players in fantasy uniforms

fiasco!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa, even the gloves are team colored...nicely done. If I didn't suck at photoshop, or even had photoshop, I'd do mine(plus, I haven't come up with a logo or uni set for my team). Maybe I'll get around to it within a week or so.

This is John Brown University's logo recolored and with the "neck" taken off.

No, it's not.

I know for a fact that Joel drew the logo. It's not stolen, recolored or flipped from anything.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This is John Brown University's logo recolored and with the "neck" taken off.

Bird head facing to the right? Check.

Sharp beak? Check.

Shading to represent feathers? Check.

Looks like a match to me.

:upside:

Does it really matter , since its a fantasy concept anywaze ?

It matters because badgerguy is impugning Joel's reputation by suggesting that the logo was a ripoff.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

not a complete ripoff?

not a ripoff at all. at the time i designed this, i had never seen the John Brown logo. the inspiration for this logo is basically a cross between the philly eagles and seattle seahawks logos. i originally designed it when i heard UNC-Wilmington was mulling an identity change.

not a complete ripoff?

not a ripoff at all.  at the time i designed this, i had never seen the John Brown logo. the inspiration for this logo is basically a cross between the philly eagles and seattle seahawks logos.  i originally designed it when i heard UNC-Wilmington was mulling an identity change.

And either way, there are only so many options for drawing a fierce looking bird. You're likely to come away with something resembling some existing logo no matter what you do.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Nobody has even commented how the JBU logo is ANOTHER obvious Philadelphia Eagles Ripoff??

crazy.

it looks nothing like either. it looks like a professional logo, so it does have that in common.

Joely, you are taking this better than I would. If people were claiming my 100% original work was a knock-off i'd be letting the feathers fly.

sorry about that pun. i know it was terrible.

I'm under the impression that doing this is really, really, really hard*. You have to get the shadows right, and you need to find a decent picture to work with.

You also have to actually know how to use illustrator.

(*Obvious understatement)

philly.png

I'm finding it hard to understand the logic in accusing Joel in ripping off the logo. Ok, so it's a bird, and it's just the head. THe only thing similar, other than the previously mentioned, is the little notch in the beak, but it's probably a characteristic of the bird.

Aside from that, GoNords....those sigs are sweet.

Archived