MiLB | Salt Lake Bees Rebrand

Go Red Sox!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are amazing! Well done. The only issue I have is that with the team initials, I can't help but see the St. Louis Cardinals cap logo, which the Angels might not like to see.

This SL is at least as different from the STL used by the Cardinals as the Mets/Giants NY is from the Yankees. Though I wouldn't mind seeing what a "SLC" monogram might look like.

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20current%20logo_zps6

This is my latest rebrand of the MiLB Salt Lake Bees. "Bumble" is now a lot more aggressive and determined than before. Orange and red have been added to the traditional colors gold, black and white. Red remotely points towards the Bees'

MLB affiliation, more precisely the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Cool gray serves as a mark color. Comments are welcome as usual, guys.

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20logo%20presentation

Logo%20Comparison_zpste8iosib.png

Before After

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20primary%20logo_zpse

Primary logo

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20secondary%20logo_zp

Alternate "Bumble" logo

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20tertiary%20logo_zps

Alternate logo ("B" with a honey drop, in front of a beehive frame in the shape of the state of Utah)

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20roundel%20logo_zpsg

Alternate logo (Bee from above, flying over honeycombs)

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20alternate%20logo_zp

Alternate logo

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20Initials%20logo_zps

Team initials

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20wordmarks_zpst8aclf

Word marks

On the whole I like it a lot but it reminds me a bit too much of this http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/44/2590/full/h7p0xzmic3awlukxiu1xkv2eh.gif

Maybe flip the Bee so it's facing right??

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20current%20logo_zps6

This is my latest rebrand of the MiLB Salt Lake Bees. "Bumble" is now a lot more aggressive and determined than before. Orange and red have been added to the traditional colors gold, black and white. Red remotely points towards the Bees'

MLB affiliation, more precisely the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Cool gray serves as a mark color. Comments are welcome as usual, guys.

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20logo%20presentation

Logo%20Comparison_zpste8iosib.png

Before After

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20primary%20logo_zpse

Primary logo

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20secondary%20logo_zp

Alternate "Bumble" logo

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20tertiary%20logo_zps

Alternate logo ("B" with a honey drop, in front of a beehive frame in the shape of the state of Utah)

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20roundel%20logo_zpsg

Alternate logo (Bee from above, flying over honeycombs)

Alternate logo

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20Initials%20logo_zps

Team initials

Salt%20Lake%20Bees%20wordmarks_zpst8aclf

Word marks

On the whole I like it a lot but it reminds me a bit too much of this http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/44/2590/full/h7p0xzmic3awlukxiu1xkv2eh.gif

Maybe flip the Bee so it's facing right??

That was mentioned before... and he did admit it looked a lot alike.

These are amazing! Well done. The only issue I have is that with the team initials, I can't help but see the St. Louis Cardinals cap logo, which the Angels might not like to see.

This SL is at least as different from the STL used by the Cardinals as the Mets/Giants NY is from the Yankees. Though I wouldn't mind seeing what a "SLC" monogram might look like.

You mean SLC for Salt Lake City? I already thought about that, too. But the problem is they're the Salt Lake Bees and not the Salt Lake City Bees. Maybe SLB makes more sense? Don't even know if there are any teams that have initial logos like that.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Wow, there's nothing about this I don't like. The color scheme, the font, each of the logos...it's all very well done. I do agree with two posters on their minor critiques, though.

Incredible. The only logo I'm not entirely sold on is the bee head in the red hexagon. It's seems too off-balanced.

Maybe if you moved it a smidgen to the right--so that the antenna is lined up with the edge of the hexagon--it would be better.

Very good overall, but the bee with bat logo is far too similar to the Single-A Midwest League Burlington Bees logo for my tastes. The othersbare fantastic, but that similarity immediately jumped out at me.

Looked the logo up, and I do agree. They're rendered differently and have different features, but the pose is identical. It may be different enough that it would be allowed, but it's close. Nevertheless, very great work!

I changed the angle of the antennas in order to get the same result. I would have to move the bee's head way too much to the right to get the same effect.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

This is a terrific rebrand, but as someone said before, the patch identity is slightly disconnected to the other looks. If I had to pick one thing to improve, it's that. Great work!

Thanks a lot!

I guess you're also referring to the roundel logo, specifically to the flying bee in the middle of it. In contrast to "Bumble", the comical, mascot-like version of a bee, this is of course rather a simple, graphical representation of a bee that was actually intended. I kind of thought of the Charlotte Hornets rebrand. Their primary logo doesn't contain Hugo, the Mascot anymore, but a modernized, sleek graphical version of a hornet while they still kept an updated Hugo as one of their alternate logos. I kind of did almost the same, just vice-versa. I know it's not the stereotype approach in MiLB, but I wanted to do something out of the ordinary.

I also decided to create that roundel logo with a simpler version of a bee because Utah's nickname is The Beehive State.

Really like this. I could pick nits, but there's no reason to. My only concern would be the lack of unity in the type. It would be great if all of the type used the same face. I absolutely love the hexagon alternate logo; it definitely should be a sleeve patch.

Great stuff!

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Just curious, what is going to be your next redesign/project? (If you have one lined up)

I haven't planned anything yet. Maybe I will continue my NCAA Bowl Logo series next.

Thanks for your comments!

• 11 months later...

Wonderful job - really like the secondary logos as well.  Great package - good luck with the proposal!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived