METRO FOOTY or AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL

Alphabet Man

What's it like if any of you have played/ watched it?

I know that Metro Footy is a 9-a side version played on gridiron/ soccer ground.

Also, is there tthat many ovals?? and is there an oval in LA? cos' the Kangaroos want to play a match there in Jan next year.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh good....the US are getting to know all about real Football or footy or Australian Football or Australian Rules Football or Aussie Rules or Ausball

the only real football is nfl and cfl

No! The only real football is soccer. :D I love Aussie Rules, but soccer is call "football" in most of the world.

I saw, I came, I left.

Oh good....the US are getting to know all about real Football or footy or Australian Football or Australian Rules Football or Aussie Rules or Ausball

the only real football is nfl and cfl

No! The only real football is soccer. :D I love Aussie Rules, but soccer is call "football" in most of the world.

that, i figure, is sports' biggest international can of worms:the War of the Five Footballs (soccer and its variants; rugby and its variants; Aussie Rules; the American and Canadian game and their variants; Gaelic)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

that, i figure, is sports' biggest international can of worms:the War of the Five Footballs (soccer and its variants; rugby and its variants; Aussie Rules; the American and Canadian game and their variants; Gaelic)

The French must be glad they don't their own version of football. They would always lose the war. :D

Best soccer injury fake was during the 2002 World Cup, Turkey vs. Brazil when a Turkish player kicked a ball to a Brazilian player who was at the corner and waiting for the ball so can kick a corner. The ball hits the Brazilian in the knees, then he went down as if he was hit in the face. :lol: Hilarious. The knee bone is connected to the cheek bone.

I saw, I came, I left.

The French must be glad they don't their own version of football. They would always lose the war. :D

The French have their own version of football, but it's not a sport. Some German just comes across their border periodically and kicks the whole country in the balls. :cry:

The French surrender, and its Game over! :woot:

nav-logo.png

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing: the only real football is nfl and cfl

u guys call that football....pphhff watch a game of our football and you'll see why ours is better than yours

PS do not watch games involving hawthorn, collingwood, essendon or carlton, richmond or adelaide cos' they all completley suck

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

How can NFL and CFL be the only 'real' football, when only 4 players in any game ever get to kick the ball?

Actually I think all versions of football have there merits. Although obviously soccer has greatest worldwide appeal and therefore is the real football!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

PS do not watch games involving hawthorn, collingwood, essendon or carlton, richmond or adelaide cos' they all completley suck

Of course, those clubs have all won premierships since 1966

How about adding the Kangaroos, West Coast, and the Brisbane Lions into that list? ^_^

Saintsfan, I agree! *thumbs up*

I saw, I came, I left.

How can NFL and CFL be the only 'real' football, when only 4 players in any game ever get to kick the ball?

Actually I think all versions of football have there merits. Although obviously soccer has greatest worldwide appeal and therefore is the real football!!

i'll concede that, there was actually a story about NFL Europe and MLS' struggles in SI last week. NFLE might as well be NFL Deutschland although i'd hate to see the Claymores call it quits. it's a shame, cus i'm finding that folks across teh pond are starting to figure out what to do with the ball(i.e. not make an attempt at playing soccer with it). MLS, though, has a real shot. Chivas USA will bring new fans, and the league has been weathering the storm in its first decade.

this is a subject i've thought about for a long time, and it seems to be turning into the age-old "my football is better than yours" bitchfest so what the hell, let's go.

2016cubscreamsig.png

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on in Aussie rules... I only know something good has happened when they zoom in on the goal ref and he does that cool double-handed pointing thing. :D

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

On Fox Sports World, it's like all they show are either Collingwood or Brisbane Lions.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

I do enjoy watching Aussie Rules football, but to me it seems like they make up the rules as they go cause I don't get the game I guess. When do you bounce the ball? I see it every now and then, but not consistantly. And whenever you catch at kicked ball, you get a free kick towards the goal? Is that how it is? I want to learn! Another side note, Aussie rules refs have to be the goofiest looking refs in all of sports. For such a tough sport, they just look goofy to me.

But I guess American Football refs wear knickers...so I shouldn't talk...

American Football is still the most entertaining to me. (never got to watch a CFL game but I'm assuming its very similar.)

I also enjoy Soccer, or what the rest of the world calls football. I haven't seen the faking injuries as much as when I grew to hate soccer. (I was a HS baseball player, we all hated soccer for some reason!) But the passion that is there is just amazing! You don't see that with American sports as much.

One last question. What's Gaelic football? I've heard about it on here but I have no idea what it is. I used to live near chicago and I never really heard about it but I guess its big up there.

I do enjoy watching Aussie Rules football, but to me it seems like they make up the rules as they go cause I don't get the game I guess.  When do you bounce the ball?  I see it every now and then, but not consistantly.  And whenever you catch at kicked ball, you get a free kick towards the goal?  Is that how it is?  I want to learn!  Another side note, Aussie rules refs have to be the goofiest looking refs in all of sports.  For such a tough sport, they just look goofy to me. 

But I guess American Football refs wear knickers...so I shouldn't talk...

American Football is still the most entertaining to me.  (never got to watch a CFL game but I'm assuming its very similar.)

I also enjoy Soccer, or what the rest of the world calls football.  I haven't seen the faking injuries as much as when I grew to hate soccer.  (I was a HS baseball player, we all hated soccer for some reason!)  But the passion that is there is just amazing!  You don't see that with American sports as much.

One last question.  What's Gaelic football?  I've heard about it on here but I have no idea what it is.  I used to live near chicago and I never really heard about it but I guess its big up there.

here he comes to save the DAAAY!!!! it's...dammit, it's not mighty mouse, it's just Discrimihater and that stupid parrot with the eyepatch :hockeysmiley:

parrot: aucc, go shawwtay...allfootballs

Discrim: here's a hotdog. anyways, i'm not a knee-high mouse but i know of a place. it's a relatively new place, and has the basic info on several forms of football. i now unveil the secret ingredient....go, parrot

parrot: aucc, Eye Oe Shave! aucc! *grabs cloth, flies over box*

Discrim: pcgd, i present to you...All Footballs B) it's beautiful daddy :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived