Houston Astros

Lights Out

astros1.png

astros2.png

astroscap.png

Jaxon made some great templates here. Anyway, I decided to bring back the creamsicle jersey because the throwbacks they wore against the Phillies tonight just highlight the fact that the 'Stros have never really had an identity outside of the creamsicles. However, I gave it a modern twist. I used the current script and star and changed the colors to match the "tequila sunrise" pattern. I also brought back the numbers in a circle from the early years of the creamsicles. The cap is the biggest departure from the norm, featuring a striking gradient background and black bill. Considering that teams such as the Rays have had gradients from their logos made on 59Fifty caps, I felt that a gradient background would be possible, although I don't know what the logistics would be to make that possible.

Unfortunately, the uniform template didn't include pants. You could probably imagine that the pants are either white or gray depending on home or away, with the numbers on.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Well, yeah, ordinarily it would be a bit minor-leaguish, but since the Astros actually used to use an "H-with-star" logo with the Creamsicles, it makes sense in my opinion. I'm also not so sure that the "H" from the script is strong enough to stand out by itself.

And thanks, everybody, for your kind comments. I actually wasn't expecting people to like it this much, since the old Creamsicles are generally hated on.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You've done these exceptionally well, but I never liked these uniforms, so I'm a little biased.

I'm not feeling the circle with the number inside, It looks out of place, especially on the road uni. I like where you're going with the new cap logo, I few simplifications and it could work. Good work.

2 things. I dont like these sun rise sun set uniforms... but your quality is unparalleled.

As for the H with the Star... I would connect the horizontal bar of the H going into the "tail" of the Star. To help describe it a bit more, when you draw and H, you draw the vertical bars first, the | and the | and then you cross the bars with the -. I would take the right side of the - and take it right into the left tail of the star.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Well you would have to modify one or both. Make one thinner, one thicker, or one thicker and the other thinner. It would be something you would have to just check out... I think it would work though.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived