Philadelphia Eagles Concept

bohob

This is an Eagles concept I have been working on. I tried to incorporate the curves of the wings into the uniform design. I made the green more kelly green, instead of midnight snot. Black was necessary for the uniform, silver drop shadows do not work. C&C welcome.

Eagles Uniforms

I'm diggin the look of those silver pants and the kelly green. Kinda hard to spot details when it's so small, but for some reason I'm not really liking the pant stripe. I would try and go with something more traditional. Really nice work though!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Hmmm... I wish it were bigger so I could see details, but from what I see, you have a nice concept. I personaly like Midnight jade over Kelly green, but this still doesnt look bad. I agree with kewp on the pant stripe, though. Id say go for a modern stripe, just sonmething thats a little less static, if you know what I mean. I mean that use a more relaxed stripe that doesnt have so much going on. but even still, great work!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

This is an Eagles concept I have been working on. I tried to incorporate the curves of the wings into the uniform design. I made the green more kelly green, instead of midnight snot. Black was necessary for the uniform, silver drop shadows do not work. C&C welcome.

Eagles Uniforms

I like it. Bringing the silver pants back into the fold gives them a nice retro look (unlike those blue and yellow unis we saw earlier in the season.......).

My only problem with it: Image is too small.

I like the switch back to the kelly green and probably even more so the silver pants.

The black is fine as a trim color and the black jersey is a sharp alternate.

But black pants for the Eagles must never see the light of day.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

With the black alternate, I figured black jerseys wouldn't work with silver or white pants. Plus, if I paired them with green pants, the piping would be inconsistent. Thats why I went with black. I also disagree that more traditional pants would be better for this concept because they wouldn't fit with the jerseys at all. Any thoughts on pants options for the black jersey? I think silver pants would be too Raiders, but I'll try it if people are intrigued by the idea.

With the black alternate, I figured black jerseys wouldn't work with silver or white pants. Plus, if I paired them with green pants, the piping would be inconsistent. Thats why I went with black. I also disagree that more traditional pants would be better for this concept because they wouldn't fit with the jerseys at all. Any thoughts on pants options for the black jersey? I think silver pants would be too Raiders, but I'll try it if people are intrigued by the idea.

Um the Oakland Raiders have silver pants and black jerseys, looks pretty good to me.

Nice concept, I think a darker green would work better with the black and silver. I?m not a fan of the pant stripping, like on the silver pants instead of having green on just the bottom and top of the pants have it going down the whole pants.

I have to say that I really don't like the monochrome looks that you have presented. The jersey design also seems too "cookie cutter" if I may say. I do like the switch back to kelly green, though. I say that because for some reason these days, so many updates with sports uniforms and logos always lean towards darkening a color...if not that, they just add black to the scheme (which I am not against adding black to the scheme, a lot of time it helps).

I think more silver could definitely help out. The Raiders have no ownership over silver, although for some reason they think they do (i.e. Panthers inauguration).

In closing, I would like to see a design that "fits" the Eagles better. I think the number font can stay, but more work on the uniform template is something I would prefer...something that stands out and when other college or high school teams eventually use it, you can say "oh that is the *team name here* look"...like Denver Broncos or ATL Falcons for example.

Um the Oakland Raiders have silver pants and black jerseys, looks pretty good to me.

Nice concept, I think a darker green would work better with the black and silver. I?m not a fan of the pant stripping, like on the silver pants instead of having green on just the bottom and top of the pants have it going down the whole pants.

That's just it. The Raiders have black and silver. And so do the Panthers and Lions. In addition, I went all black for the sake of consistency in the piping/striping. Plus a darker green will just look too much like black, which is one of the issues with the current set. Also, the idea with the pants is to match the jerseys. The jerseys have accent pieces, not continuous accents.

Also, how do people feel about the modernization of the logo & wordmark?

Eagles logos & wordmarks

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say that I really don't like the monochrome looks that you have presented. The jersey design also seems too "cookie cutter" if I may say. I do like the switch back to kelly green, though. I say that because for some reason these days, so many updates with sports uniforms and logos always lean towards darkening a color...if not that, they just add black to the scheme (which I am not against adding black to the scheme, a lot of time it helps).

I think more silver could definitely help out. The Raiders have no ownership over silver, although for some reason they think they do (i.e. Panthers inauguration).

In closing, I would like to see a design that "fits" the Eagles better. I think the number font can stay, but more work on the uniform template is something I would prefer...something that stands out and when other college or high school teams eventually use it, you can say "oh that is the *team name here* look"...like Denver Broncos or ATL Falcons for example.

Cookie-cutter? I can't say I agree. Modern? Yes. I have seen a lot of football uniforms and never have I seen this striping/piping pattern. All the Nike ones put the piping across the lower back or stomach. I used the curves in the wing to develop the pattern. However, please look over the logos and wordmarks.

Is this a good modernization for the logo?

Also, I tried to stay away from going throwback because the Eagles never really had a timeless throwback.

Archived