infrared41's Best and Worst of the Week - NFL Week 5

infrared41

On the best ledger, there were no true classics this week but there were still some pretty good looking games - and a real shocker at #2. On the worst side of things, we did get a couple train wrecks - including one that, under different circumstances, would have made the best list. All in all, I'd say it was an average week.

Put 60 seconds on the clock and let's play our game.

Best:

1. Bears at Panthers: This one was easy. Best home uniform in the NFL on the road against one of the best "modern" looks in the league. When the Bears are wearing their home uniforms against another good looking team, you can pretty much count on them taking the #1 spot.

17E9FU.jpg

2. Jets at Chargers: Anyone who reads my little list each week knows that I'm not a big fan of the Chargers current uniform set. It's a mishmash of poorly executed ideas. Despite all the problems I have with the overall look of the Chargers, I do think the blue jersey/white pants combo looks OK. It's not great, but it's not bad. But yesterday against the Jets, it looked great. I don't know if it was the color contrast between the two uniforms or the San Diego sunshine, or what. All I know is that this Chargers set looked great against the Jets in all white. Yeah, I'm as surprised as anyone. It's not what it could have been had the Chargers worn any of their prior sets, but it was still a really good looking game.

MalcomFloydNewYorkJetsvSanDiegoChar.jpg

3. Chiefs at 49ers: The Chiefs white over red look is one of my favorites, but put them in all white and this game is a contender for the top spot. The 49ers always look great. There was just a little too much red going on for this game to get past the two ahead of it. But even with all the red, this game looked pretty good.

a4cb2fd1-b330-40f4-ad2c-ef3b1896cd0f.jpg

4. Texans at Cowboys: I've heard all the arguments against the Cowboys home uniforms and I don't care. Despite all it's problems, and there are many, it's still a good looking uniform. Houston's home uniform is working it's way towards being one of my favorites. The Texans are one of the rare teams to get their uniform exactly right on the first try. And what a great helmet.

houston-texans-v-dallas-cowboys-201.jpg

5: Vikings at Packers: Like the Bears, I think the Vikings look "tougher" in all white but I gotta admit the purple pants aren't bad. Especially when matched up against one of the best uniforms in football in the Packers. Minnesota did a nice job of upgrading from their old clown suits.

8120938.jpg

Worst:

1. Buccaneers at Saints: Last season, provided the Saints wore gold pants, this game makes the best list. This season? Not so much. Tampa Bay doesn't have a choice anymore. They have to look awful. There's no excuse for the Saints ruining a great look with those God-awful black pants. The worst part of this game? The Bucs are about 3 major tweaks away from having a decent look. Lose the alarm clock numbers, reduce the size of the helmet decal by 20%, and fix the stripes. The colors work. The rest is pure garbage.

PierreThomasTampaBayBuccaneersvNewO.jpg

2. Cardinals at Broncos: 1997 called. It wants those uniforms back. If these teams were in their prior uniform sets, this game makes the best list. Instead, we got a match up of outdated, weren't good to begin with, clown suits.

628x471-1.jpg

That's it for this week. Thanks for dropping by and be sure to tune in next week for another exciting/infuriating edition.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cardinals didn't get those uniforms until 2005

I think you missed the joke. The idea was that both uniforms look like leftovers from the 90's.

I didn't miss the joke. The joke was delivered poorly.

Well, you've made your stand. Now you can go about the rest of your day satisfied in the knowledge that you pointed out something no one else will give a flying :censored: about because, unlike you, they'll fully understand the point I was making. You'll sleep better, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input.

BB52Big.jpg

I think you missed the joke. The idea was that both uniforms look like leftovers from the 90's.

Well, you've made your stand. Now you can go about the rest of your day satisfied in the knowledge that you pointed out something no one else will give a flying :censored: about because, unlike you, they'll fully understand the point I was making. You'll sleep better, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input.

OK. I was just pointing out that you posted a new thread and made a joke that didn't make sense. I knew what you were trying to say, but the way you said it implied something different. I'll sleep fine.

Go A's!

Thanks for the input.

OK. I was just pointing out that you posted a new thread and made a joke that didn't make sense. I knew what you were trying to say, but the way you said it implied something different. I'll sleep fine.

You're really over thinking this silly little thread of mine. Granted, calling it a joke was probably the wrong description. Saying you missed the point would have been better. That said, if you knew the point I was making, why would you assume no one else would get it? Anyway, I'm pretty sure people will get what I was going for.

BB52Big.jpg

I didn't miss anything. I understood what you were trying to say, but you didn't say it well. The way you said it implied one thing when you meant another thing. That's it.

