My newest NEWEST creation

Sterling84

So roughly nine and a half years ago MiltownMVP asked if anyone wanted to take on his Muskies identity.

I said yes, and promptly got a new job which rendered me CCSL useless.

Today lady and gentlemen, I am home with nothing to do. My laundry is done, my house is clean, and the wedding I was scheduled to attend was .......gasp.......called off. It must be kismet.

So, I'm taking the afternoon off for some fun logo making. Miltown, here ya go buddy. Hope you like it.

C&C appreciated

muskies_final.gif

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I should also add 2 things. One, I am also excited to be working today cause I am approaching 500 posts....bench mark that it is.

Secondly, anyone who knew me in my more active concepting days knows I am anal about accuracy on animals. So what do I do?? Make a muskie who is missing both his pectoral fins.

YEah yeah, With the pose I put him in, it just would've been too much. I had a heck of a time simplifying as it was.

So, point that out if you choose. But I knew about it.

BTW - Thanks Josh...I like the colors too. They were Miltowns choice...I believe they are the 1994 Brewers set.

The colours are awesome, the pose is awesome.

Sweet logo.

One thing... the rearmost underside fin (I'm no fish expert, how the heck am I supposed to know what it's called?) is confusing in terms of perspective, as the tail is right behind it and all blue, whereas this fin is coloured.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

What I like most about it is the fish appears to be in motion (which is something the Florida Marlins logo lacks in my opinion). You also successfully managed to make the logo just a bit menacing while maintaining a realistic look.

What a sweet logo. I'm now officially jealous of MiltownMVP ^_^

On a side note, I absolutely loved your work for the Manitoba Moose. I love moose (the animal, not the team), and that logo is simply the best I've ever seen. I actually still have your original rendering (in the Canucks colors) in one of my course folders. Is there anyway or anyplace to find a large sized version of the final moose logo (besides the wallpapers on the Manitoba site)?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

What I like most about it is the fish appears to be in motion (which is something the Florida Marlins logo lacks in my opinion). You also successfully managed to make the logo just a bit menacing while maintaining a realistic look.

Now, make the fish look like it's been caught. See how menacing that would be :D

I saw, I came, I left.

In a word its STERLING! Your username doubles as an adjective, not just one of the greatest Packers WRs to put on a uniform. Love the BrewCrew color scheme, the dynamic pose the simplification of the form. I would just love to see the head lopped off with the fins as a secondary. The detail in the eye and jaw are what draw me into this mark. Great job as always. Good to see you conceptualizing again. Wish I had the free time these days. See you in Nitro's Survivor Series ;)

What a sweet logo. I'm now officially jealous of MiltownMVP

On a side note, I absolutely loved you work for the Manitoba Moose. I love moose (the animal, not the team), and that logo is simply the best I've ever seen. I actually still have your original rendering (in the Canucks colors) in one of my course folders. Is there anyway or anyplace to find a large sized version of the final moose logo (besides the wallpapers on the Manitoba site)?

'

Wow. kind words. Thank man. I'll see if I can find some large Moose images for you. YOu understand I can't give out the vectors for this.

In a word its STERLING! Your username doubles as an adjective, not just one of the greatest Packers WRs to put on a uniform. Love the BrewCrew color scheme, the dynamic pose the simplification of the form. I would just love to see the head lopped off with the fins as a secondary. The detail in the eye and jaw are what draw me into this mark. Great job as always. Good to see you conceptualizing again. Wish I had the free time these days. See you in Nitro's Survivor Series

Thanks RO!! It's good to BE conceptualizing again. 'Preciate the feedback boys.

Really.

Wow.  kind words.  Thank man.  I'll see if I can find some large Moose images for you.  YOu understand I can't give out the vectors for this.

I completely understand. I'll be happy with whatever you might be able to find for me.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

no pectoral fins? Wow...that fish sucks!! :D:D:D

j/k man....I don't know what adjectives to throw at you anymore...to say it looks like your work is all I can say :)

The tail fin thing kind of bugs me though...the blue tail fin seems weird because it's not lining up with the, uh, abdomen? of the fish. Aside from that, Sterling work as usual :)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Fantastic jorb Sterling! I really love the way you posed the fish and gave it an intimidating look. You have a great gift for doing logos based off of animals. Your Moose logo is the best one i've ever seen of a moose. I absolutly love this logo. Keep up the good work dude.

Amazing work, Sterling. :D

Your logos always seem to have a very legendary feel to them, pose-wise. This one is no exception. Colors are great and the flow of forms is superb. My only critique is that I'd like to see a little definition in the tail fin, since it seems to get a little lost and (for me) throws off the shape of the body near the point where the body meets the fin (if that makes any sense). Otherwise, this is another great logo for your collection, S. :D

I genuflect (kneel in praise) to one of th masters of the graphic world. You are truly talented. I really like the Muskie logo - wonderful work!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The old Minnesota Fighting Pike of the Arena league should have used something along THESE lines, as opposed to that hideous montrosity they used.

Nice job.

I don't think they even used a real logo. It looked a lot like a northern pike drawing that's used by 5 out of every four fishing organizations on the Great Lakes.

But as far as the logo... I don't know what I could say that hasn't already been said other than PM me if you want me to buy you a drink sometime... I definetly owe it to you. Exactly what I was looking for and WELL worth the wait.

I took the liberty of putting it on a helmet and with my unis.

muskies_helmet_v7_sm.gif

muskies_unis.gif

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Thanks guys. You are all too kind. Legendary?? I guess I do kinda aim for that. Still, from the legend, legendary is a high compliment. And from the rest of you the compliments mean no less. Truly.

It does feel good to be back on the horse again. And so close to the survivor series.

Anyway, took all your advice and added some fin detail. Whatcha think?

Where is Miltown btw??

EDIT*** OH, there you are. My pleasure sir. Glad you approve.

muskies_final2.gif

Archived