Nifty Wisconsin T-Shirt

DrBear

I like it.

I think the ® and ? marks in the copy underneath are very annoying. Since when are state names trademarked? It's one thing if the full school name was used, but just the states?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I like it.

I think the ® and ? marks in the copy underneath are very annoying. Since when are state names trademarked? It's one thing if the full school name was used, but just the states?

That's pretty funny. I'm going to have to go back and trademark my diploma from North Carolina?, since I may have a counterfeit one.

Best guess: since the schools generally have wordmarks bearing just the short form of the school's name, they have taken out a limited trademarks of some sort covering these popular forms of their names (i.e. University of North Carolina, UNC, North Carolina, Carolina). But I would think that these trademarks are only limited to when the graphic wordmark is used. Maybe they were erring on the side of caution, or maybe the source she used for the schedule used wordmarks to represent the schedule and she copied them verbatim without thinking about it too much.

It is eye-catching, and not in a good way, because the design is sweet.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The design is really eye catching and something different from everything I have seen lately.

As for the ® and the TM, I know that the University of Kansas is really strick about all of that. I work for a screenprinter and it seems like everything they send us needs one. (Rock Chalk, KU, Kansas, The University of Kansas, etc.) And it doesn't matter what font they are in. I am still new here so I'll have to ask around a bit for the reasoning behind all of this.

KUHawks.png

For some reason, I don't dig it...looks too plain.

And in addition to the annoying trademark symbols...there's Bowling Green, Temple and North Carolina...looks like Alvarez's trademark cupcake non-conference schedule. *sigh*

Bring on Big Blue...and :censored: 'em, Bucky!

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

Most non-conference games are scheduled years in advance. In the case of the UNC game, it was scheduled in principle about 7 years ago, and they were much better back then (AP Top 10 finishes, '96, '97). It's not Wisconsin's fault that they scheduled the game before the Heels went into the dumper. In fact, look at UNC's out of conference opponents - who in their right mind would schedule the likes of Utah, Louisville, Texas and Wisconsin the last few years, especially when UNC has been so poor lately (14 games below .500 over the past 6 seasons). And Michigan, Colorado, Notre Dame and Washington loom on UNC's horizon.

So Wisconsin gets a pass on that one. Temple and Bowling Green... umm, yeah. Can't help the Badgers there. :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 3 weeks later...

YOu guys seriously think Bowling Green will be a cake walk for Wisconsin???

You are spending too much time designing logos and such, Bowling Green is not a cupcake. Just ask Purdue and Northwestern and Ohio State for that matter.

fade.gif

YOu guys seriously think Bowling Green will be a cake walk for Wisconsin???

You are spending too much time designing logos and such, Bowling Green is not a cupcake.  Just ask Purdue and Northwestern and Ohio State for that matter.

Fully agree with you Iowahoo, BGSU will be tough. And I fully agree with you too, VitaminD, not the school's fault if the team they signed up to play just happens to go in the tank the years they play them. (P.S. This is the 2nd time recently that the Badgers have been burned--Arizona became gawd-awful by the time Wisconsin played them) This is the problem with MAC teams (and other teams beyond the 6 BCS conferences); they're nobody in the eyes of major-conference teams' fans until they beat you. Case in point last year, my Gophers had Toledo and Colorado State, we beat them both quite handily, then they both went in the tank, so the misconception that Minnesota doesn't beat anybody still holds true. :P

sportsbanner-single.jpg

It's pretty sweet. How long before Michigan and Ohio State copy it?

Actually, Michigan has been doing a student shirt for 3 years now. Of course, we stole it from Notre Dame. At both schools, the student section was a sea of maize/green. Now, this season UM's shirt is blue, and ND's gold. Meh.

spikes.jpg

Case in point last year, my Gophers had Toledo and Colorado State, we beat them both quite handily, then they both went in the tank, so the misconception that Minnesota doesn't beat anybody still holds true. :P

Actually, Firearm-

Toledo went on to win the MAC last year despite getting blownout early on by Minny and Kansas. I shouldn't stick up for Toledo since they are BG's arch rival, but they were the conference champs last year.

I watched that game (Toledo-Minn) with a bunch of Toledo scum, I mean fans, and it was great watching you guys run all over them! (as a mac fan u have to root for the mac team to pull an upset, even the arch rival, but when the game was in hand after 1 quarter I was hoping for the century mark from the gophers!)

fade.gif

Case in point last year, my Gophers had Toledo and Colorado State, we beat them both quite handily, then they both went in the tank, so the misconception that Minnesota doesn't beat anybody still holds true.  :P

Actually, Firearm-

Toledo went on to win the MAC last year despite getting blownout early on by Minny and Kansas. I shouldn't stick up for Toledo since they are BG's arch rival, but they were the conference champs last year.

I watched that game (Toledo-Minn) with a bunch of Toledo scum, I mean fans, and it was great watching you guys run all over them! (as a mac fan u have to root for the mac team to pull an upset, even the arch rival, but when the game was in hand after 1 quarter I was hoping for the century mark from the gophers!)

I realize that, but most people (especially here in Minnesota) were thinking "Well, they can't be THAT good if they got destroyed by two middling major-conference teams." The hype for that game was very positive too (radio stations here calling Toledo a legit Top 25 team), but all thoughts of Toledo being a "good" team went out the window with that win--on the national scene, you can't make up for it by beating "only" MAC teams. I was at that game, and by about the 4th TD I was like "Whoa... we're absolutely destroying the credibility of Toledo as a good non-conference opponent." ^_^

And yes, have fun watching us this coming year, because there will be two Heisman candidates on the field every Gopher game: Laurence Maroney and the QB of the other team. :P

sportsbanner-single.jpg

So Wisconsin gets a pass on that one.  Temple and Bowling Green... umm, yeah.  Can't help the Badgers there.  :P

the Bowling Green game scares me...heck, we had a tough time with Akron last year. Temple...well, UW should win that one, I have visions of Indiana stomping all over us (again) should UW underestimate em :wacko:

And yes, have fun watching us this coming year, because there will be two Heisman candidates on the field every Gopher game: Laurence Maroney and the QB of the other team.

oh yeah...unless the QB's John Stocco...god he sucks :evil:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It's pretty sweet.  How long before Michigan and Ohio State copy it?

Actually, Michigan has been doing a student shirt for 3 years now. Of course, we stole it from Notre Dame. At both schools, the student section was a sea of maize/green. Now, this season UM's shirt is blue, and ND's gold. Meh.

Like Camp Randall won't be a sea of red (err, cardinal) anyway, regardless of this shirt's existance. That said, I'm going to get one.

And yes, have fun watching us this coming year, because there will be two Heisman candidates on the field every Gopher game: Laurence Maroney and the QB of the other team.

oh yeah...unless the QB's John Stocco...god he sucks :evil:

He sure as hell tore up the Gophers last year. :wacko:

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Archived