Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Waffles

New York Islanders moving to Brooklyn

158 posts in this topic

Just like Rat to spoil all the speculative fun.

Ratner seems busy with construction, just not the housing in Brooklyn he promised when he was allowed to build Barclays Center.

That makes sense, but realistically speaking, how many prospects worth a damn are even assigned to the ECHL? Even for a development-intensive organization like the Isles, generally it's your second-ranked goaltender so that he's not just gathering dust as your AHL backup, and maybe one longshot guy or two. Between guys in the AHL and the kids you're waiting on in juniors or college (some of them not even taking up 50-man roster slots), you can pretty much fill out your organization's prospect list. I mean, for the prospects they do have, it's certainly preferable to having them in, say, Boise, but organizationally speaking, it's not critical to have them up the road. Sounds more than anything like they're just salvaging their relationship with Bridgeport.

Man, I just hate this whole Brooklyn thing. It's going to be so awful.

About the only benefit I see with having both the AHL and ECHL playing so close to the parent club is for injury/rehab purposes. An Islander can get treatment at the team's facility during the day, then get in a game with the AHL or ECHL team (whichever team happens to be in town) in the evening.

Who needs homes when you have sports?

Sports build homes though. At least they do in New Orleans.

New York Rangers of New Jersey? Considering that both the Jets and Giants play in the Meadowlands, and the Devils now play in Newark, I'm sure that the Izod wouldn't mind hosting a major league tenant again, even temporarily.

I think the Rangers would be crazy not to move into a Madison Sq. Garden V. The Izod/Nassau would only be a temporary home.

Who needs homes when you have sports?

Sports build homes though. At least they do in New Orleans.

Or so the NFL tells me.