NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but it's fairly meaningless under current guidelines.

If you read my post, I did say that they were rumors. Can we go back to demolishing the "attendance is just fine" canard now? :P

FWIW, the Jaguars have asked for a blackout extention for this weekend's game. Again. I really wish I knew how many of those tickets the Jags were buying up.

It tells you on their website. Check daily.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

We know that they "sold" full capacity in the past. That they have 6,379 and 10,041 tickets available for the last two games, respectively.

But what we don't know is how many of the tickets to those prior games were "bought" by the Jaguars themselves in order to lift the blackout. We know that the Jaguars have done it in the past, and those are the numbers that the club doesn't release to the public.

Honest question. How many people here knew the Jags lead their state in attendance?

Haha, this is a thing?

In relation to the Jaguars moving, it's everything. The team makes money and has great facilities. Now, if you are going to be an ass, you can at least answer the question. Hell, didn't you say something in an earlier thread about Miami filling seats?

If you read my post, I did say that they were rumors. Can we go back to demolishing the "attendance is just fine" canard now? :P

FWIW, the Jaguars have asked for a blackout extention for this weekend's game. Again. I really wish I knew how many of those tickets the Jags were buying up.

It tells you on their website. Check daily.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

We know that they "sold" full capacity in the past. That they have 6,379 and 10,041 tickets available for the last two games, respectively.

But what we don't know is how many of the tickets to those prior games were "bought" by the Jaguars themselves in order to lift the blackout. We know that the Jaguars have done it in the past, and those are the numbers that the club doesn't release to the public.

It has to be under 3k left for Weaver to even consider. It works out to making more money thanks to the Everbank deal.

Honest question. How many people here knew the Jags lead their state in attendance?

Well, a team should if they have more at least two additional games to draw yet your average is still much less. The fact that the same stadium is at it's fullest during Florida/Georgia should be more glaring to you.

That's like saying that "My McDonalds has more sales than your Chik-fil-a", but failing to note that Chik-fil-a is closed on Sunday.

It has to be under 3k left for Weaver to even consider.

I don't suppose you have a source for that, do you?

I have to find it but it is in the Everbank deal. A certain amount of money is lost when the game isn't sold out. However, if he buys more than 3k he loses money. Look at it this way, we are close enough for that to happen and that aint bad. far cry from 09 when he had to buy 20k if he wanted to avoid a blackout. My point, The jags have less problems selling tickets than people think. There is no need for a red flag unless they have more 09's. 10 and 11 has been a far cry.

I's love to see how that math actually works.

You're presuming that he wouldn't take a very minor loss to keep the games on television (NFL clubs can buy their own tickets at a steep discount in order to avoid blackouts), which is diametrically opposed to the "he's a local guy over money" meme.

I'll agree that the situation is not as bad as it has been in years past. But it's still pretty dire, even when the Jaguars manage to put a competitive product on the field.

Well, a team should if they have more at least two additional games to draw yet your average is still much less. The fact that the same stadium is at it's fullest during Florida/Georgia should be more glaring to you.

That's like saying that "My McDonalds has more sales than your Chik-fil-a", but failing to note that Chik-fil-a is closed on Sunday.

I disagree. One game a year is easier than 10. If the jags played in Everbank once a year they probably could fill it up 80k. Especially If that game is against the same rival for over 80 years. Apples to oranges. Goth, do you agree with DWF here?.

the attendance figures are done by capacity percentage, not total. You know, so more or less games wont skew it. 40k at the Bucs game Sunday. Think about that, DWF.

I's love to see how that math works. You're presuming that he wouldn't take a very minor loss to keep the games on television - NFL clubs can buy their own tickets at a steep discount in order to avoid blackouts.

I'll agree that the situation is not as bad as it has been in years past. But it's still pretty dire, even when they manage to put a competitive product on the field.

How is 3-9 competitive? In 2010 we had record season ticket sales. Think about it. Jags have one playoff win in almost 12 years. Is that competitive?

1. Announced attendance is always tickets distributed (paid & complimentary). In park/In house numbers are more important to the bottom line.

2. Saying you're highest in the state of Florida means nothing when all three teams are in the bottom third of current NFL attendance.

As a Bucs fan, in no way am I bitter towards you and the Jags. I'm just stating facts. I just wish the Bucs ownership bought the extra tix at their discounted rate and distributed to charities and such.

There is a lot of fan apathy towards the Bucs, and even with a struggling team, fans would be interested if at least the games were all on TV.

Random question about the Jags...Is Orlando Jags country, Bucs country, both, or bandwagonville?

Orlando is an interesting area. Being that a very small part of the Orlando market is within 75 miles of Tampa, the Orlando TV market falls under Buccaneers blackout procedures (even if 95% of the area is outside of the 75 mile bubble).

I used to live in Melbourne, which is in the Orlando TV market, and just driving around the area the teams I noticed most were in this order.

1. Jags

2. Bucs

3. Fins

Yes, small sample, but it shows at least some interest.

This is the attendance for the Jaguars in a playoff hunt.

09000d5d81d34e75_gallery_600.jpg

They are a franchise in trouble.

Touchdown club. It's a cold, wet game. They are inside. I told you already. You are showin me a pic from 2010 season. Did you know the Jags had a record breaking year in season tickets before that season began? No more 09's and the jags have no reason to move. Bow down to me in 5 years when they are still here.

Okay, how about a photo from this season's opener?

_Q3G7729--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

Bright sunshine-y day. First game of the season, so nobody can yet accuse the club of underperforming. Sure, some sections are nicely packed. But others are vacant.

It's a little early to start holding up the Jaguars as a model for anything more than perfecting shell games.

BTW, When that game happened they needed a miracle to get in.

Okay, how about a photo from this season's opener?

_Q3G7729--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

Bright sunshine-y day. First game of the season, so nobody can yet accuse the club of underperforming. Sure, some sections are nicely packed. But others are vacant.

It's a little early to start holding up the Jaguars as a model for anything more than perfecting shell games.

Record heat day.

I's love to see how that math works. You're presuming that he wouldn't take a very minor loss to keep the games on television - NFL clubs can buy their own tickets at a steep discount in order to avoid blackouts.

I'll agree that the situation is not as bad as it has been in years past. But it's still pretty dire, even when they manage to put a competitive product on the field.

How is 3-9 competitive? In 2010 we had record season ticket sales. Think about it. Jags have one playoff win in almost 12 years. Is that competitive?

What was the 2011 retention rate when the team raised prices?

Wait,

or did they flip-flop on that?

You keep using 2010 numbers, what about this season and will you blame the lockout as you blamed the temperature?

What was the 2011 retention rate when the team raised prices?

Wait,

or did they flip-flop on that?

You keep using 2010 numbers, what about this season and will you blame the lockout as you blamed the temperature?

Haven't you been following? This year's excuse is the lousy team, even in the first game before anybody knew how lousy there are. :D

We will see. If the Jags attendance is a red flag then there are a lot of teams that needs to move.

This isn't about them "needing" to move. Only the reality that they're a likely candidate to move, based on their situation. A situation which has only moved further in that direction with the sale of the team.

But yes, their ongoing attendance problems are a red flag that this is a franchise in serious trouble.

Archived