UNC-Greensboro Football

sc49erfan15

Got the idea for this team from a co-worker at the fireworks warehouse I work at, who just graduated from a junior college in Indiana and is going to play tennis at UNC-Greensboro. This also rounds-out every school in the University of North Carolina system, as Appalachian State, East Carolina, Elizabeth City State, Fayetteville State, NC A&T, NC Central, NC State, UNC, UNC-Pembroke, Western Carolina and Winston-Salem State already have teams, and I've done concepts for UNC-Asheville, UNC-Charlotte, UNC-Wilmington, and now UNC-Greensboro.

The Spartans of the University of North Carolina-Greensboro:

UNCGFootball2.png

-Holy Logos, Batman! I had an absolute field day with this one. This was one of my favorite identities to work with - UNCG had a plethora of logos (a primary, wordmark, and FIVE alternates!) of which I only included five on the sheet because the other two (the shield with just the "G" and the spartan head I used on the away) were included in the other logos.

-Obviously, I exploited the "Greek Key" design as much as possible. I've never seen it used on a uniform before, so I thought that made it very unique while still staying within the confines of their identity. I also thought it was fitting that the designs make "G"s when viewed horizontally - I'm sure that was intentional.

Other than that, I don't think there's much to explain...it should be pretty easy to tell where I got the ideas for everything from. Overall, this is one of my favorite concepts I've done during this series, and one that I'm most pleased with as well. What do you guys think?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

It's great, except for a few minor details. To me, the yellow collar on the blue jersey seems out of place, mainly because it doesn't have the Greek Key. Maybe make it them white? Although the more I look at it, the more I don't have a problem with it. On the helmet, do both sides have the same logo, or is the opposite side leaning forward as well? Otherwise, hell of a job with this one, and the series in general.

I really like the detail on the shoulder hoops and the pant stripes, but I think you could come up with a better helmet logo.

Yeah,i think the Spartan head would've made a better helmet logo. ;)

also incorporate the stripping used for the shoulders and pants stripes into the neck collar as well.

I really like the detail on the shoulder hoops and the pant stripes, but I think you could come up with a better helmet logo.

Yeah,i think the Spartan head would've made a better helmet logo. ;)

also incorporate the stripping used for the shoulders and pants stripes into the neck collar as well.

I think adding the greek key to the collar would be overkill, leaving the collar clean is the way to go. I would like to see the helmet use the shield from the Spartan with just the stylized G as the logo. Do not use the spartan head as the helmet logo this would reek of USC, SJSU, and MSU.

-Obviously, I exploited the "Greek Key" design as much as possible. I've never seen it used on a uniform before, so I thought that made it very unique while still staying within the confines of their identity. I also thought it was fitting that the designs make "G"s when viewed horizontally - I'm sure that was intentional.

Looks nice, reminds me of the Michigan State 2000 NCAA champs hoops uni.

mateen-cleave.jpg

Great set!

Modern, with a cool theam but not overboard!

Great work!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Thanks for the comments guys.

As far as the striping goes, I definitely didn't want it to be overkill, so I left it on just the shoulder stripes and off the cuffs.

Other than that, the only beef seemed to be with the helmet logo - changed it to the "G" shield. I still prefer the original "UNCG" logo, but wanted to throw this out there anyway.

UNCGFootball3.png

And I forgot about those Michigan State jerseys - if it wasn't for the ugly numbers and wordmark, those would have been a hot set!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 3 months later...

I know this has been dead for a while, but I just want to take a moment and say wow, one of my dreams has just come true. I know this is just a concept, but for a second I could believe my school has a football team. Great work, my only comment is that the word mark below the collar and the spartan chest patch makes it look a little busy, kind of like the new NC State jerseys. Great Job, and thank you.

I agree that the cuffs and collar on the blue jersey should be either blue or silver. White's probably a bit bright, and the current gold color draws away from the AWESOME greek key stripes. However, awesome as they are, I also agree that the cuffs and collar should be solid. You already have the five greek key stripes on the uniform. It seems to be the exact number to emphasize the design while maintaining good taste.

Personally, I'd remove the UNCG Shield logo from the pants stripe. The greek key stripe would be better served uninterrupted, IMO.

And, for a nice finishing touch, I'd change the belt in both sets of pants to the gold, to echo the logo.

• 3 weeks later...

Muy bien, mate. I absolutely love what you did with these. I was thinking to myself if you slapped on MSU paraphernalia, made a color swap from blue/yellow to green/white, and SHAZAM! Instant MSU update! That way Javon Ringer would be running in style!

...*ahem* I digress. Very beautiful stuff mate.

Michigan-State-Spartans.pnggeorgia-bulldogs.png

ghffdg.png

"Does thou love life? If so, do not squander it." - Ben Franklin

Archived