How many Canucks concepts will it take?

rmered

Well and truly discussed my reasoning behind this in the other forum.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=49959

It seems obvious they are going to change at some stage, and this version of Johhny Canuck is just as likely as a badger, or a beaver or a rooster.

So, hell, why not?

Here's another Canucks concept.

Canucks-Concept.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

heh, that logo is pretty sweet, but it just seems to go in a whole other direction, which is why I love it. The only thing I don't like is that the sleeve stripes don't seem to go with the logo.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

heh, that logo is pretty sweet, but it just seems to go in a whole other direction, which is why I love it. The only thing I don't like is that the sleeve stripes don't seem to go with the logo.

Well, I was looking to do a version with the All Star template, so that's all I had to work with.

Those jerseys are going to be tighter too, so it won't look exactly like this either.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I love it!

I think the striping is good as it. The way you have it means the Canucks could continue to wear/sell the vintage stick-in-rink sweaters without it looking to much like the primary. Great job all around.

The idea was to try and keep as much of the old style and include the new, which they apparently have no say in, it's coming whether they like it or not.

So the 40s Fighter pilot, the stick in rink logo and the Blue and Green are from the past.

While, the darkening of the colours, and the uniform design are from the present.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Sorry, I know you're a fan, but I'm just not feeling this at all.

I really dislike all the Reebok All Star jersey concepts that everyone is shaking their stick at. The Canucks have a classic uniform already so why go with this tucked in look? It's like buffalo going back to blue and gold and wearing those god awful things. Stop teasing us with a colour change and a disconnected logo.

A change like this won't please the true Canuck fans that live and die with the team. This would only confuse the fan base more. Dare I say they'd be better off sticking with the hated Orca and current uniforms than going off on yet another crazy uniform design tangent.

As a fan I don't want them to just change the colours. Tweak the classic 1974 jerseys and absolutely include the rink logo. You can come up with secondary or primary mark but it absolutely must be an instant classic and have some connection to the past. We've suffered enough bad logos to last a lifetime.

Sorry again, but your logo really doesn't connect with the tradition of the team. Johnny Canuck in terms of the Vancouver Canucks was not an aviator. He was a hockey player and should be seen in full profile skating. Thats the classic look and don't anyone dare mess with it.

In a recent non-scientific poll on the team1040.ca regarding Canuck logo's

the rink stick logo came out on top with somewhere around 56% of the popular vote. In second was Johnny Canuck with around 22% followed by the current Orca and Skate logo's with approximately 14% each.

Considering the Johnny Canuck logo hasn't been on a sweater in over forty years that's saying something. You can bet if it was exposed to the public in a tasteful design it would be even more popular. And what does it say about the Orca if it ties for last with the ugly Skate logo........The fans simply don't like it.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Hahah that's not half bad! Totally not what anyone would expect, but it makes sense. The V seems a little blocky though...maybe it could be stylised a little more at the bottom so its not just a flat base, I dunno. But I really can't fault it. The colours re-affirm my love for the blue and green for the Canucks, and keeping the rink and stick logo as a shoulder patch definitley gets the thumbsup from me.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Very nice concept, Mero.

My only thought - and it's a little trite, but what the hell - concerns the sleeve striping. Given the team's history of putting the "V" anywhere and everywhere, it would make more sense for a Canucks concept to have the sleeve stripes form small "V"s instead of the wavy lines.

That aside, nice work. Love the Johnny Canuck.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Very nice concept, Mero.

My only thought - and it's a little trite, but what the hell - concerns the sleeve striping. Given the team's history of putting the "V" anywhere and everywhere, it would make more sense for a Canucks concept to have the sleeve stripes form small "V"s instead of the wavy lines.

That aside, nice work. Love the Johnny Canuck.

Thanks mate.

The problem with the sleeves is that's the new template.

I was basing it on the idea that every team had to wear the All Star template, so therefore this is how they'd end up looking.

To me, it would make even more sense for this uniform to have the striping like the current throwbacks, which is how I would do it, however, then it's not the new unis either.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived