My newest NEWEST creation

Sterling84

The fin detail makes it even better. I think we already know how I feel about this logo, but what the heck...

:notworthy:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I think RO mentioned a head-only alternate. I had done one of those. I like it, but I don't know how effective it is or how much it retains "fish".

My dad had a mounted Muskie head ashtray when I was growing up. Thats all I can think of when I see this.

Anyway......

muskies_alt.gif

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Not feelin' the fish head alone so much

Yup. I would tend to agree. I'm not saying it CANT be done. But anytime you are battling not only design, but tried and true associations.......like the kind with fish heads.......you gotta be careful.

I think a letter M would help and I may try that, but full body is much better to me right now.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

If you do decide to try an M, I can't wait to see it. Not sayin' the fish looks bad on the helmet (I think it looks good actually), but I'm guessing the M would fit much better.

Then I'd probably move the numbers to the shoulders and put the original Muskie (well the one with the detail on the tail) on the sleeve.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Eh, that ain't no muskie

THIS is a Muskie . . .

muskie.jpg

But I suppose if you'd prefer a fish picture instead, you're not going to do any better than Sterlings. Nice work!

Roz -- too funny! That was the exact song I was singing in my head as soon as I saw it..and flashes of a fish head sliding into home plate came back from my past!

Sterling -- Awesome logo! The 2nd version with the blown out fin details is perfect!

Wow. That. Is. Beautiful.

Well done! I especially like the revised one, although I think the tail but have just a little too much detail now. It's awfully busy.

Don't care for the head-only secondary, for all the reaons listed. Maybe a tail splashing in the water or something would make a better secondary.

We should start a petition to get the Madison Mallards to pick up the old Muskies identity and use this. Add an "M" and you have a great cap logo.

Archived