MLB throwback/special uniform thread

ThorSkaagi

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful.

Wish the Reds didn't join this stupid trend.

It's actually the second time they've worn them this year.

They looked much better this time when they didn't wear the black BP caps.

The only reason I don't like them is because they break with the century old tradition of wearing the Creds logo on the left chest for home games.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Awful.

Wish the Reds didn't join this stupid trend.

It's actually the second time they've worn them this year.

They looked much better this time when they didn't wear the black BP caps.

The only reason I don't like them is because they break with the century old tradition of wearing the Creds logo on the left chest for home games.

Same here, although they did break from that tradition at least part-time in 1936 and 1937. I hate the script logo, though, and feel it was a pointless addition, regardless of when or where it's worn or displayed.

nl_1937_cincinnati.gif

• 3 months later...

Sure. Just leave my Brewers out of it.

The Crew can bring everything from that era back except pullovers and sansabelts.

The Beloit Brewers once wore uniforms similar to Milwaukee's 1990-93 set except with pullover jerseys and sansabelt pants. Those looked pretty good.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but since retiring his number on Sunday 9/22, the Yanks have worn patches on their selves and caps with the "Mariano Rivera Final Season" logo. It's unknown if they will be worn on the road as well.

new-york-yankees-relief-pitcher-mariano-

390d70f697708b203e0f6a70670099ed.jpg

img23862803.jpg

Kinda funny that Rivera's wearing a patch with his own name on it.

Does that make Mariano Rivera the only player in New York Yankees history to wear his name on his uniform? XD

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sure. Just leave my Brewers out of it.

The Crew can bring everything from that era back except pullovers and sansabelts.

The Beloit Brewers once wore uniforms similar to Milwaukee's 1990-93 set except with pullover jerseys and sansabelt pants. Those looked pretty good.

I thought they switched over to belts about the same time the Milwaukee club did?

5f7dd9ea-95c5-4eef-91ba-0d049e169b3d.jpg

Archived