NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

Glendale however would fit the "middle of nowhere" model. It literally rises out of the surrounding landscape like a crashed UFO. It's cool until you realize the implications of NOTHING being around it.

westgate-hockey-stadium.jpg

New Urbanism from hell.

It's actually the antithesis of New Urbanism, which stresses integration between commerical and residential in a walkable synthesis to replicate the pedestrian-based community.

Building a stadium and mall far from housing centers and in a place accessible only by automobile is exactly the opposite. They should wish for New Urbanism.

Talk about an arena with no character too. The Jobbing.com arena looks like a big box store anchoring the development, not an arena.

Yeah, it's actually pretty nice on the inside, but on the outside, it's no different than the AMC on the other side.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Farmers Field, I don't think we've posted these new renderings, released last month.

farmers-field-plan.jpg

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- Architects chosen to design Farmers Field have unveiled their vision for the proposed football stadium in Downtown Los Angeles.

Instead of a bulky retractable roof, the design features a removable lightweight covering, similar to a the one on Beijing's Birds Nest venue used int he 2008 Olympics.

The home NFL team will decide whether to leave the roof on or not, according to Michael Roth, spokesman for stadium developer AEG.

The stadium will seat 72,000 people.

Most of the seating is on the sidelines, opening the north end zone to a view of the city.

"This showcases the advantage of being in Los Angeles, how people would rather be outside or inside," Ron Turner, principal of the project's lead architect, Gensler, told the Los Angeles Times.

"We need a symbol, a gateway. It's important for people to say, 'Wow! That's L.A.'"

farmers-field-plan-1.jpg

farmers-field-plans-3.jpg

That looks so incredibly badass.

spacer.png

Yeah, I like it. Very au courant.

4FARMERS_FIELD_-_EXTERIOR_-_STREET_-_VIEW_FROM_ST.jpg

Here's the old roof design, for comparison:

Farmers-Field-01-537x317.jpg

And from the inside, new and old:

FARMERS_FIELD_-_INTERIOR_-_VIEW_OF_SEATING_BOWL.jpg

110201_farmers_field.jpg

New one is definitely classier looking. Also removes some of the "airplane hanger" look the previous one evoked.

Khan was officially approved as the new Jaguars owner today at the league meetings. Takes over in January.

He certainly sounded committed to Jacksonville, although he also harped on the caveat that he needs fans to buy in. We'll see.

I'm not in any manner confident he'll head to St. Louis if the Rams leave, but I still hope he can be my backup.

He certainly sounded committed to Jacksonville, although he also harped on the caveat that he needs fans to buy in. We'll see.

Really? Wow. I would have expected nothing less than sunshine and roses at the initial press conference. That makes me more convinced than ever.

Wow, busy week up in the Bay Area. Looks like you can officially take the Niners off of any potential move lists. Jed York just tweeted that the NFL has already approved the G3 loan to the Niners. They now have every last dollar of financing. Nothing left to do now but wait for better weather and the clearing of the site. Candlestick Park is officially in her last days.

And oddest of all they didn't wait for the Raiders, at all.

santa_clara_01.jpg

mn-niners14_ph2__0500225298.jpg

I'm a Spammer/Spambot--Just here to waste your time (even moreso)...

Sorry...I'm getting sick of all these spammers as of late... </vent>

Anyways, that 49ers stadium looks to be promising. I'm hoping that both the 49ers and Raiders end up staying, even if that means sharing these new digs...

As for Farmers Field, I don't think we've posted these new renderings, released last month.

farmers-field-plan.jpg

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- Architects chosen to design Farmers Field have unveiled their vision for the proposed football stadium in Downtown Los Angeles.

Instead of a bulky retractable roof, the design features a removable lightweight covering, similar to a the one on Beijing's Birds Nest venue used int he 2008 Olympics.

The home NFL team will decide whether to leave the roof on or not, according to Michael Roth, spokesman for stadium developer AEG.

The stadium will seat 72,000 people.

Most of the seating is on the sidelines, opening the north end zone to a view of the city.

"This showcases the advantage of being in Los Angeles, how people would rather be outside or inside," Ron Turner, principal of the project's lead architect, Gensler, told the Los Angeles Times.

"We need a symbol, a gateway. It's important for people to say, 'Wow! That's L.A.'"

farmers-field-plan-1.jpg

farmers-field-plans-3.jpg

Eeeeeh, nothing's more badass than this

LA-STADIUM.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

farmers-field-plan.jpg

LA-STADIUM.jpg

That does look really sweet having the stadium built out of the hill, until you realized where the hell that thing is actually going to be.

Downtown LA > City of Industry.

There might be a whole lot of construction going down in the south bay very soon. 49ers new stadium in Santa Clara, possibly a new stadium for the A's just a few blocks from the HP Pavilion and construction should begin soon on the Earthquakes new stadium over by the Mineta San Jose International Airport.

farmers-field-plan.jpg

LA-STADIUM.jpg

That does look really sweet having the stadium built out of the hill, until you realized where the hell that thing is actually going to be.

Depends on who you're asking. Someone from the Inland Empire or the OC might disagree. But yeah for anyone in LA county or Ventura it's a big plus.

farmers-field-plan.jpg

LA-STADIUM.jpg

Depends on who you're asking. Someone from the Inland Empire or the OC might disagree. But yeah for anyone in LA county or Ventura it's a big plus.

Please don't call it THE OC. Drives me insane.

And I'm from OC. I prefer the downtown site. And my comment above wasn't based on a commute or distance thing. It was based on I'd rather spend time in Downtown LA than I ever would in the friggin City of Industry.

Really? Wow. I would have expected nothing less than sunshine and roses at the initial press conference. That makes me more convinced than ever.

To be fair, "harped" might have been a bit strong. But he mentioned it a couple of times while professing his support for Jacksonville.

I just don't understand why any city would pay to build a football stadium.... Maybe there is more to it I am missing if there are private groups lined up to build stadiums in LA, but I can't see how that would come anywhere close to making sense for a city.

In the case of the Farmers Field proposal in Los Angeles, AEG is paying for the construction of the $1-billion stadium privately. A replacement for the current West Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center is projected to cost $350-million and would be financed by the City of Los Angeles through the city-issued bonds, with said outlay by the city ultimately being repaid through both rental payments from AEG and the collection of taxes assessed on events in the stadium.

Further, the general assumption is that two NFL franchises - one in the AFC, the other in the NFC - would ultimately call Farmers Field home. This would mean that, at minimum, 4 preseason NFL games and 16 regular-season NFL games would be played in Los Angeles annually.

Finally, the design of Farmers Field calls for the facility to be topped with a retractable-roof and connected to the Los Angeles Convention Center via a walkway. In this way, the stadium floor can be utilized as additional exhibition space, thus enabling the LACC to bid to host larger conventions than it has been capable of in the past. Additionally, it is expected that Farmers Field would bid to host Super Bowls, NCAA Final Fours, etc.

farmers-field-plan.jpg

LA-STADIUM.jpg

Please don't call it THE OC. Drives me insane.

And I'm from OC. I prefer the downtown site. And my comment above wasn't based on a commute or distance thing. It was based on I'd rather spend time in Downtown LA than I ever would in the friggin City of Industry.

Also, why the hell would anyone ever want to spend time in the City of Industry? It's f :censored: ing hot out there, and miserable :P

And to bosrs 1, (and no disrespect to Still MIGHTY) but this stadium would Los Angeles' team. Not the Inland Empire's or OC's team, but Los Angeles' team. They should play in Los Angeles.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived