My newest creation - PROFANITY

Sterling84

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sterling 84,

Not to get personal but you must be a professional graphic artist. Your logos are some of the best I've seen. Can I get any info from you? I'm a signmaker who's hobby has always been logos(corporate, small business, sports) but now I want to specialize in sport logos. Any tips? The best (or your choice) computer program. I draw alot by hand before it goes into the computer. Any information would greatly be appreciated.

CLHEL2.png

PS - drawing by hand is awesome.......faster, more natural. Just scan sketches and work off of them in AI.

Good luck my friend.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

:notworthy: Sterling, I'm loving what I'm seeing!!! Wow - these are great.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Your squirrel would kick my squirrel's A$$!!!

FoamingSquirrelsLogo.gif

Sterling these are gorgeous and extremely creative concepts. Your work reminds me of a fine arts/painting student I went to college with. He had great command over light and shadow, usually rendering on the dark side. Your logos have this great sense of shape and depth through your simple use of shadow and light. I would love to see how you construct your work.

Do you build up and then take away or do you start simple and then add? You have this cool hip urban stylee going as well with these, reminiscent of NFL Street logos IMO. I simply love it. You are sending me back to the drawing board on my FFRL 10 year anniversary logos :)

Yeah, Dave, these rock. The squirrel is awesome. I all of a sudden think my Minnesota Gophers needs work. I'd love to put your Uber head (minus the helmet) on my "M" composition and send it in! Then keep all the glory. Ha ha ha ha! Ok, that's not going to happen, as you live close enough to whup my butt and get home for dinner.

Anyway, well done. The yellow thing the Mushoo Warrior is holding is hard to discern, though.

Anyway, well done. The yellow thing the Mushoo Warrior is holding is hard to discern, though.

Supposed to be a football.

Really doesn't hold up with the new color scheme. used to be black, red, and tan.

oh well.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I may take you up on posting in this thread after some polishing of the logos. I have some doozies for names as well like The Creeping Mist and Vantage. What the hell is Vantage? We have a 12 player league now but 10 years ago it was only 6 and I'm doing identities for the original 6 names.

Just going to post these here to give you an idea of what I've been working on, Sterling. But after seeing yours I really want to push these along further. I do have a year :) So here are 4 of the original 6 FFRL teams and the anniversary logo.

FFRLXsample.gif

THat is some Fuggin fabulous shuffle.

My NCFA team the McCall Gunners are inspired by the gamblin fool who shot wild bill, and shares my last name.

I now have something to inspire me.

Great job Sterling, you really did it again.

You are too kind, Sterling. You and Nitro just have this energetic and exciting style that I just want to knock-off when doing my logos :D I'm going to keep hammering away on these. Nitro gave me a good crit last night on some ways to improve some of these. Your logos have spawned an idea for the Creeping Mist logo. I'd use my current design as a secondary and try to do some kick a$$ 3/4 view of a skull.

You are an inspiration, man. I love you, man. Your work just simply rawks and I love learning from your stylee. Keep them coming. BTW you need to create a wallpaper with that über squirrel repeated all over in droves like an army. That would be wicked cool!

The Fluffing Coughsufferers.

BRILLIANT!!!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived