Memphis Grizzlies Concept

Sammy_B95

Hey my name is Sam Boyd and I have been obsessed with this website and its forums for the last year. I have always had a passion for sports logos, recently I started free drawing some logos and decided to try creating my own logo redesign. I am a huge Memphis Grizzlies fan and thought it would be right to have my first logo be a Grizz logo.

This logo is a hand drawn and designed based off the Memphis Grizzlies logo but changed to make the bear a little more scary and intimidating. I have no idea how to use illustrator or any graphic design program but I would like to digitalize this logo eventually, and do a full rebrand.

What do y'all think????

IMG_3868.JPG

Vancouver_Grizzlies.jpgth_BlackhawksLogoSmall.png2652.gif

It's so hard to make a bear head logo that is unique in itself.

You have a nice start here though. I would recommend downloading inkscape. Totally free and does almost everything that you can in Illustrator. Also has a good online manual and can easily find some good tutorials on the interweb.

Welcome to the boards and the wonderful world of graphic design! Looking forward to see more.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

This is a great start and I can help you digitize it. I always thought the Grizzlies needed something like this among other things. It also reminds me of Vancouver and I kinda like that. Also, you should teach me how to draw I need help in that area.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

This is a great start and I can help you digitize it. I always thought the Grizzlies needed something like this among other things. It also reminds me of Vancouver and I kinda like that. Also, you should teach me how to draw I need help in that area.

Yeah i would love some help with digitizing it!! I have been messing around but it just looks sloppy and looks better on paper than the computer. How could you help me digitize it though? I can see what I can do with drawing, I'm not the best just good with certain things...turns out logos I'm not too bad at

Thanks man!

Sooo... you designed the Chicago Bears logo essentially?

Nope I designed a Memphis Grizzlies logo that looks more intimidating. My logo has almost all the elements of the Grizz logo, but I added teeth and changed the shading to match. If it was a Chicago Bears logo I would have a had the shading all over the face not just the one side. Its a totally different look compared to the Chicago logo.

354.gif

You did a good job with the original drawing. What one could see right away and now is even more visible with the vectorized logo - the teeth are too big. Plus the eyes could use some additional shadow area under the brows.

Also the vectorized logo needs a clean-up.

Other than that - I think that the impression that you had in mind really comes through. Well done!

All the best wishes

Daniel

Awesome work.

For the longest time I dealt with a similar issue, but using Inkscape and tracing opened my world.

St. Joseph of Arimathea, Pray for Us

"Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God." Mt 27:54

The top left one definitely has potential but could use some cleaning up. The bottom right with inverted shading should have the colors flipped. It looks like a photo negative particularly in the nose and teeth. The teeth should be thinner as real teeth are not that thick. At first glance, the lack of symmetry bothered me and the forehead and ear seem to be melting downward on the right, but with so many bear head logos out there, not being symmetrical is one unique feature here.

Archived