my fantasy league's uni's

leggman01

presenting my fantasy football team...the holly springs hawks...as displayed on bucco b's new action uniform template...pretty nice stuff and the template is pretty straight forward and easy to use...big props to bucco for designing the template and sharing it with me - thanks

the uniform design is purposefully simple and there is no alternate...it's my personal style - let me know what you think

hawkunifr4.png

edit: i'm going to add some of the other teams in the league to this thread...enjoy!

jldesigns404eo.png

not bad. did you make the logo from scratch too? can you post it bigger?

id rather see an original piece like this than any more of those :censored:ing pointless 'crossover'

threads. well done for trying to actually create something new.

I dunno why, but I really like this. it is very simple, and the differences inbetween each uniform are minimal, but looks good. Maybe show the logos and wordmarks aswell with the concept.

skye...do you recognize those numbers :)

those are the numbers you designed for the Methodist University package...I think they look great and can't wait to see them in real life on the field for MU

I'll post the logos later today for everyone to get a look at them...i actually posted them about a year ago when i first designed them, but they've been re-colored - i initially proposed the set for the local high school, but they did not use them...pitty, 'cause they're now using about 6 different clip-art hawks and have ZERO identity

edit: here are the logos, up close and in person

hawkra1.png

hspaltlw6.png

jldesigns404eo.png

Did you make that template? Great stuff!

actually, it's bucco b's template and it is awesome!

That font is masque eh? It's one of my favourites.

you are correct, sir...i thought the letters really echoed the feathers in the bird, and it really works well for this application

I don't get why the lettering is HSP and not just HS. I've never seen an abbreviation done that way before and especially not in sports, but I could just be sheltered.

the town abbreviates the name as hsp, so my fantasy team does, as well :) - i also like the uniqueness that it provides and i think the P balances the H and S well, from a design standpoint...the only negative is that it makes it a strong vertical application, and it's tough to use anywhere you need a more horizontal orientation...it looks great as a baseball cap mark, though

the high school (holly springs high school) that i originally intended this logo for uses HSHS or just HS (with a small S and the right downward leg of the H overlapping the S, making it look like a dollar sign...horrible)

jldesigns404eo.png

presenting my fantasy football team...the holly springs hawks...as displayed on bucco b's new action uniform template...pretty nice stuff and the template is pretty straight forward and easy to use...big props to bucco for designing the template and sharing it with me - thanks

the uniform design is purposefully simple and there is no alternate...it's my personal style - let me know what you think

hawkunifr4.png

So I see that template worked for you...

I am really impressed at how this turned out! (And then you had to one-up me by adding a highlight to the helmet...d'oh! Nah--just messin...)

That said, green is one of the most underused colors in sports today...possibly of all time. And it and gold can work so good together, as this concept shows. I see that number thing got you too (hey--that bending/warping/arcing/arcHing/splitting paths thing ain't anywhere near as easy as it might look, but you still get the visual.

Very solid. Nice hawk logo, too.

(You know, it's sad...for as creative as I can be at drafting identity packages, I actually am nowhere NEAR that skilled in sports logo design...I have been practicing though...some samples to debut soon.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

looks really great bucco. my only complaint is with the hawk. it looks like his bottom lip is a human lip. just seems kind of weird to me. other than me being very picky, it looks great. i love that template.

Picture21.png

looks really great bucco. my only complaint is with the hawk. it looks like his bottom lip is a human lip. just seems kind of weird to me. other than me being very picky, it looks great. i love that template.

Uh...I think you got the wrong man there, folk.

Leggman did the concept; I just provided the template (which, if you want, I can e-mail to you--I believe it was you who was asking a while ago right after I first unveiled it). PM me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

I love the concept.

No love for Cary though?

cary is a great place to shop and eat...hsp is a great place to live :)

bucco b - got any suggestions on the numbers? on the front numbers, i actually tried to align them with the shoulder pads and tried to stay on the line the pads are on (they're actually pretty level), then i gave them a little "bulge" to make them seem a little rounded and give the appearance that they were wrapping around the chest - on the sleeves i used the seem as my guide, and tried to align them that way (again, giving a little "bulge" for depth) - i think i may have shown a little too much of the number on each of the sleeves, but you're right...it's not easy figuring out how much should show and exactly where to put the numbers...those were the ONLY bugs i found with this template...it's one of the easiest to use...you did a fantastic job with it

jldesigns404eo.png

I love the concept.

No love for Cary though?

cary is a great place to shop and eat...hsp is a great place to live :)

bucco b - got any suggestions on the numbers? on the front numbers, i actually tried to align them with the shoulder pads and tried to stay on the line the pads are on (they're actually pretty level), then i gave them a little "bulge" to make them seem a little rounded and give the appearance that they were wrapping around the chest - on the sleeves i used the seem as my guide, and tried to align them that way (again, giving a little "bulge" for depth) - i think i may have shown a little too much of the number on each of the sleeves, but you're right...it's not easy figuring out how much should show and exactly where to put the numbers...those were the ONLY bugs i found with this template...it's one of the easiest to use...you did a fantastic job with it

Only thing I can tell you to do is to keep playing with it until you find a formula that works with the numbers. It'll be harder with rounded numbers such as yours just due to trying establish sight- and breaklines and that type of thing. I'm pretty sure at some point I'll devise a simpler formula for manipulating those numbers onto the jerseys, but for right now, it's all experimantation.

here is team #2, the cape fear canes - the uniforms are to the owners specs...he's a big panthers fan, and loves the panthers uni's - edge is his keeper rb, hence #32

canesuniko0.png

Ericcson Cellphone Blue appears once again!!! (Remember...I COINED THAT NAME!)

Now...having said that, I think this looks a little TOO MUCH like the Panthers. (This is a fantasy team, right? If so, then disregard the second part of the previous statement.) To me, and maybe it's just me, I wouldn't let the silver dominate, because that EC blue really pops out against that black (plus the Carolina Hurricanes use silver only as a trim too, so there's precedence for that, know what I'm talkin bout?). Also, methinks the pants could use some type of stripe...maybe similar to the shoulder stripes (even though that would bring the look even CLOSER to the NFL's Panthers), but..still...

One other thing: I know there's a lot of folks who ain't too crazy about oblique numerals on football uniforms, but me tends to think teams whose identity invokes any sense of motion or speed could benefit from using oblique numerals (see the Chicago Rush and, to a lesser degree, the Colorado Crush).

One other thing I'd like to add: not that I'm any kind of authoritative figure on logo design (to this day I've only managed exactly ONE fantasy logo design attempt on these boards), but to me, it seems like more could be cone with bothe the "C" logo and the hurrricane logo with the "CF" inset. Looking at it, maybe you can somehow work a sort of zigzaggy "CF" into an illustration of a hurricane (and maybe building off the "C" logo might just be a good place to start that).

Not bad though, overall. Glad to see you having so much fun with that player temp, too.

bucco - the canes uni is VERY much like the panthers uni, and that's by design and at the request of the team owner...if you didn't like that one, i'm afraid you really won't like this one :) - except for the alt, it's an exact rip-off of the ohio state...again at the request of the fantasy team owner, who is a HUGE buckeyes fan (thankfully, there are no gators fans in our league, but there is a michigan fan...and his team will be next)...willie parker is the keeper rb

rushuniuo0.png

and this site will show you what i've done with other canes logo's...the one used on the helmet was originally designed as a secondary logo, but i think it makes a pretty strong helmet logo

i think i'm getting the hang of the numbers...

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived