Houston Astros

Lights Out

My best attempt at your idea:

stroscaplogo4.png

I'm not so sure I like it. I think I'll stick with the previous one. Thanks for your suggestion, though.

2 things. The bottom left leg of the star... don't connect it to the H. Just finish the leg of the star like the current star logo.

Then when you connect the left arm of the star to the H, take out the little curly q at the bottom.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Two things:

1) When I look at the road uniform, I don't see a jersey. I see someone wearing a grey jersey with a tequila-sunrise-type apron. Maybe that's just me. I'm not sure how to "fix" that though, considering they're based on a historical uniform.

2) Just because the (Devil) Rays did it doesn't make it okay. I would say just go for a solid color cap and brim.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

My best attempt at your idea:

stroscaplogo4.png

I'm not so sure I like it. I think I'll stick with the previous one. Thanks for your suggestion, though.

You've done a great job with a pretty ridiculous uniform but there's just no way to make that H-Star thing work. It's a round peg in a square hole. I'd say just go with the star.

BB52Big.jpg

Well, it was your idea to use an H-with-star logo. :P

Maybe the regular star could be the primary cap logo and the H-star could be the secondary?

Yup. That's the only way it's going to work.

I was talking about the old H and old star. I never suggested combining the two you tried. You did that one yourself. :D

I realize the old hat hat logo wouldn't match but if memory serves wasn't the old H on the hat a different font than the one on the front of the uniform? I know a lot of people would have a problem with it but I think it would look fine.

BB52Big.jpg

astros1.png

astros2.png

astroscap.png

Jaxon made some great templates here. Anyway, I decided to bring back the creamsicle jersey because the throwbacks they wore against the Phillies tonight just highlight the fact that the 'Stros have never really had an identity outside of the creamsicles. However, I gave it a modern twist. I used the current script and star and changed the colors to match the "tequila sunrise" pattern. I also brought back the numbers in a circle from the early years of the creamsicles. The cap is the biggest departure from the norm, featuring a striking gradient background and black bill. Considering that teams such as the Rays have had gradients from their logos made on 59Fifty caps, I felt that a gradient background would be possible, although I don't know what the logistics would be to make that possible.

Unfortunately, the uniform template didn't include pants. You could probably imagine that the pants are either white or gray depending on home or away, with the numbers on.

Now these are pretty bad ass! I love the blending of eras and the fact you brought back gradient. I'm a sucker for gradient. :)

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

That looks better.

Well, I can see that there are a few shapes that would fit pretty nicely together to form one big shape. For instance, the curve of the H could fit with the top left of the star.

From this:

stroscaplogo.png

To something like this:

strosdemo.png

Meh, not a bad attempt c jay, but, I think the combination of the letters makes it 1) way too cluttered and unreadable and 2) the star loses its double use as an 'A', you can't make out that element anymore.

Although I would never want uniforms like these to see the light of day (modern baseball is a little past such retro monstrosities), I think you did a good job adapting the mid jersey stripes in a more modern way, and some of these ideas, especially the hat fade I think, are really creative. Nice work throwing new stuff out there.

Not to hijack the concept, but how would navy look instead of black? edit - nevermind, after doing the comparison on my computer, black's the right color.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 4 weeks later...

i absolutely love the jersey set and would keep the numbers in the circle.

the hat is what's throwing me. i think the best idea so far would be the old H and shooting star concept. that would look great. i have my reservations about the gradient hats, but really really love the jerseys. how about the old H/star logo on something solid?

sig2024.png

The jersey is neat. I think you could clean it up a bit by going plain black on the numerals and script (and NOB). If not plain black, then at most one outline. It's getting too cluttered with such a dominant design element already on the jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't think a plain black number will work, as it would clash and look unreadable against the bright-colored pattern. But I will try a one-outlined number when I get the chance.

And Brian E, I did try a solid cap a few posts up from yours, but didn't like the look.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived