New Aba Logos

Ez Street

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it makes me sad to see my hometown ABA team bite IUPUI's logo like that.....not a fan of the hardhats name or logo, but i think the portland reign should move to minnesota and change their name to the 'purple reign' and use prince's song as a theme.....i kinda like the reign logo too.

Hardhats? what do they do? just sit there? i'm a believer that mascots should at least be animate.

Seriously, these logos are horrible, stolen, and boring.

Buffalo pro hockey i.e. Joe is brilliant!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

if i was in front of my computer i could do an exact copy of the jammers logo... love the photoshop effects the "designer" used... jeesh... i seriously hope they did pay for that one and if they didnt they will pay for it dearly after

edit...am i seeing things or does the hard hat look like a guy from the columbus crew

edit part 2... i am seeing things though the idea is similar its not the same.... but it seems i have seen that face before

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

here is a dumb question:

What the hell does a Jaguar have to do with a "Jammer". Motown Jaguars would be better. The ABA logos are some of the worst i've seen. We've already mentioned the fact that Fresno's logo is a rip-off of the old Milwaukee Wave's logo. Not to mention the fact that Tiajuna is dangerously close to getting a call from Warner Brothers. It's sad to see a "Professional" league with rag-tag logos.

I used to live in Peoria, IL, which has an ECHL team called the rivermen. I was watching TV one day and saw a Div II or III Nat'l championship football game and one team (Lake Superior State????) had an identical logo. The next day it was in the sports section because the Riverman front office had seen it and it was used without permission. They were going to sue them or something.

I really don't know what ever came of it, but IUPUI should have a legit complaint.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I used to live in Peoria, IL, which has an ECHL team called the rivermen. I was watching TV one day and saw a Div II or III Nat'l championship football game and one team (Lake Superior State????) had an identical logo. The next day it was in the sports section because the Riverman front office had seen it and it was used without permission. They were going to sue them or something.

OnWis,

Did you mean Grand Valley State was using Peoria's logo? They are similar, but are not quite the same. I also wonder if that lawsuit came to anything. My guess is probably not. I sent GVS a logo a while back. See, if they just used mine there'd be no problem. (ha)

Anyway, These ABA logos are bad. Do they have to have the colored ball?

I was watching TV one day and saw a Div II or III Nat'l championship football game and one team (Lake Superior State????) had an identical logo.  The next day it was in the sports section because the Riverman front office had seen it and it was used without permission.  They were going to sue them or something.

never, EVER disparage my alma mater.....we would never, EVER be in a national championship football game, we don't have a football team....btw, our logo is:

lasu-logo.gif

and here is dirty grand valley state's logo:

grand%20valley%20state%20logo.gif

Yes it was Grand Valley State. They have changed the logo a bit. It used to look EXACTLY like the Peoria Rivermen (except the Riverman had a puck in his mouth)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It just gets better and better (tongue planted firmly in cheek) with this league.

Anybody that considers him/herself a sports fan is abundantly familiar with the myriad problems that Trenton/New Jersey Squires owner Wayne Butler created for himself this past season. Players not being paid... landlords not being paid... subcontractors for various services not being paid... games forced to be postponed/cancelled. It was a fiasco.

Well, now the "powers-that-be" at ABA headquarters have seen fit to give Butler the go-ahead to set up shop in The City of Brotherly Love. Butler says, "It's good to be home," in his native Philadelphia. ABA co-founder Joe Newman says, "We're very pleased with Wayne's decision to move the team to Philadelphia. This will allow the ABA to add a New Jersey team that will be announced next week. This will also improve the divisional play picture. Definitely a win-win situation."

WHAAAAAAT?!?!?!?

Butler burns bridges/runs the team into the ground in at least two New Jersey markets (Trenton and Asbury Park), so the league rewards him by allowing him to maintain control of a franchise in the league... in a LARGER market?

Not to mention, who in their right mind is left in the State of New Jersey that would want to partner up with an entity that is so dysfunctional it allowed Butler to pull the crap that he did?

Are there really people in the world SO utterly desperate to be a part of a so-called "professional" sports venture that the ABA has - at last count - ten expansion teams lined up for next year... with an eleventh apparently being granted to New Jersey next week?

This is MADNESS!!!

Well, as H.L. Mencken said, "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." Or, in the case of the ABA, the stupidity of the self-same public.

Brian in Boston

Yes it was Grand Valley State. They have changed the logo a bit. It used to look EXACTLY like the Peoria Rivermen (except the Riverman had a puck in his mouth)

yeah, i remember it. i think it was changed two years ago.

on the subject of small schools, Go Warhawks! :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Well, we have another logo to look forward to, Minot, ND got a team, the Minot City Freeze... the name has been done before, Fargo had a football team named the Freeze a few years ago. listen to this statement from the ABA co-founder...

'Quite frankly, we deliberated whether we should add a team in Minot; it is kind of remote from our other teams and it is very cold there.'

Since when does the weather have to do with anything?!?! Does the ABA play outdoor basketball, what a dumb comment.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

reignlogo.gif

Anybody else notice something very wrong with this basketball? Perhaps the fact that they added another section to the basketball from out of nowhere? Don't they know what a basketball looks like? It completely throws off the ABA basketball look!

It's so sad, I can't even laugh....

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived