Philadelphia Phillies Concept

Anomalied

My first concept in a while... I've always advocated a return to maroon, seeing as there is such an abundance of red in the league (Angels, Cardinals, Reds, etc). I added the light blue as an accent and used a script from an old secondary logo for a retro feel.

philliesrz3.jpg

Let me know what you think.

i've always prefered that logo.

my critiques:

maroon numbers on both home and road... third jersey should have white numbers, outlined in blue.

also, i'd go with no more than 2-color names on the back.

also, i'd drop the blue P and road hat. the other hat is 10x nicer.

I did something like this a few weeks ago using the newer Phillies logos. I like what you have done here although I am not a fan of the old script. I, like you, wanted to go back to maroon with light blue accents. You pull off a good clean concept here. Maybe a sleeve patch? Or you can put the numbers back on the sleeve like they have now. Good job.

I did something like this a few weeks ago using the newer Phillies logos. I like what you have done here although I am not a fan of the old script. I, like you, wanted to go back to maroon with light blue accents. You pull off a good clean concept here. Maybe a sleeve patch? Or you can put the numbers back on the sleeve like they have now. Good job.
Thanks. I added the Liberty Bell alternate on to the sleeve. I had meant to do that originally, but forgot.

Something about having the same script on both the home and away jerseys bothers me. I would rather see the "p" hat logo over the heart and place some numbers on the otherside of the chest. I believe this breaks up the all "phillies" wordmark. Maybe bring in some candy cane pinstripes? :) I love the return of maroon, the "normal" red is used way to much in the MLB. I think this is a good base to an excellent concept! Great Work!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

OK, I updated the concept based on your suggestions. Additions include...

- Darker maroon on all the uniforms.

- Maroon numbers on the backs of the home and road. White numbers on the alternate.

- Philadelphia script on the road uniform.

The update looks tons better! I still don't like the away hat as much, and the Philadelphia script could be cleaned up a bit, but you made a great update. At least it's unique; unlike half of the teams in the MLB it seems like these days.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Loving this!!!

I would lose the blue outline on the name on the Maroon;

Not sure if Philadelphia is not too long for the jersey..

Otherwise, I'd buy those...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I like these a lot. But what about maybe taking the Philadelphia on the road jersey and adding a little arc to it, like the name on the back? That might make it look a bit more natural fitting. Just a suggestion. But overall very well done.

newsig.jpg

mlb_sh_kalasobit_134.jpg

First off, no light blue piping. Make it maroon. That's the primary color here. Also, you haven't properly "managed" the use of light blue throughout the uniform. On the front, the wordmark has an outline of light blue (seperated by an unnecessary white outline) and the number is solid light blue, with no outline whatsoever (except the white that shows on the grays). However, on the back, the name and number are only maroon (again, white outline shows on the grays). This appears sloppy and unbalanced. Also, if you're gonna have the light blue bill on the road caps, leave the 'P' white. You only need to change the bill/button color, not the logo when it's the same one as the home.

Archived