Bulldog Mascot for Pasco High School (New Helmet Options 03.07)

FFWally

I disagree about the shadow. I think it brings the entire look down from an A to about a C+. Remove the shadow and it's golden.

I dont understand their "its cartoonish" issue. Have they looked at Fresno State, Georgia, Gonzage, et all... those are no more or less cartoonish. Its a caricature.

I prefer it with no shadow, but the customer has opinions.

With cycling apparel I have a great example of one I did that was really cool, until the customer kept piling crap on it and its horrendous. I kept one, just so I could show customers what happens when they don't listen to the person they are paying.

Ya, when I heard you say they didn't like it because it was too cartoony I was shocked. All sports logos should have such a character, if it's too cartoony than use an image as your logo, because that makes no sense.

Don't be pissed, I think you should just try to decrease the opacity of the shadow a bit, I personally don't like it but if it's the way they want than go for it.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good. I would maybe try a version that doesn't use gradient shading. Just try tones of grey. A previous comment mentioned adding nostrils... which I think could be great.

On the top of the nose, think about adding a bit of a highlight to separate the nose from the eyes. It's kind of dark in that area.

spacer.png

The one thing that's bothering me is the spike behind his right ear (our left). It throws me off especially because, on the black and white version, it's the same color as the ear. Imo, it's not really necessary, but it's your call. You've made excellent progress on this logo!

HS-PascoBulldogs_Gray3_zps0a272a4d.png

OK fixed the spike issue, and while I was doing that, made them a little more sharp. Think it cleans the whole thing up a little.

Did away with the black shadow, and fixed the mouth issue I have been contemplating the entire time.

Thanks for the feedback.

The one thing that's bothering me is the spike behind his right ear (our left). It throws me off especially because, on the black and white version, it's the same color as the ear. Imo, it's not really necessary, but it's your call. You've made excellent progress on this logo!

*picture*

OK fixed the spike issue, and while I was doing that, made them a little more sharp. Think it cleans the whole thing up a little.

Did away with the black shadow, and fixed the mouth issue I have been contemplating the entire time.

Thanks for the feedback.

Wow, that's so much better. The sharper spikes give it a lot more character.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

You should fill in the little purple area in the C.

Great work, let us know when they start using it. I'd be cool to see on jerseys and print material.

and the withe show-through parts of the S

tinysig.jpg

Archived