jazz have no business losing either of their next two games. They'll certainly cream Minnesota in the game at the Delta Center. Lakers finish up with three home games, but all against playoff teams. Schedule still favours Utah to get the #8.

Those playoff teams are more likely to rest guys than the T-Wolves, though.

If I am not Mistaken, they have two coming up with Minnesota. They should win both. However, if I ever wanted to see the Timberwolves get the benefit of the doubt on a lot of calls, maybe these would be the games to watch.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Golden State and Houston are both fighting for the #6 right now. They have plenty to play for. San Antonio might be gunning for #1, but we all Pop isn't concerned about #1 or #2.

Minnesota might not rest guys, but their problem is that they aren't very good.

Obviously. But the gap between playoff / non-playoff teams may close if playoff teams are resting players.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Oh man, Kobe just hurt himself. He was favoring his left leg heavily. If he's seriously injured, the Lakers can kiss their already slim playoff chances goodbye.

Edit: what a game!! This Warriors-Lakers game was great. And then Curry almost stole it with a 75-foot shot. Holy s***.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I saw three straight possessions the Warriors had to take a lead with less than two minutes left. Missed shot off the baseline, out of bounds call, and wide open miss in the paint after Curry baited two Lakers on a doubleteam. And the full court shot attempt by Stephen at the end was inches away from a monumental Warriors win.

Lakers remain a game ahead of the Jazz with two games left each. To me, the Spurs are the last chance to help Utah out. If the Lakers win on Sunday, boom, they're in the postseason.

Only took 50 free throws and countless blown calls for the Lakers to win it. :rolleyes:

Its games like this that make people think there is a conspiracy.

It's the NBA. Of course they're helping the Lakers win.

And what would be the benefit of the Lakers making the playoffs, to be, highly likely, extinguished in a 4-game quickie by the Spurs or OKC?

The Lakers name sells, movie stars in the stands, Kobe Bryant on the court, though the way it sounds Kobe could be done.

A knee injury and ankle injury weren't enough, but a foot injury took Kobe Bryant out.

The Los Angeles Lakers guard was helped into the locker room Friday by trainer Gary Vitti after falling with an injury for the third time. The Lakers said the injury probably was a torn Achilles tendon and would have an MRI on Saturday.

"I hate it for Kobe. I hate it for L.A. I hate it for us," Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said.

Bryant spent most of Friday night's game against the Golden State Warriors getting banged up but didn't leave until apparently hurting his foot on a foul. He writhed in pain before knocking down two free throws with 3 minutes, 8 seconds left in the fourth quarter, then the Lakers fouled intentionally to get Bryant off the court.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2013/04/13/kobe-bryant-injury-foot-los-angeles-lakers-golden-state-warriors/2079509/

If this is true Kobe wont be back until midseason at best next year. This is a 8-10 month injury.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

A lot better ratings than the Spurs extinguishing the Jazz would get.

To be fair, any series involving the Spurs will sag TV ratings.

As for the Lakers, the only sure-fire way I can think that there's suspicious activity going on would be if they get in the playoffs, and somehow get past the quarterfinals. Because at that point, the most plausible accusation of fixing would be the league to draw a "Kobe vs. LeBron" NBA Finals.

This Lakers team does not at the slightest deserve to play past late April. Not this team. Not this slow, defensively-challenged, whining and moaning set of prima donnas. There's surely some bright spots (Blake, Clarke, Kobe these last couple of games) but Dwight and Gasol are poster men for playing coward basketball in the paint, while D'Antoni acts like a babysitter who doesn't care the kids and talks on the phone to pass the night. This team is too good for an epic missing of the playoffs, but seeing the same problems perpetuate against OKC (speed, Durant) and the Spurs (deep bench, pick and roll) makes me come to the conclusion that the West Finals is set in stone a rematch from last year's.

Archived