Orlando Thunder Logo

EJ_Barlik

I hated those facemasks.

My middle school had two options - the thick plastic facemasks with the bar in the middle or the thick plastic facemasks without the bar. Hard to say which looked less goofy. Our helmets looked just like the Texas State Armadillos in Necessary Roughness without the logo decals. Kelly green with white plastic facemasks.

0.jpg

I ended up playing cornerback with the lineman's facemask and it bothered me the whole season.

There's nothing wrong with that facemask in that pic.

Everyone here has a reason why they fell in love with sports logo design, or else you wouldn't be on this board. Mine is the Birmingham Fire.

When I saw this logo in high school in the early 90s, I knew I wanted to do something in sports design (which evolved into sports marketing). But the Fire has always had a special place in my heart. So when I saw someone post 20mm Fire helmet decals on eBay, I was willing to spend $100+ to win that auction. Here's the lovely result (on a navy helmet):

BFire-1.jpg

Cards.png

Montreal had light red/navy/light red helmet stripes, the NY/NJ Knights helmet was a traditional silver with gold/black/gold helmet stripes, ... and the San Antonio helmet had white/gold/white stripes.

machinet2.JPG31Lq90iYL8L.jpg14197-146Fr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone here has a reason why they fell in love with sports logo design, or else you wouldn't be on this board. Mine is the Birmingham Fire.

When I saw this logo in high school in the early 90s, I knew I wanted to do something in sports design (which evolved into sports marketing). But the Fire has always had a special place in my heart. So when I saw someone post 20mm Fire helmet decals on eBay, I was willing to spend $100+ to win that auction. Here's the lovely result (on a navy helmet):

BFire-1.jpg

Great story and amazing result!

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if the updated logos got posted?

yeah - what he (er, I) said....

Well, I checked the mothership, and the logo has not been posted.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived