NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

BTW, over 63k were counted at that redskin game.

Yes, of course. That's because for public relations purposes, the NFL allows teams to count tickets allocated, not patrons through the turnstyles. So teams like the Jags can give away tickets in order to inflate their attendance. Failing that, the teams can buy the tickets themselves in order to avoid blackouts. As the Jaguars have done.

That's so they can publish happy figures in the paper. But the teams themselves know just how many tickets they actually sold, and for how much.

The fact that "over 63k" resulted in fields of empty seats tells us that your Jacksonville capacity figures aren't as comforting as they might appear.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides, what's the point of a bet? You going to put cash in Mockba's escrow account?

The opinions aren't valid unless we leave a fiver on the table? It only deflects from the point of these boards, which is conversation.

Please don't think I have any personal interest in moving the Jaguars. I'm just calling them as I see them, and I personally see the Jags moving. My point in discussing that isn't really to change your mind, but to engage in a spirited back-and-forth. To hopefully encourage others, whether they share my take or yours, to contribute to that conversation.

Besides, what's the point of a bet? You going to put cash in Mockba's escrow account?

The opinions aren't valid unless we leave a fiver on the table? It only deflects from the point of these boards, which is conversation.

Please don't think I have any personal interest in moving the Jaguars. I'm just calling them as I see them, and I personally see the Jags moving. My point in discussing that isn't really to change your mind, but to engage in a spirited back-and-forth. To hopefully encourage others, whether they share my take or yours, to contribute to that conversation.

I just meant like a sig bet or something. I should have some credibility. Since 09 everything I said would happen in Jax has happened. I have been nailing it. Yet people still think im delusional. So im ready to bet this team wont move. This isn't 09 and this franchise isn't struggling in sales like other teams. We are first in our state.

I just meant like a sig bet or something. I should have some credibility. Since 09 everything I said would happen in Jax has happened. I have been nailing it. Yet people still think im delusional. So im ready to bet this team wont move. This isn't 09 and this franchise isn't struggling in sales like other teams. We are first in our state.

Like that yet to be named "local billionaire" you touted some weeks back.

Like that yet to be named "local billionaire" you touted some weeks back.

No, DWF. I said the team was going to be sold. I didn't know who. I just threw out possible names. Guess what, the team was sold.

I'm not in any way impugning your credibility. I'm only asking you to back up your opinions with facts supporting them. You did, and I questioned some of them.

I actually thought we were doing quite well.

We are, im just a gambling degenerate. However, my confidence in the matter is through the roof. That confidence isn't so jaded with homerism as my track records proves.

No, DWF. I said the team was going to be sold. I didn't know who. I just threw out possible names. Guess what, the team was sold.

In fairness, we've all known for years that the team was for sale. Nobody actually believed Weaver's denials.

He never denied it. He said for years he was. He was trying to sell it to his nephew but Mackey don't care about the inner circle. He has been saying that he wouldn't sell to someone who would move them out. Besides, the point was DWF said I said a local billionaire would buy them. I never did. Again, just threw some names out.

You did mention rumors which turned out to be false:

BTW, Weaver had said years ago he will be selling the team. Word around the campfire is he is about to sell the Jags to a very prominent Jacksonville family.

Doesn't exactly make you Criswell, I know. :P

I pointed out a rumor but never said this will happen. What do you think word around the campfire means? Just pointed out a rumor I heard.

If you read my post, I did say that they were rumors. Can we go back to demolishing the "attendance is just fine" canard now? :P

FWIW, the Jaguars have asked for a blackout extention for this weekend's game. Again. I really wish I knew how many of those tickets the Jags were buying up.

If you read my post, I did say that they were rumors.

Can we go back to demolishing the "attendance is just fine" canard now? :P

If you knew it was a rumor and that I never said it would be a local billionaire, why did you post it?

If you read my post, I did say that they were rumors. Can we go back to demolishing the "attendance is just fine" canard now? :P

FWIW, the Jaguars have asked for a blackout extention for this weekend's game. Again. I really wish I knew how many of those tickets the Jags were buying up.

It tells you on their website. Check daily.

Silly me, I was defending you. Thought your actual words would be helpful.

My fault. No wonder I had no idea what you were trying to prove to me. The post seemed more to me than DWF. My fault.

P.S. It would have helped if I knew who Criswell was. I learned today.

Archived