Moving along. Back to the topic.

I think the Titans/Browns game wasn't too bad. I actually don't hate the navy pants with the white tops. It's not my favorite, but I don't despise it.

Go A's!

Infrared, I don't get your point. The Cardinals had different uniforms in 1997

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Really? Think we all assumed you just missed the joke. Apparently your retort was even more poorly delivered.

Infrared, I don't get your point. The Cardinals had different uniforms in 1997

Really? Think we all assumed you just missed the joke. Apparently your retort was even more poorly delivered.

Thanks, boys. B)

BB52Big.jpg

I don't wanna be rude or anything but why do you make a new threads every week instead of making a yearly one to post in every time?

Is this "Instead of reading the thread, I'm going to fixate on meaningless details" week? Part of me wants to ignore you because you're just being a backseat mod. But I'll answer your question.

First off, It's called "Best and Worst of the Week" indicating it's a weekly thread. Second, it's easier to keep track of a weekly thread. I tried doing it your way and people didn't like it because they didn't want to dig through a bunch of stuff to get to the most recent week. The ones who follow it seem to like it this way. Finally, other than you, people don't seem to have an issue with it being a weekly thread.

Hope that answers your question.

BB52Big.jpg

When you say "(time period) called, they want their ____ back," it implies that the current look looks awfully similar to looks from said time period, that it must be from that period. Doesn't work when the look is actually from that time period. Nor does it work when the look is bears no resemblance to said time period. What exactly is a 1997 look? Basing it off one uniform from that year doesn't do it. The Cards are more associated with the mid 2000s along with the Vikings as their pants were more similar and debuted around the same time.

Stop thinking I missed the joke, I didn't. It was how you worded it that did not make the joke clear.

[insert some emoji to show that I'm just proving a point, not getting overly bent about this. Just explaining how it was interpreted.]

Go A's!

When you say "(time period) called, they want their ____ back," it implies that the current look looks awfully similar to looks from said time period, that it must be from that period. Doesn't work when the look is actually from that time period. Nor does it work when the look is bears no resemblance to said time period. What exactly is a 1997 look? Basing it off one uniform from that year doesn't do it. The Cards are more associated with the mid 2000s along with the Vikings as their pants were more similar and debuted around the same time.

Stop thinking I missed the joke, I didn't. It was how you worded it that did not make the joke clear.

[insert some emoji to show that I'm just proving a point, not getting overly bent about this. Just explaining how it was interpreted.]

Oh my God, really? Let it go already. You're all worked up over nothing. I'm allowed to say the Cardinals uniforms look like they're from the 90's if I want to. You'll just have to deal with it. I wasn't "wrong" and I'm not changing it. Get over it.

BB52Big.jpg

I hope you don't mind if I give a critic on something other than a throwaway joke in stating that I would have put Vikings vs. Packers as #1 for the simple fact that when matched up against each other they pop out me more than the other four.

Panthers vs. Bears & Cowboys vs. Texans (their uniforms are very generic modern unis IMO) are essentially blue vs blue matchups that don't really catch my eye. I'm also not a very big fan of the Panthers white uniforms put I can't put my finger on why I don't like it.

Niners vs. Chiefs is just a bit too much red for my eyes to handle as you mentioned but I would have probably put this at #2.

Jets vs. Chargers is essentially navy vs hunter green which is very dull even though the Jets do have a good look on their own.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Oh my God, really? Let it go already. You're all worked up over nothing. I'm allowed to say the Cardinals uniforms look like they're from the 90's if I want to. You'll just have to deal with it. I wasn't "wrong" and I'm not changing it. Get over it.

I did let it go.

As you saw by my comment, I said let's move on back to topic. You then made a reply with the emoji. I was ready to move on. You wanted to continue it with a comment. I already stated that I am not worked up about it. I'm just clearly explaining why your words were misinterpreted.

Go A's!

I hope you don't mind if I give a critic on something other than a throwaway joke in stating that I would have put Vikings vs. Packers as #1 for the simple fact that when matched up against each other they pop out me more than the other four.

Panthers vs. Bears & Cowboys vs. Texans (their uniforms are very generic modern unis IMO) are essentially blue vs blue matchups that don't really catch my eye. I'm also not a very big fan of the Panthers white uniforms put I can't put my finger on why I don't like it.

Niners vs. Chiefs is just a bit too much red for my eyes to handle as you mentioned but I would have probably put this at #2.

Jets vs. Chargers is essentially navy vs hunter green which is very dull even though the Jets do have a good look on their own.

I welcome it. B)

Good post. Thanks. This thread needed one.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived