Brewers Logo Contest

amare32

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is that "getting it wrong"? Shame on Milwaukee fans for wanting a free t-shirt that represents the years that the Brewers were actually good!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How is that "getting it wrong"? Shame on Milwaukee fans for wanting a free t-shirt that represents the years that the Brewers were actually good!

Does anyone else think the Brewers -- w/ Sheets, Capuano, CLee, Fielder, Overbay, Weeks -- are on the upswing?

Oh no doubt, the Brewers look good so far this year, but last year they looked good up to the All-Star break and suddenly and totally fell off the face of the planet and finished in sixth again. So let's withhold our Brewer praise for juuuust a few more weeks.

yeah...holding a nearby seat to the whole development, it's all a matter of time now. the NL Central's gonna be one tough division.

shoot, i was just readin in USA today about how the Pirates are on the way up...and I know the Brewers are gonna be contenders next year-it won't be an anomaly like the Royals' 03 season was.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I don't think they'll contend this year. Maybe next year, tho. They're developing some nice arms. And they've got good young hitters, too. I think Overbay will be dealt to make room for Fielder, tho prolly not until the offseason. Depending on what they get, they'll be a force as soon as 2006.

brewers.gif

i wouldnt mind seeing this incorporated into a BP or ALT jersey. i really like it but i might be the only one :D

imo thats nice, but it looks to much like the padres swinging fryer, and in all fairnes the fryer is more well known.

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

:mad: ..... :D

I saw, I came, I left.

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

:mad: ..... :D

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

:notworthy:

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

DEATH TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

:mad:  ..... :D

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

HAIL TO THE GLOVE LOGO!

:notworthy:

Hey we could have a duet to the tune of "Hail to the Bus Driver" :)

I saw, I came, I left.

the glove logo is clever but it has nothing to do with the name brewers. The logo they have now however does show a little bit about what a brewer actually is. A high school baseball team we played used the glove logo, their name was the midland bears, so it is pretty generic I think.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Of course the new identity is superior in terms of looking nice and being relevant. But the glove is solid, not too offensive considering its contemporaries, and everybody seems to like it even though there's nothing distinctly excellent about it, except the people who feel they have to be cool by trashing the popular choice.

You gotta love the glove.

Granted, today's Brewer logo may seem more appropriate, more modern, etc., but it reminds me all too much that the team is basically an advertising vehicle for Miller Beer. Nothing against the look, but while I searched high and low for a "glove" hat a few years ago to add to my collection, I wouldn't wear their current had if they paid me to do it.

A modernized version of the old glove would look fantastic, would take a half-step back from the not-so subtle corporate whoring its done for Miller since the new stadium was built, bring in new merchandising revenue for the team, and would be a 'feel good' move with older fans.

nav-logo.png

At the risk of repeating my two-year-old's favorite word, "No," I don't like their current look. Nor do I really like the ball-and-glove. In fact, I would argue that they have never had a good look in their entire history, for different reasons.

Packers-2.png

Archived